Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Do we keep stock tail with brushless upgrade?

I know the tail from this lil guy is the same as the bigger mcpx, but does the tail hold with the mild or wild kits? I was thinking I just wanted the mild kit; I'm trying to keep this thing an indoor flyer, but with a longer lasting main motor and hopefully better flight times.
gabeoravitz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Duplicate lol
Old 11-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeoravitz View Post
I know the tail from this lil guy is the same as the bigger mcpx, but does the tail hold with the mild or wild kits? I was thinking I just wanted the mild kit; I'm trying to keep this thing an indoor flyer, but with a longer lasting main motor and hopefully better flight times.
The tail holds better with the (main) mild brushless motor the stock (main) coreless is a power hog..
Old 11-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I remember right I head something with the mcpx's about because there's an esc for the main motor it lets the tail motor have a little more power? Might not be the exact truth but something along those lines and lets face it the tail on the nano is lots better maybe you could also change the wires to a sr120 thickness or worst comes to worst extend the boom
stuhomer71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm up to like 60-70 flights and I get 5 min per flight. That leaves 3.7 v

HK250SR,Blade 450 3D,Blade 450 X,DX6I, Phoenix V4, Blade Nano CPX
Old 11-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhomer71 View Post
If I remember right I head something with the mcpx's about because there's an esc for the main motor it lets the tail motor have a little more power? Might not be the exact truth but something along those lines and lets face it the tail on the nano is lots better maybe you could also change the wires to a sr120 thickness or worst comes to worst extend the boom
That and it dont bog as easily which causes power spikes and hence the tail blows out..
Old 11-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

How does the mild kit it do with the stock batteries? His page says "stock sized" but does that exclude the actual stock batteries?
gabeoravitz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
How does the mild kit it do with the stock batteries? His page says "stock sized" but does that exclude the actual stock batteries?
Stock eflite batteries seem the best so far, but I haven't tried them all. Thunderpowers are the worst I have tested, most hyperions do good too.

No abused or really old batteries do well. And cold batteries are the worst on any brand/condition. Warm them up before flying for best results.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Seems to me the stock tail actually holds better with brushless.

I have the wild brushless installed late last night. And pitch pumps, I was near hitting the ceiling and the tail holds solid. With the stock motor, when it was new...it was pretty solid. Then as it wore, I would get more and more severe TBO. So it was really shocking to see it hold to steady once I installed the Wild brushless motor.
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Seems to me the stock tail actually holds better with brushless.

I have the wild brushless installed late last night. And pitch pumps, I was near hitting the ceiling and the tail holds solid. With the stock motor, when it was new...it was pretty solid. Then as it wore, I would get more and more severe TBO. So it was really shocking to see it hold to steady once I installed the Wild brushless motor.
Hi Daryoon,

That is good to hear the stock tail holds! So you didn´t have to make it as long as the 125mm mcpx boom neither?
My wild kit comes in this week, can´t wait really With what settings did you start flying the wild kit if you don´t mind asking?

Thanks!
timox72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 05:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running stock eflite batteries stock tail with my brushless works awesome Hyperion's are great to.. my thunders puffed up lol
Old 11-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Stock eflite batteries seem the best so far, but I haven't tried them all. Thunderpowers are the worst I have tested, most hyperions do good too.

No abused or really old batteries do well. And cold batteries are the worst on any brand/condition. Warm them up before flying for best results.
How do you heat them up safely?
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
How do you heat them up safely?
Depends, IR temp gun helps to keep track. At home I set them on top of the audio receiver in the shop which measures 95 degrees on the top most of the time.

Heating pad will work too, or stick them in your heater vents (carefully so they dont fall in) at the field.

Or hand warmer packets in a small cooler.

I got thinking about a solar lipo oven too

Lots of ways...

Dylan
Dylwad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just installed the mild kit on my nano, and the stock tail wasn't holding for me. My tail has 200 + flights on it, so I put on a new one and it wasn't any better. Pretty much un-flyable. I put on an mcpx tail and now it's much better. I still get a bit of kick out on hard collective
But no worse than before the upgrade.

Batteries are stock and well used. Perhaps I will try new batteries.
asodestrom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by asodestrom View Post
I just installed the mild kit on my nano, and the stock tail wasn't holding for me. My tail has 200 + flights on it, so I put on a new one and it wasn't any better. Pretty much un-flyable. I put on an mcpx tail and now it's much better. I still get a bit of kick out on hard collective
But no worse than before the upgrade.

Batteries are stock and well used. Perhaps I will try new batteries.
Was it radom kicks and did the tail have a mind of it's own before you went over to the mCPX tail?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Was it radom kicks and did the tail have a mind of it's own before you went over to the mCPX tail?
It was all over the place, a mind of it's own. Funny thing is the older nano tail was better than the new nano tail.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It was all over the place, a mind of it's own. Funny thing is the older nano tail was better than the new nano tail.
Interesting.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

It,s possible that the new nano tail was crappy right out of the bag. The mcpx tail works, so I'll stick with it.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It,s possible that the new nano tail was crappy right out of the bag. The mcpx tail works, so I'll stick with it.
Don't know. I'm trying to track down a similar problem with my conversion. I get above 75% and the tail goes berserk! :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Don't know. I'm trying to track down a similar problem with my conversion. I get above 75% and the tail goes berserk! :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I was flying at 80%. Maybe I'll put the nano tail back in and try below 75 and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in