Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Spadaccini View Post
chascs i read your pm and you have the right to be mad. I will not be a punching bag for anyone on the public forum i am here to help and i do so. This is the reason why top pilots refuse to come on and help. So as stated in a post above the grass is not always greener on the other side and there is no other mfg the size of Align that can make things happen the way we do i rest my case

Dino
Dino,
Not a punching bag, you on here, I'll wait until you arrive in Edmonton for those heavy handed blows being dealt... Smile
Ah, where I'll not hold anything back!! Laughs... you want it you got it!!
But all kidding aside.

Sir, you have read my PM, so now you know where I'm coming from and why what I wrote that which, I have written.. Nothing to hide, but trying to be civil here with you.
Thanks for getting the ball rolling down hill.
You and Align have done a fantastic job in a very few couple of short months. Someone should get a firm slap on the right shoulder for this expediency of service for us simple
TRex 700 E DFC HV customers.
I thank you for your true dedication and many hours of unwavering servitude.
Well done Dino, you're my newest hero.
Now let us move forward, with pride and no prejudges...
When the mail arrives, I'll have even more praise to exclaim, out loud!!

Chas
Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Traxxas QR-1 RealFlight Drone 6.5
ChasCS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

And now we just need the parts available in the UK and all will be well!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chas sometimes i feel with your posts you come off like your cheese slid off your cracker so to speak...lol.
AMA #1039539
ddj74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default & likewise, 'baack' at you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj74 View Post
Chas sometimes I feel with your posts you come off like your cheese slid off your cracker so to speak...lol.
Hi ddj,
Yes, and after all is said and done, cheese and crackers is about all I can afford to eat.
I haven't even boughten/gotten any of my batteries or charger yet...
Perhaps I'll have to leave the cheese and just eat your tasty crumbs...

Cheer up bud, life ain't always this sweet... and you got your replacement parts before most anyone else, so I guess you're on a mighty high horse saddle...
So to speak, politely in mixed company.

Gee, thanks for taking the time from your busy schedule to make comment.
It's refreshing and enlightening if not endearing!

Go fly your bright kite... Smile
And capitalize your single I, i i Captain Crunch...

Chas
Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Traxxas QR-1 RealFlight Drone 6.5

Last edited by ChasCS; 12-11-2012 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: English minor?
ChasCS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Dino,

... Yes I got mine free and if you sent as many hours as I do per day per week per month per year working for Align part time as well running my own company you would get things free but you come on here and try and call me out have a great day SIR.

Dino
Hey Dino,

woops - you said earlier you're an Align guy. You are not?
What an injustice - they are not paying you? I mean, you are just sacrificing yourself? For free?

Wow ...
PetJumper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Anybody else noticed that the rear gear that goes into the boom, attaches to torque tube seems to be a little bigger outside diameter than the original white one? Man I hate to force it into the bearing as hard as I am having too!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwall64 View Post
Anybody else noticed that the rear gear that goes into the boom, attaches to torque tube seems to be a little bigger outside diameter than the original white one? Man I hate to force it into the bearing as hard as I am having too!
Yeah it was a very tight fit.
AMA #1039539
Old 12-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

deleted
Old 12-12-2012, 02:33 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout19 View Post
And now we just need the parts available in the UK and all will be well!

+1
Peter Hawtin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would be a little ticked if I had spent $1300. on a heli kit to find out a few weeks later that the parts needed to fix a known problem were going to cost me more. It is not the money-----it is the principal. This is his first big heli and unfortunately it will probably be his last Align product. The tail problem with the V3 is all over the internet daily so it can not be considered "just a few"!!!!! I personally have followed the Align 700 and have waited for quite some time for the Align people to "get it right" and after V3 and it's tail problems I went TSA Infusion 700-E and after 100+ flights with no problems my choice was a good one.
sherman89 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Hawtin View Post
+1
Due in UK next week as i have been told at FLP.

Henseleit TDR, Minicopter. Mikado. Jeti Carbon Red DS16. Plus scale stuff
satsuma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
I would be a little ticked if I had spent $1300. on a heli kit to find out a few weeks later that the parts needed to fix a known problem were going to cost me more. It is not the money-----it is the principal. This is his first big heli and unfortunately it will probably be his last Align product. The tail problem with the V3 is all over the internet daily so it can not be considered "just a few"!!!!! I personally have followed the Align 700 and have waited for quite some time for the Align people to "get it right" and after V3 and it's tail problems I went TSA Infusion 700-E and after 100+ flights with no problems my choice was a good one.
Not to totally disagree with you, but I see only a relatively few people with actual problems. Of course if you are one of the few, it's a major problem. As Dino has indicated, not every 700 is having problems. I have a V2 that I upgraded to the helical tail drive, which puts my heli in the group with potential problems, but having flown it for several months with the new autorotation gears (Rail 106 blades) I haven't seen any issues, so the higher speed doesn't automatically cause the problem.

After all this came up, I decided to check the grip washers, and I did find some cupping. Put on thicker washers and nipped that issue in the bud. While I had the tail apart, did routine maintenance and then decided to go ahead and do the tail upgrade just as a precaution. That's my history, but I can understand how someone who purchased a new kit that hasn't flown yet might be upset, as these helis can seriously injure/kill someone if it hits them, and anything that can cause a mechanical failure needs to be addressed, which it has (apparently). BTW, I have built a Goblin, an X7 and two MA Fury 55s. Not one of them was issue free out of the box, so it's true the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I do believe in the phrase "don't shoot the messenger", and I believe that Dino has been a great factor in getting the word out, as well as working with everyone to find out what the problem is.

Chas, PM me and let's discuss what is happening to you. I don't know how Canada works product liability but there has to be some kind of process available.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just installed my new tail shaft and hub and all I can say is WOW! Amazing precision compared to the original hub. When grips are installed there is absolutley NO play in anything. I did note if the two clamping screws on the slider assembly were tightened a little too much that the slider barrell would bind on the shaft. About to go for a test flight to see how it works.
RV_7A is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey Dino,

What an injustice - they are not paying you? I mean, you are just sacrificing yourself? For free?

Wow .

petjumper really you just dont give up, First off my deal with Align is really none of your business. if you think i am not an Align guy thats fine but my picture is on their web sight for all to see have a great day. Once again this is why top pilots from all brands just dont bother with these forums because of key board jockeys like you, knowledge is power ignorance is free.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

petjumper really you just dont give up, First off my deal with Align is really none of your business. if you think i am not an Align guy thats fine but my picture is on their web sight for all to see have a great day. Once again this is why top pilots from all brands just dont bother with these forums because of key board jockeys like you, knowledge is power ignorance is free.

+1
joachim_7010 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My torque tube gear was a smiggin larger also. I carefully took the square edge off the front of it with a small piece of sandpaper and then pressed it in with my bench vise and a small socket to push it in from the gear end. Worked like a charm. THE END.
RV_7A is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey Dino,

Wow .

You may be correct, Dino. I am definitely not a top pilot at all - it is just my first year. I am just a bloody beginner. But even more so, I expect honesty - and I want to get what I paid for ... you may call me a keyboard jockey - but I am not a liar.

Ciao
PetJumper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

point out where i lied
Old 12-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Remind me again what the point of this is? A problem was identified, and Dino took his own time and effort to reply to people and work with Align on the fix, which happened very quickly.

A lot of other manufacturers get no support on these forums, we should be grateful for what we have had from Dino.

I personally would like to thank you Dino for the time and effort you have put into fixing this problem, and keeping everyone updated.

Can we drop it now?

Old 12-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think Dino even has to respond via an unofficial forum on behalf of Align yet he has. He has had a very good temperament even though he has been bombarded with things that is not in his control. He has help keep us informed the best he could and i applaud him for the efforts he has contributed into getting us a fix. There isn't a reason to attack him or be rude. Atleast he took a step forward, contributed and helped put our mind at ease by answering our questions to the best of his ability. I apologize on behalf of those who cannot or will not for the work you have done and for the uncalled for comments you have had to read. Thank you Dino for standing up for us and the support you have given us. Atleast our voice was heard and unfortunately unappreciated by a few rotten apples. We all know some here has suffered a great loss do to this failure but Dino is NOT the owner of Align and doesn't deserve that backlash. Expressing your anger by not attacking him as a person is the only way this should have been approached. Some of you have taken the bad guy approach and this isn't going to help but make things worse for future problems that occur. If Dino wasn't here who would we have had to express directly our concerns. Atleast we have that...lets not make it...atleast we HAD that for the future. Thanks Dino for your time and effort you put into helping us get our concerns and voices heard!
AMA #1039539

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in