Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Main Forum - Multirotor Talk

Main Forum - Multirotor Talk General Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 12:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
Also, for your camera question, you'll need a video downlink. Since I don't recommend going full FPV with that kind of ship, you just need a video downlink that will be able to relay the video, and it'S not the end of the world if there's interference. I recommend the Immersion RC 5.8GHz 600mW. The unit is really small and lightweight. You should have 2 sources ideally for fpv flight. 1 main flight camera view and one that is your filming camera (to see your shot). There's many video selectors available. I like using the DJI iOSD, but it works only with the Wookong (for the moment). I use the DX18 voltage telemetry to tell me the battery voltage. Works like a charm.
I am not sure if I understand correctly what you mean?! I understand that you should have two cameras. One, for the picture you are going to shoot and one, to navigate/FPV... Are you saying, that they should have EACH have their own down-link, BUT you can also use only one down-link and switch between the two, by using a video selector?!

So what for do you use the iOSD?! Speaking of Wookong, is the Wookong "better", more stable maybe, than the NAZA?!

thanks,

G

EDIT: I just tried to connect the NAZA to my Computer, with no luck!? I just have it sitting on my desk and thought I can hook it up real quick, to check out the software and stuff?! It looks like I have to hook up a battery to the VU?! How much Voltage is the minimum?! I did try one of my car receiver packs, 6V and it didn't really work?! It says 2s-6s on the VU so I guess that's what I have to use?! Cant I just plug my receiver pack into the NAZA directly?!

Last edited by neavissa; 03-31-2013 at 01:21 AM..
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
Forgot to say:

These things can handle 20A @ 600V. Which means 12000W. If you're running only 22.2v through them, it means that you could in theory run over 500A through them.
Careful, this is wrong and could cost you money or property.

"Can handle" in this context means "is guaranteed to handle without overheating". Ohmic heating power (in W) is P = IČR (where I is the current and R is the resistance of the connection). Each device can dissipate a given amount of thermal power and this is what defines its current carrying capacity. The amount of heat produced depends in the current and the resistance, *not* the voltage. 30 A going through a 10 mOhm connector will generate 9 W of heat whether it's running at 12 or 600 V.

This is the whole point of high voltage electricity distribution - minimize the current and with it the losses. It's also the reason why a 4s heli will be more efficient than a 3s one (assuming all else remains the same).

If you tried to pull 500 A through a Wago it would probably straight evaporate. It can realistically handle 40 A, but it will get hot and brittle (as the plastic outgasses). It will start to melt at 50 A - I figured that out because I used them on CNCs.
overwatch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea the folks at rcdrones are really hard to connect with. I have a frame thats missing 4 pieces and I called them the other day and still no reply.
WyDiablo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

You will never get a response from Rc drones. For them it more like " Sell it and forget it" I would never buy from him unless I really need it from emergency. fIm not bashing on the vendor but Im just telling the truth and sometimes it hurts.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been trying to contact them for the last 3 or 4 days and nothing from the company at all. I can't complete my CC X4 650 quad until I get the 4 pieces that hold the landing gear to the bottom plate. So now I have a $375.00 frame that I really can't fly.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Order from carbon core directly. I did. I needed the landing gear and for get about contacting Tony at drones so I contacted carbon directly. Responded to my email within 1.5 hrs and sent the part after payment rright away. Received it within 4 business days. Don't waste time with rc drones.

All carbon core dealers in the US that I know of are a joke. Never answer calls or emails. I order from seb/thalios from now on.

If it was missing from the kit then they should sent right away. I was very pleased with CC service.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess I will have to do a complaint through paypal to get the 4 missing parts the I need to finish my X4 650 frame build.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sure only way these venders specially rc drones will call you is if they want to get paid. That how all these companies are these days. Only call for $. Lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in