Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Multiple SR owners/parts hoarders

How many multiple SR owners do we have out there?
Myself I have two, plus a pretty good bench stock of parts.
One is belted, and am currently adding a Futaba 401 gyro
to, the other stock except some metal on the head and tail.
My bench stock seems to keep growing I just never seem to
be able to pass up a good deal on parts for em....
I have resisted the urge to buy another SR, it's been tough
because I have seen some killer deals on a couple of em!

Am I wrong to hoard these parts? Haha
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

haha I've been contemplating picking up a second SR. I actually will be picking up a frame+ from someone this evening. once I get it I'll determine how close to a second it is. I have all the electronics in the drawer so I should have a second one after tonight.

We shall see.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthompson View Post
haha I've been contemplating picking up a second SR. I actually will be picking up a frame+ from someone this evening. once I get it I'll determine how close to a second it is. I have all the electronics in the drawer so I should have a second one after tonight.

We shall see.
Believe me it's been hard not to snap up some
of these deals I've run across....but I do keep
my eye open for parts, I probably already have
enough to do a third heli, but I just keep myself
in check. I plan to move up in the 300 450 ranks
at some point. I guess it's the tinkering part that
gets me, I like to tinker....this is why I have one
that's belted. But I have been thinking about doing
The HK250 mod, I am weighing if that's really worth
it though. Part of me says just get a deal on a 300 or
Align 250, or just move on up to a 450...
500 Pro DFC
Old 09-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok the SR I picked up today isn't worth calling an SR yet..just parts. but with that said I have enough parts to make it whole. I don't know yet if I will do that or not..tempted to.

yeah I bought the HK250 to do the convert but was not all that impressed with the frame of it and stuck with the SR. I like the idea of the belt conversion but same thing. is it worth the money as opposed to just buying a 300cfx which I've been eye-balling lately.

I already have a 450-3D sitting on the shelf too...I like the size of the SR and it's not as pricey when I have to repair it.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
ok the SR I picked up today isn't worth calling an SR yet..just parts. but with that said I have enough parts to make it whole. I don't know yet if I will do that or not..tempted to.

yeah I bought the HK250 to do the convert but was not all that impressed with the frame of it and stuck with the SR. I like the idea of the belt conversion but same thing. is it worth the money as opposed to just buying a 300cfx which I've been eye-balling lately.

I already have a 450-3D sitting on the shelf too...I like the size of the SR and it's not as pricey when I have to repair it.
Ah good deal on the parts! Yes questions, and wonderings on all the options...
Your right about the repair-ability of the SR (is that a word?? Maybe I just invented it...hehe)
It is cheaper to fix, lord knows I have banged in down into the ground a couple of times when I first started flying it. My biggest problem is my brain freeze that will sometimes affect me during a flight....I will literally lock the stick up watching the heli take a wrong turn and freeze up for a second. sometimes too late. I'm getting better at that, but every
so often I'll catch myself doing it. I'm thinking my orientations are still not ingrained enough.

I have another bundle of parts coming myself, it looked as though there were enough outta that for myself to build a 3rd SR.....haha, not going to though...
Oh if you haven't already, get those Microheli metal parts, blade grips especially!
They are wonderful! those dang plastic blade grips are a pain! I have snapped them on just
a little tip over when coming down for a landing, and just clip clipping them a couple revolutions before I righted the thing....but snap they went!
SR 2 has the metal head components, and the worst I have done is pop a linkage off on the pitch arm.

I had a Futaba G401 laying around in bench stock....guess where it is as of tonight?
On SR 1 belted......took a little fiddling and finding, and you tube....but its really a difference!
I may have to find a good deal on another one, stick it on SR 2! the remote adjustments
are great with the DX6i. was sitting there hovering it while adjusting tail on it!
Rodney
500 Pro DFC
Old 09-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have two SR Hueys and I buy parts for them from time to time even when I don't need them. With the Huey it would be nearly impossible to do the belt mod (bent tail) but lately I have been looking at picking up a regular SR since all the parts except the boom are really interchangeable.

I also have a 450 3D and a 130x, 130x redbull and a few others but for some reason I really like the SR. Perhaps we should start a support group for SR addicts?

Jim
Old 09-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmors View Post
I have two SR Hueys and I buy parts for them from time to time even when I don't need them. With the Huey it would be nearly impossible to do the belt mod (bent tail) but lately I have been looking at picking up a regular SR since all the parts except the boom are really interchangeable.

I also have a 450 3D and a 130x, 130x redbull and a few others but for some reason I really like the SR. Perhaps we should start a support group for SR addicts?

Jim
Maybe so Jim, I know there are a lot of haters of the SR, but there
is just something I love about this thing....well it's really pretty easy
to fix, parts are fairly cheap, and it does fly pretty
nice when set up right.

My wife makes fun of me because I have most of my spare
parts in original packaging, all on the wall arranged
by component...haha...
my own little hobby shop I guess.
Rodney
500 Pro DFC
Old 09-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain06 View Post
Oh if you haven't already, get those Microheli metal parts, blade grips especially!
They are wonderful! those dang plastic blade grips are a pain! I have snapped them on just
a little tip over when coming down for a landing, and just clip clipping them a couple revolutions before I righted the thing....but snap they went!
SR 2 has the metal head components, and the worst I have done is pop a linkage off on the pitch arm.
I had upgraded to metal blade grips a while back and was extremely unhappy because a screw came out and ultimately was stripped..I put the plasti chead back on and went on with life. I just looked at the microheli head..looks much better than the xtreme head I had before. I might just have to buy one and give it a try.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I had upgraded to metal blade grips a while back and was extremely unhappy because a screw came out and ultimately was stripped..I put the plasti chead back on and went on with life. I just looked at the microheli head..looks much better than the xtreme head I had before. I might just have to buy one and give it a try.
I've had the same problem in the past with certain components
of Xtreme products,
I do have an Xtreme flybar and swash on my belted SR, the
other SR has all Microheli....and they are excellent!
I bought that one used with all the components on it,
When I first got it, I made a mistake and didn't check setup on it,
powered it
up, and it promptly pounded itself into the garage ceiling, thought
I had smashed the whole head on it....nothing, bent fly bar that
I just bent back...
So I can attest to the durability of em! Lol
500 Pro DFC
Old 09-22-2014, 01:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 SR's

One with 275 Blades and extended tail boom of 8.5mm. with a Align Hk all metal tail
I am working on the latest with a even longer 9mm tail boom with the align hk all metal tail and Main blades of 288mm

Both are virtually Complete Micro Heli set-ups in the head area. With a re-engineered tail boom mount for the pulley system for the belts...

Fly both on a DX6I and on a DX18..... Much rather have the triple rate system and ease of a bit more radio...

Any Radio upgrade is better than the basic one...

HOWEVER!~! LETS ALL REMEMBER ONE THING ABOUT THIS HELO!~! iT WAS BUILT TO BE A SMALL STEP FORWARD TO TRANSITION FROM 4 TO 6 CHANNELS. IT WAS NEVER BUILT TO BE WHAT WE ARE ALL BUILDING IT TO BE.

Just a thought right people

Last edited by FAST EDDY; 09-22-2014 at 03:05 AM..
FAST EDDY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in