Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How rugged is it??

I am seriously looking at this Heli as I really love the 180 CFX and think Blade has turned a new leaf with these designs and the quality of their Helis.

I also hear great things about the Gaui X3 and that it is a "tank" and does very well in crashes. This is probably the most appealing part of that Heli for me, as I'm not crazy about how it looks.

That all being said, how does this Heli do in crash? Do the servos hold up well? I had horrible luck with the 300 CFX and stripping out servos just by looking at them funny. Has anyone had one that just fell out of the sky for no apparent reason like my 300 CFX did a few times before HH replaced it?

Don't get me wrong, I've been at this long enough that I know that our Helis are fragile and will break in a crash, but some crash better than others. So what's the verdict?
Ron_R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's what im wondering how this bird will hold up. Seems to have good electronics.
leadmonster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2015, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

The thing's been out in the wild for all of a few days. You're going to have to wait a while before enough crash reports pile up to be statistically significant.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2015, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
The thing's been out in the wild for all of a few days. You're going to have to wait a while before enough crash reports pile up to be statistically significant.
Fair enough.

It usually takes me all of a flight or two to compile a crash report!
Ron_R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2015, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

all the of modern 450's crash very well, I wouldn't expect anything less out of this one. Your going to lose the boom, canopy, blades, skids maybe the occasional feather shaft not much more then that. That's on grass offourse
MotorG525 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2015, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yup. I was going to say basically the same thing, but you said it perfectly.

However, if I had to take a guess, I'd say the 360CFX will crash better than a stock X3 in a crash that gets the tail boom. A belt tail heli like the 360CFX will generally always fare better than a TT driven tail heli like the stock X3. Less parts, cheaper to fix and easier to set up (vibe-wise) with the belt drive. Of course, the X3 does have a Gaui factory belt drive conversion kit, but I'm comparing stock apples to apples.
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2015, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have a feeling the bearing block/servo mounts may be a bit fragile but should be easy enough to straighten out a few times... Time will tell.... Wonder when the 3blade parts will be in and when a guy will be able to score a deal...
Centurian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2015, 06:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Main gear, main blades, skids, servo link, canopy mounts, boom and a cracked canopy. Held up well for as hard as it went in. Hold was hit in advance of impact. Electronics all working perfect after impact. All in all I am happy as hell to have a machine with this much performance and a WAY LOWER cost of replacement parts than when drilling in my 550 or larger machines.
Major Wingnut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2015, 06:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_R View Post
Fair enough.

It usually takes me all of a flight or two to compile a crash report!
I second the motion !!!
Old 03-30-2015, 07:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I to am I likely to have a crash report every time I leave the ground. Was curious, so just looked. Appears the Gaui X3 would set me back about $200 more than the 360 by the time I got it ready for the 1st crash? I'm already looking for something bigger than my 180CFX, but think I'll wait to see how the 360 is holding up before I jump on one.
cdaivs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2015, 09:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's as tough as my 500x, I'll take one.
Mark Ball is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2015, 08:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Deleted my misinformation.

Last edited by jimmy77611; 04-01-2015 at 06:31 AM..
jimmy77611 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2015, 10:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
HF Support

I had a very similar view of the 550X when it came out. Some guy brought one out to the field and we had it sitting right next to a Logo 550SX, Gaui X5 and Trex 550 Pro DFC. At the time I commented that it seemed a little cheaply made next to those helis and of course got the old smackdown from the fanboys on the forums. It won't surprise me if this one turns out to be more hype than it deserves as well.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2015, 11:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I had a very similar view of the 550X when it came out. Some guy brought one out to the field and we had it sitting right next to a Logo 550SX, Gaui X5 and Trex 550 Pro DFC. At the time I commented that it seemed a little cheaply made next to those helis and got the old smackdown from the fanboys on the forums. It won't surprise me if this one turns out to be more hype as well.
As an owner of a 550X coming up on 600 "not exactly easy" flights, I can assure you it's not hype that it's a good flying, reliable heli. As far as "cheaply made", I'll agree that it isn't as refined in the CNC metalwork. The parts are simple and bland, but they are cut cleanly and fit well. They do lack the nice finishing passes, beveling, anodizing, etc other manufactures put into their parts. Heck, I'll even say it's not that aesthetically pleasing in the overall lines, either. As for crashing, I've crashed mine more than once and it didn't crash any better or worse than the Logo or Gaui (the stock X5 isn't a true 550 anyway; smaller/lighter generally crashes better) you mentioned because I fly with guys who have both of those helis and I've seen them crashed under similar conditions, as well. It's a solid, run-of-the-mill, largish-for-the-class 550 sized heli and that's about it. To me, nothing really stands out about it other than its dead nuts reliability, which has been very refreshing for a Blade heli. It's the first one I've had and never once had to call product support for anything.

Does that make me a fanboy or even a fanboi? I don't really care. I think my record here stands that I am not a Blade cheerleader. But, they did get a lot of things very right with the Pro Series. Well, except the longevity for the best helis they've ever made...which makes me dislike Blade even more...
Old 03-31-2015, 11:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77611 View Post
Here's my .02

I got the chance to check out a 360 up close last weekend. The mainshaft is very small diameter, the same as the Dominator 450. This means it's probably going to bend on just about every crash and take out the top main bearing. The rest of the heli looked very fragile too, much like the Dominator. The main gear also looked very thin, and made of cheap plastic.

I've crashed my x3 4 times now, and so far I've only replaced main blades once, main gear once, skids once, and one servo once. Thats it. I had a dominator before the X3, and it took out blades, grip bearings, main shaft, main bearings, at least 2 servos, tail boom, skids, every single crash. I have to disagree that ALL of the modern 450's crash well. I've spent WAY less on my 4 X3 crashes then I did on one Dominator crash. The X3 is by far the most robust and rugged 450 on the market today.

The Blade looks to be similar to the Dominator in fragility, to me.
Isn't the x3 main shaft 6mm ? Same as the 360cfx?

Dominator 5mm main shaft?
Just wondering ....
Maybe I miss something.
Swop77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2015, 11:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swop77 View Post
Isn't the x3 main shaft 6mm ?
It is.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewarrior View Post
It is.
thank for confirmation.

Was wondering about the " small diameter" comment about the 360cfx main shaft.

Same diameter as the x3, should hold up well then...
Swop77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2015, 12:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes the main shaft is 6mm & feathering shaft is 5mm for 360CFX Seems like someone miss quoted this heli
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2015, 06:10 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I stand corrected. It looked to be 1mm smaller, side by side.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in