Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Youth T-Shirts

We have some requests for some T-Shirts in smaller youth sizes (my Wife wants 3 for our kids, Benny wants one for Justin, etc.)

These are a special order for us, but we are more than happy to order T-Shirts for the kids.

The youth sizes are:

XS - Store size 2 to 4
S - Store size 6 to 8
M - Store size 10 to 12
L - Store size 14 to 16
XL - Store size 18 to 20 (this is the same as a Small in a Mens size)

Just leave a post here (or PM me) on what youth size(s) you need, and how many you want of each size.
bstock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrohland View Post
Here in the DC Metro area it was raining hard most of the day yesterday (Sunday, April 20, 2008). I saw on the RADAR the eastern shore was clear of rain. I drove on down to fly at the esac club field.

As I got closer to Hurlock, I noticed the trees and flags were being whipped around by strong winds. I got to the field, no one was there. I checked the windsock and got out to check the wind. I got right back into my car and drove back to Arlington. The wind was a steady 20 knots. I wished I had brought my kite.

Anyway, I now know where the club field is and, I plan to attend one day of the HeliFun event.

jrohland
Just got the kids to bed... and a minute to answer you back. Wow... talk about a die hard heli pilot I'm sorry I missed you!!

I wish I knew you were coming... I would have liked the chance to show you around. What did you think of the field?

At the ends of each of the covered pits, on both sides of the main pavilion... we are going to have the pilots setup their easyups - basically we will be continuing the easyups in a straight line down the flight line on each end of the pits. Should look pretty cool

The windsock was just put up a couple of weeks ago.

Did you see the new grass/ section down by the windsock? That is going to be the event area on the left... and we will also save part of it for those that want to camp at the event. It is perfect for camping... nice and level... and the grass is coming in nice and thick

PM me... and I will give you my cell #... in case you decide to drop by again. I will meet up with you next time.

Looking forward to the chance to meet you at HeliFun!!

Brent
Old 04-22-2008, 01:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is this event AMA Sanctioned???
joco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

It will be... but we don't have the paperwork back yet.

Our club's CD passed away recently... so we amended the application... and that slowed it down some.

I called today, and talked to the lady at the AMA in charge of sanctioning events - and she assures me we will have the sanctioning confirmation back before the event ("in the next couple of weeks").
Old 04-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok cool!! Just wanted to make sure you guys knew about doing that... having that extra insurance is not a bad thing!!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joco View Post
Ok cool!! Just wanted to make sure you guys knew about doing that... having that extra insurance is not a bad thing!!
I hear you on that

Some of the guys coming are "off the hook" pilots...it probably won't hurt to have the extra insurance

Actually your post reminded me to call and check to see where we were at on it... Thanks!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Sponsor

Hi Everyone,

We are proud to announce we have another Sponsor for HeliFun!!

Carrie with u-neak Designs has donated 3 Canopy Condoms for the Raffle.

She is spicing up her offer by adding in custom embroidery of the winning Pilot's name onto their Canopy Condom (gotta love that name).

Canopy Condoms are a handmade protective cover for your canopy. You can check them out at:

http://www.u-neakdesigns.com

"Thanks Carrie!!"

Brent
Old 04-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Everyone!!

If you are planning to stay at the Days Inn, this is a reminder to book your room before May 1st. The HeliFun $75.00 (double queen beds) group rate expires on the 1st.

The Days Inn will be raising the room rates to their Spring rates on the 1st, so the rates goes up significantly after the 1st.

Even if you are not sure you are going to make it to HeliFun, book a room now to hold the special HeliFun room rate of $75.00 a night (the Days Inn Manager actually suggested you do this).

They will not bill the card until you get there to check-in... and you have up to 72 hours (3 days) before the check-in to cancel.

I will post a reminder here 4 days prior to Friday the 16th, to help you remember to cancel... should you need to.

If you call, reference "HeliFun" to get the group rate.

Their phone number is: 410-228-4444

You can check them out at:

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/contr...9&brandInfo=DI

Thanks!

Brent
Old 04-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
HF Video Underlord

My HF Map location

making a reservation now, thanks for the update brent.

M3
Old 05-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Another New Sponsor

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on Castle Creations coming on board as a Sponsor.

They are donating a Phoenix HV-45 high voltage ESC for the raffle. (Thanks Joe!)

Check it out at:

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...hv_series.html

That puts the total for HeliFun raffle prizes just over $1650.00

Yeaaaa!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Camping

Hi Everyone,

Last Fall we added a 150' by 275' extension to the end of our field. We wanted to add a cross wind runway - running the opposite direction from the main runway. Basically... we made our field into an L shape on the end.

This new area of the field is nice and level - and the grass is coming in nice and thick. It is perfect for camping!!!

We are still going to park the RVs up along the tree line, on the very end of this new section, but rather than have the campers setup their tents in with the RVs, (in line with the tree line... like we originally planned)... we are going to put you right across from the RVs in this new grass. You will be more comfortable camping out on this new section... and the cool thing is you will still be "right there" with all staying overnight at the field.

The RVs will have a nice big grassy front yard, and the campers will too.

If I didn't live close - I would be tempted to pitch the big tent and stay over with you guys. It looks nice and cozy.

Brent
Old 05-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll need at least 45 feet HE HE HE!!!!!!!!
Ray
PS better be nice weather????? Or else
Old 05-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
HF Video Underlord

My HF Map location

getting close, I can sense the fun

M3
Old 05-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM 1.5 View Post
I'll need at least 45 feet HE HE HE!!!!!!!!
No Problem Ray - we have a great spot ready for you!!

Quote:
PS better be nice weather????? Or else
I called the Weather Gods - and told them you said "Or Else".... they promised nice weather.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Events Added

We have been getting asked for some Events at HeliFun... you got it!!

For those that want to just fly - we have a large open area off of one end of the field... so for the events we will only need to take 1 flight station off-line at the very end of the field. Lots of Pilots will be participating/ watching the events, so there should still be plenty of flight stations readily available for open flying during the events.

HeliFun Events:

SpotAuto - the Pilot who Autos down closest to the target on the ground... Wins. To make it more fair, Expert Class Pilots will be asked to auto down inverted.

HeliPickUp - An event designed for beginners and advanced alike. A 4" metal disk will be suspended 2 1/2' from the bottom of the skids. Drinking Straws with small magnets glued to the ends of them, will be vertical on the ground (using wooden skewers driven into the ground). The Pilot who gathers up the most magnets/ straws in 2 minutes... Wins.

HeliLimbo - Also designed for all skill levels. Basically you fly your 400/ 450 through 4 stations of two horizontally mounted light PVC pipes, 5' off of the ground - spaced at diminishing vertical heights apart (38"-34"-30"-26"). It is timed, and the pilot that makes it through (which is harder then it sounds) with the best time... Wins.

To win this... has some "Real" bragging rights!! Bring your 450s - this is going to be cool!! For a peak of what it is like, check out:

http://runryder.com/?v=/helicopter/r...acleCourse.wmv
Old 05-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AC power for the Pilots

A Member just offered to bring his Honda 5000kv generator to the event (thanks Jim!) - to be used specifically for proving AC power for charging batts, transmitters, etc.

We are putting together dedicated tables with power strips on them - which we will have locked up in the shed... so we can keep your stuff safe.

Another club member has volunteered to stick by the shed with the key (thanks David!), to get you in and out of it as you need to.

The guys in the club are so excited, they keep coming up with more ideas for the event.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a quick reminder to those that may have reserved a room to get the group rate and to hold it in case they were... or weren't sure they were going to make it - today is the day to cancel so you aren't charged... if you are not going to make it. I promised I would remind you here just in case anyone went that route.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Sponsor

Hi Everyone,

HeliProz is a new HeliFun Sponsor.

For the raffle, they have provided - a set of Mavrikk G4 620 carbon mains ($57.99), a set of Mavrikk 325 carbon mains ($34.99), a Mavrikk Pro Hex Driver Set 4 CNC handles, 8 Bits ($29.99), and a Mavrikk Pro Ball Link Sizing Tool ($10.99)

"Thanks Everyone at HeliProz!!"
(http://www.heliproz.com)

This brings the value of the raffle prizes to $1,955.00
Old 05-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey is someone going to be at the field Friday night to organize the chaos of camper parking? I'd hate to show up and park in the wrong spot.....
Old 05-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

No Problem... got you covered

We will actually be at the Field all day Friday setting up... and meeting and greeting everyone as they get there.

I know some guys are also planning on night flying. If anyone wants... feel free to use our Grills to cook on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in