Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Helimax fbl fp 100 questions

Hello, I am new to the R/C helicopter world and don't know too much about R/C helicopters. I had purchased a Heli-Max fbl fp 100 and noticed it vibrates really bad during its spool up. I dont have a local hobby shop nor do I know of anyone in my area who has or flies R/C helicopters. Everything is stock right out of the box. My question is, could a loose main rotor blade/blade grip cause these vibrations? I have tightened the screws on the blade grips to where if the heli is positioned on its side they stay straight until I shake it a little and they drop. Although after the first flight, which I thought was ok. One of the blades seems loose. I didn't crash the heli or cause one of the blades to hit anything. I'm afraid that if I tighten the grip to the blade any tighter, it may strip the grip. Also if there is anything else that anyone might know of why this is happening I'ed appreciate your comments and advice. Thanks for your help.
The Maker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2014, 06:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have a 100 FP, but I've had quite a few AXE 100 CPs and a 100 SS (and some 250s). If it vibrates, something is out of balance or bent. On a new RTF heli, I'd expect all to be good, but ...

If you stay with RC Helis, you will crash, and you will have to track down vibrations. Most likely your main blades are out of balance or main shaft is bent. I've had many sets of Heli-max 100 blades that were well balanced new, and a few that were not. Balancing these little blades can be difficult.

You should not have to tighten the main blades so much you are worried about stripping the screws. I like my pretty firm, but they have to be able to align themselves perfectly by centrifugal force.

I'm no expert, so others may know better, but what I would do is:
- Remove main blades. Spool up Heli watching the main rotor head. Does it stay perfectly in place (no wobble)? Will it spin all the way up smoothly? If not you have a bent main shaft or bent part issue most likely, you will have to track down. If it is smooth then
- check main blade balance. It is hard to find a blade balancer for blades this small. I stick a long small screw through both blade mount holes. Put a nut on it to hold the two blades together sticking straight out from one another. Then I put the tip of the screw into a small metal rod and hold the rod parallel to the ground. So screw with both blades attached is parallel to the ground, but can rotate freely in the tube, Blades stick out parallel on each side, so the heavier blade will drop down, and lift the lightener one on the other side. Add tape to the middle of the lighter blade until they balance perfectly (will stay parallel to the ground, without one wanting to "drop").

Hummm, the above may not be too clear, but there are many "how to balance rotor blades" online. You can probably easily find a better description.

Good luck with it.
CBR240 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in