Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano for indoors...

Does this thing really fly that much smaller when compared to the mcpx? I know it's smaller but it's not really that much smaller is it?
3din is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is categorically smaller..but for me it's the fact that the blades are much smaller/lighter with far less inertia, meaning significantly less probability of damage to the bird and to anything you're likely to hit when flying inside the average house
Rotorway 162f - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snVc3q-hBvU - MCPX V1 2BL HP08s/HP03t/xp12a/xp3a/550s/130x blades/larger canopy/stretched boom/RRC prop = AWESOME Hybrid CP X !! - Nano CPX 2BL Mild - Raptor 50 Nitro - Futaba FF9/Spektrum DM8 Tx
catpainkev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano for indoors...

I use to fly my mcpx indoors, but after flying the nano indoors every time I spin the mcpx up now I think I must be crazy.

There is a big difference, I would not dream of trying some of the things I do with the nano on the mcpx inside now!
Raddish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nano AKA: CP- MSR on a caffeine buzz.

Can't wait to get mine. It will look like a yellow natt after flying my 120sr in the house.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Check this:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=481746
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

nano is prob the best and most fun blade i've taken out of a box! i've taken a lot out!
never broke a single part till i started to work on 3d over a gym floor! even then i'm blown away at what it could take. the mcpx's chuck parts off like no other! even tip n over in grass. i probably spent more on kbdd mcpx landing gear than a nano cost! i thought the nano was frail looking. just had no idea how great this little thing was going to be!
audacity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacity View Post
nano is prob the best and most fun blade i've taken out of a box! i've taken a lot out!
never broke a single part till i started to work on 3d over a gym floor! even then i'm blown away at what it could take. the mcpx's chuck parts off like no other! even tip n over in grass. i probably spent more on kbdd mcpx landing gear than a nano cost! i thought the nano was frail looking. just had no idea how great this little thing was going to be!
+1 .....the little guy can take a beating for sure
Old 02-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
+1 .....the little guy can take a beating for sure
I have to wait till latter this week for mine. (ordered on Sat.) I hope its 1/2 as good as you both say. Living in Wisconsin and being in a wheelchair, winter outside flights are a no go. So all winter flying is in a 10 x 12 living room with 8' ceiling. MSR buzz's around great, 120sr is tight but lot of fun also. Looking forward to the Nano and ripping around like the MSR plus work on 3D.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I concur with the above on the Nano's abilities to fly small but it can be very nimble too doing maneuvers. I fly it back and fourth between the living room and the dining room in my house with great success and my living room is not that big at all with similar dimensions as yours. I can keep the Nano hovering and making small maneuvers in an area less than 2'x2'. It really is a great CP heli that I've enjoyed while not having the space for the 130x, my BL modded mCP-x and the new mCP-x BL.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

All the above. But the stock motor's lifespan

Still even that considered, I think it's a fantastic heli. Probably the best Blade, maybe. Only let down is those motors I think.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Nano is the best indoor heli IMHO, for a small space.

It behaves more like a 130x: stable, predictable. Its light weight equals little or no damage to the heli or anything it hits ... hit TH and it floats down. Unless of course you want to fly it like you're in a big space, doing 3d and stunts. If you're whipping it around in a small space, like a family room, and hit a wall at full speed, you're going to have some nano repairs to do.

The only negative is that the nano is light enough to get pushed around by moving air, like heating ducts and exchanges. And it can get sucked into vortexes created by its own wash if you get too close to a wall, ceiling, etc.

The mcpx also flys well, but it is faster. In a small space, if the mcpx gets away from you, you have a few less seconds to correct than with a nano. In that second or two, because it is moving that much faster, there is more potential to hit something. Even if you hit TH, the mcpx's speed means it's not going to just float down. And its heavier. All that means more potential crash damage, to the mcpx and what ever it hits. As far as damage, the tail boom is particularly sensitive, but a solid CF boom can fix that.

On the other hand, with higher head speed, my mcpx seems less effected by heat ducts and vortexes.

Between the two, I fly the nano indoors, and outdoors the 130x (yard) or 450x (field). My mcpx gets no flying time these days: heli without a role.
nebeginner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

u start bang n that nano around inside and you can fly any copter with ease outside!
audacity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 05:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebeginner View Post
It behaves more like a 130x: stable, predictable.

Between the two, I fly the nano indoors, and outdoors the 130x (yard) or 450x (field).
I must need to do some work on my nano coz I can flip the 130 reasonably well, the nano is much twitchier in my hands at least. I have a 450X as well and fly it round the footy field.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in