Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default VBar 6.1 & NEO Autorotation Bailout

Ok, so I'm just about done setting up my Neo and VBar Control.

Went through all the steps and looks like even rescue should work (although on the bench when I hit the switch it says "Rescue Mode on" and then "Rescue completed" without me touching anything).

That may be normal on the bench though.

My REAL question is what happened to my autorotation bail-out? It actually seems to be working, but I never came across the setup screen on the VBar Control.

Like my previous setup on the DX7 (had normal mode throttle at 40% which was what I would switch to for an auto), I set position 1- 720, 2- 1650, 3- 1800 on the VBC.

When I would switch from 2 to 1 and then back to 2 (simulating an auto bailout), it seemed to work like it should.

Just thought I'd see more of a setup screen or at least a checkbox to enable/disable it.
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2015, 05:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Rescue always completes without you touching anything. Pretty sure I mentioned that in another thread - it doesn't sit all day waiting for you to take back over. It does its thing and expects you to grab the sticks once it does.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
It actually seems to be working, but I never came across the setup screen on the VBar Control.
There's nothing to set up. You're using VBar governor so the radio has AR bailout configured by default.

If you want to make changes to it, you can access the governor expert screen where you can adjust the value of AR Idle. That's basically the extent of the adjustments.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks!

Although you may have said that in another thread, I don't recall reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
Rescue always completes without you touching anything. Pretty sure I mentioned that in another thread - it doesn't sit all day waiting for you to take back over. It does its thing and expects you to grab the sticks once it does.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shawn,

I have made a discovery (I think).

Coming from my previous radio I had it set so that the Normal mode position of my idle-up switch was a flat curve of 40% in order to do an auto-rotation bailout. IU-2 was 1700 and IU-3 was 1900

When setting this up on the VBC, position A (set at 720HS), the bailout seemed to take a long time to ramp back up to 1700. More like 6-10 seconds where it used to be 3-5 seconds. In addition, the HS only goes down to about 800.

Through playing with the switches, my 3 position top switch is assigned as "Motor Off/ Idle/Run" when looking at the VBC display, when I switch in to the middle position (while the heli is running) it says "Auto" instead of "Run" and I'm thinking that means "Auto-Rotate"???

Using this switch assigned to Motor/Idle/Run seems to not only go down to my requested HS of 720, it spools back up to 1700ish (It's set for 1800) very fast (about 3-5 seconds just like it used to).

So, I assume this is the switch/condition that I should use for auto-rotation bail-out instead of the switch I assigned for Banks 0, 1, 2 that I thought I should use.

Am I correct?
Old 06-04-2015, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes. This is covered in the manual I believe, but just to confirm - Auto Bailout is controlled by the motor switch, not by the bank switch.

For electric helis, "Motor Idle" on VControl is in fact auto bailout. On a glow heli it would actually be motor idle, which is also what you'd use for an auto so you could bail out (rather than motor off.)

It's helpful with VControl to try to forget everything you learned about how radios talk to FBL units. VControl is different - it just does what it says it does, no ceremony.

One thing you can adjust with Motor Idle is the AR Idle value. This controls the amount of power that is sent to the motor during an auto rotation. VBar uses this to avoid fast starting a motor from a dead stop as that can be quite hard on the electronics.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
closed

hi,

i have a few questions, please:

1) is auto-rotation bailout mandatory on vcontrol? don't you have to say that you want it? vcontrol will always provide it whenever you want or not?

2) http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1539 explains how to set up the CC edge ESC for vbars. it says we should leave "auto-rotation enable" always unchecked. what would happen if i chose to select auto-rotation on castle?

thanks.
hilarious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2015, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilarious View Post
1) is auto-rotation bailout mandatory on vcontrol? don't you have to say that you want it? vcontrol will always provide it whenever you want or not?
Auto bailout will always be enabled in VControl, however by adjusting the Idle throttle output you can effectively disable it. Many people who don't bother to go through the step of calibrating it against their ESC don't have a functioning auto bailout, though they may not realize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilarious View Post
2) http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1539 explains how to set up the CC edge ESC for vbars. it says we should leave "auto-rotation enable" always unchecked. what would happen if i chose to select auto-rotation on castle?
If you're using the VBar governor then there would be no reason* to do that. The effect of turning it on is that it wouldn't work correctly, you'll get weird interactions between the governor and ESC that are difficult to resolve.

* One exception: if your desire is to use auto bailout without motor idling. In that case it can be done but the setup process is convoluted. Here is a step-by-step for configuring it that way in a normal VBar - I have not tried to translate the process for VControl, though I'm sure it's possible:
http://www.rchelination.com/vbar-gov...bailout-setup/
Old 12-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
closed

thanks.
it isn't me who is interested in this configuration. it is a friend. the procedure described in rchelination is not difficult, but tricky. i wonder how the poster got to that.
thanks again.
hilarious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in