Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2015, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AR7210BX with self level!!

BeastX Plus gets the Spektrum treatment....

Wonder if the upgrade will also be 99 euros?

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ID=SPMAR7210BX
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2015, 11:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet!
Gyropilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The upgrade to safe seems to be extra, I get a feeling that the 270 cox is going to sell very well :-)
Old 09-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah. Either they are giving a good deal on the software upgrade by "including " it in the price of the heli or the software upgrade is just a bit of a cash grab. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely want to pay for features. But 100 euros is about 150 Canadian and puts the total cost of an ar7210bx at close to 400. I have a beastx plus with the upgrade and I like it. If it was around the cost of an ikon I would have bought 2 by now. But at this price point I have to look elsewhere.

Still... getting a new version of my old beat to death 300x might be the way to go if I want an ar7210bx with "safe"
Old 09-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Red face Pay Now Pay Later

One 450 crash and you pay for the upgrade.

For me I regard a $100 450 crash as cheep.

I haven't been able to confirm:

Optional SAFE® software and firmware updates can be uploaded with the Tx. SAFE software sold separately.
but
I will upgrade to Panic Recovery mode if I can instantly recover the heli to a level attitude.

What would be real real nice if Markus Schaack (BeastX Ex) would provide a firmware update to Panic Recovery mode for all my older BeastX stuff.

Face the Facts

They got ya by the Genitalia

Last edited by DPW; 09-08-2015 at 10:43 AM..
DPW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2015, 10:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's not guarantee rescue will save you from a crash, but I agree that it's a feature worth paying for. I'm just saying that I personally think that 100 Euros is a bit too much. If they had made it 50 I would have bought another beast x pro rather than an Ikon. It's just a personal choice, no big deal.

They do not, however, "got me by the Genitalia". I simply choose to spend my money elsewhere which is really the point. I really like the BeastX plus but the price made me try out an Ikon...

We'll see what happens in the future, maybe they will lower the price a little after the development has been paid for a bit.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipweed View Post
Face the Facts

They got ya by the Genitalia
Not at all. There is the Spirit or Neuron with the same or better functionality, but for a lot less cash.

If everyone did the sensible thing and refused to be blackmailed into paying piles of cash to turn back on deliberately disabled features then the likes of BeastX, Spektrum and Mikado would have to stop ripping us off. It's not like there is no choice.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ar7210Bx price in AU

http://www.modelflight.com.au/radios...-receiver.html
Optional SAFE® software and firmware updates can be uploaded with the Spektrum USB programmer (SPMA3030). Both the SAFE software and programmer are sold separately

Ouch! $399AU + SAFE +USB
Old 09-09-2015, 06:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by night wolf d View Post
Ouch! $399AU + SAFE +USB
Ouch! is the word. Compare that to the new Spirit Pro which is a better featured unit that comes with rescue and all other features available out of the box (and comes supplied with a USB lead). The Spirit Pro costs $224 US / $324 AU

The only advantage of the AR7210BX over the Spirit (for Spektrum users) is that it comes with built in DSMX receiver, but receivers can be had cheap so that doesn't even come close to bridging the price gap.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spirit Pro

Extremely tempted to preorder a Spirit Pro
AU$ Exchange rate
Old 09-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Red face Other Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
The only advantage of the AR7210BX over the Spirit (for Spektrum users) is that it comes with built in DSMX receiver.
AR7210BX is much much more than self level self level & built in Rx

Neatest trick is the radio connection (Dx6 Dx7 Dx7s Dx8 Dx9 Dx18).

No cables no usb no laptop to drag to the field to change parameters its now all done by your radio! Is it going to be on the fly? Im not sure.

I have 4 advanced gyros with boxes and plugs and leads and laptop programs to modify/tune settings that are a pain in the Derričre to fix in the field.

What other neat tricks are in the AR7210BX? I dont know manual hasnt come out yet. I cant even get a firm $ ($219.99) or if there is a $ for Panic Recovery mode features.

Its just to soon to know anything about the AR7210BX .

Last edited by DPW; 09-10-2015 at 06:32 AM..
DPW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually it says right on the page that "safe" is a paid upgrade. We know a lot about it because it is simply a beastx plus with an rx built in. The beastx plus upgrade to the pro software (which is what Safe is) is 99 euros so I assume the ar7210bx upgrade will be the same (if not they should lower the price of the beastx upgrade to match).

Having said all that, there is rescue mode, trainer mode and "3d rescue" mode which will do auto leveling inverted if that is the closest to level.

It does work very well. But is it worth almost twice the cost of an ikon?

If the beastx plus pro was 250 US I would have bought a second one rather than an ikon. Blue tooth is great to setup at the field but I like the beastx even more. Just take your quick reference card and your set.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

As long as the weather holds out tomorrow I will be test flying the AR7210BX with bailout. Here it is installed and ready in my Chronos.

This unit was won at IRCHA by some fortunate person who kindly donated it to a raffle at heli fun fly I attended last week. I didn't win it, but my buddy who did, flies vortex and vbar. So since my Chronos already had an AR7200BX on it, he thought it would be nice to swap it out with this one and get a good comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0102(2).jpg
Views:	1539
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	608220   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0107.jpg
Views:	1875
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	608221   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.jpg
Views:	1499
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	608222  
KenM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did they say for sure it had the auto level upgrade, or are you talking about autorotation bail out? I'm sure it will fly just like the beastx plus which is very good. The original beastx/ar7200bx flies better than I can so going to the plus/ar7210 I didn't notice much difference. I have an ikon I'm about to try out. See if I can feel any difference.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Red face Radio Setup

Spektrum Tx
Once bound was there any indication that you could program/setup the AR7210BX w self level with the radio?
Old 09-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes it is the full unit with self level bailout. It flies different then the original AR7200bx. I set it up with 3d bailout with collective pitch. Testing went good today and the system performed very well.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I needed a unit for my x3 and didn't want to pay the higher price tag for the full beastx plus and the upgrade so I bought the ikon to try out. I haven't flown it yet but I can tell already that I would rather have the beastx rescue than the ikon rescue. No pitch control on the ikon and you can't auto level to inverted. I have a feeling if I'm ever too low and inverted and need the rescue I may plow it in. I have the BX plus pro on my 600 and when you rescue it goes level and UP. no matter what you are doing on collective. It's a very nice rescue mode.

I haven't tried the center stick mode, where you can auto level only when the stick is close to center. I wanted to try that for learning piro flips but (and this is my only complaint other than price) you can't be in center stick mode and still use rescue. It can only do 1 attitude control mode at a time. You can turn that mode on and off, but you can't switch between modes. So if you where using training mode, you can't make it switch to rescue with pitch control.

If they could fix that in software and lower the cost of the upgrade, even a little, I would go beastx 100 percent.

Oh well, I'm sure the ikon will fly well, a lot of people like them and it will live on the x3 for a while I'm sure. But I think I'll save up for a while and get the BX pro for my gaui X480.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any updates?
Old 09-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Red face Nada, zip, zero, zilch, diddly, nix NOTHING

Even
270 CFX BNF Basic (BLH4850) $479.99
Has
Spektrum™ AR7210BX receiver with BeastX® flybarless technology
and
You can download the manual but there is nothing on radio programming the AR7210BX receiver.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a preliminary manual that came with my unit. The programming isn't much different.

I've switched to Bailout Rescue with Pitch rather then 3D-Mode with Pitch. There are 4 safe options to choose.

The unit itself flies a bit different...Better then the old unit. Tail is great although I never had problems in the first place. My only change is dial 3 can be turned up more.

The bailout rescue with pitch works really well. It takes getting used to. For instance, vbar seems to flip and roll to upright all in one step where the 7210 levels to inverted and then rolled to upright. It still occurred very fast, but it distinctly went to an inverted hover first then rolled level.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll do my best to answer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in