Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default why does a gyro need to know about receiver type?

why does the HG-5000/LT-2100 need to know the receiver type? Even
if it needs to know the receiver type, how does it find out just from seeing
the pulses from channels 4 and 5?

I've had used a LT-2100 for a couple of years on a trex that have gone through several
types of 72MHz receivers as well as a couple spektrum receivers. I've
never did the receiver type setting but never noticed any differences when
switching receivers.

thanks
mayday1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe it can find out by the frame rate of the pulses. So one manufacture will send out the pulse for say channel 4 at a faster rate than another manufacture. The gyro's algorithm probably prefers to know when to expect the next pulse for the channel in order to predict how much it will need to correct for.

widower is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope, Rxes send out the pulses as it gets them for the Tx.

Now, some Rxes do have a different 0 to 1 signal voltage, and the gyro would need to know that in some cases.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 07:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The Align GP750 has a setting for "normal" 1520uS or "fast" 760uS pulse timing. That's the time width of a "middle" position pulse. Most TX/RX will follow the normal, but I think we'll be seeing more and more of the faster pulse widths and less gap between pulses. The Futaba GY601 and GY611 gyros, S9256 and BLS251 servos are some examples of tail systems that expect the new fast pulse standard. I expect radios will follow suit and the whole system will be running faster.
halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is for the SERVO, not the Rx.

The servo uses either a 1500us or 760us or a couple of other choices for what is center. Same with pulse rate, the gyro can do 50 Hertz or up to 330 Hertz with some servos.

The Rx still works at around 50 Hertz update rate, as that is what the Tx sends.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Old 07-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Nope, Rxes send out the pulses as it gets them for the Tx.
That's not exactly true with today's 2.4G rxs. Otherwise, we would not have available features such as servo sync.

The logitech gyro is trying to detect the true center for the rudder channel which can be different depending on what radio gear you are using. For example, Futaba outputs a 1.52ms pulse for center where JR outputs a 1.50ms pulse.

I expect that if you look at the frame rate and dead band between channel pulses of different radio systems, you could probably determine the manufacture (unless it's an old radio system that often used a device by Signetics).

widower is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, not EXACTLY when it gets them, but no faster than the Tx sends them.

And with the DX7 SE, some channels are only sent every other frame.

But you are still limited to a maximum of the Tx frame rate, which for most Txes is 50 Hertz.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in