Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Well I have not seen any issues with quality of parts on my 600e at all! In fact I think the machining quality is very good! The only thing I can gripe about right now is the screw size (or hardness) that holds the balls on the metal head parts. In a crash sometimes they sheer off and unless you can get them out you have to buy a new metal part (mixer arm, swash, or whatever the screw broke off on). But hey... thats a crash! Sometimes stuff breaks you never expect to.....
Other than that the quality and design of this heli is right there with any 600 / 50 sized heli I have built!

Bob
Unfortunately I have had two quality issues with my knight... of course that is about 100 less than my Rex's but first off, I had one of the screw holes in my washout base strip out, there goest $15 and then one of the metal frame spacers was not tapped all the way... but that's it! Overall pretty happy with this heli!
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2008, 03:25 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Bob, now that Compass has the new flybarless head parts available for the 600e is there any chance you'll add it to this build?
RMG2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 04:24 AM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are they available yet...where?

Trex 700CF, OS 91HZ, JR8717's, Rondo fbl/JR8900G, Switchglo, AR7100R
growler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Are they available yet...where?
I would bet they are available to Bob now for an addendum to his build as they are being shown packaged and about ready for market. You know Bob gets all the good stuff before the rest of us!

http://www.compassmodel.com/main.html
RMG2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have well over 150 flights on my Knight 600e on 8s. It's been a blast to fly and VERY problem free! I've had less problems with it than any heli I've owned. Seriously.... just charge and fly repeat as needed.

The only thing I could call a problem was the stock dampeners didn't last past 20 flights. Now using green KBDD.

Noticed my motor is getting very weak and I'm sure that's due to 105F ambient temps here in Texas. The motor has been abused quite a bit and has been so hot you can't touch it. I really like the stock motor, but it's time to replace it with a Scorpion 4025-740.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:36 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I do have to say the Scorp 4025-740 ROCKS in the 600E. I've flown my 600E with the stock and the scorp and there is a difference. I did actually snap the motor shaft on the scorp and had to go back to the stock motor for a while. I do have to say, I didn't waste any time fixing the Scorpion 4025-740.

One of my packs is a Hyperion G3 4200 8S VX and when I fly that pack at 1900 HS it is quite scary.

Jeremy is right, I do very little maintenance on this heli.

Now for the odd news. As much as I enjoy this heli, I'm always nervous flying it. I have dirt napped it once flying too low. I seem to have more fun flying my Trex 250. I guess I'm just a sap. I can do inverted hurricanes and hover 2 feet off the ground with my 250. Do FFF backwards flight. But I just can't do that on my 600E. Drives me crazy!
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #127 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

It's called crash cost syndrome and even I have it. Bigger helis crash more expensively. It's not just a Compass 600E thing. It a big heli crash cost thing... Everyone likes to have a beater heli they can take risks with and fly the snot out of. Yours seems to be the 250. Mine is a 450... When I fly my bigger helis I still have fun but I don't push it as hard as I don't want to taco it I honestly don't care if a taco a 450!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
It's called crash cost syndrome and even I have it. Bigger helis crash more expensively. It's not just a Compass 600E thing. It a big heli crash cost thing... Everyone likes to have a beater heli they can take risks with and fly the snot out of. Yours seems to be the 250. Mine is a 450... When I fly my bigger helis I still have fun but I don't push it as hard as I don't want to taco it I honestly don't care if a taco a 450!

Bob
Well said.

The only thing is after I fly a 600 heli and pick up the 450 I feel a bit disappointed not having the visibility and loud blade farts.

Then I fly the 550 or 600 and feel like
Old 03-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmmm I remember you posting something about that in another thread about this syndrome .

You might not look cool flying a smaller heli but you are not stressing and shaking the whole time. As much as I like the 250 I'm putting a 450 pro together. I'm hoping the 450 pro will be easier to do inverted circuits. I can do them on the 250 but it's hard to do slow controlled inverted circuits. It just wants to GO!
Old 03-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are parts still going to be available for this thing now that Compass is bring out the 6HV?
TotalNewbie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Parts for the 600E will be available for a long time to come. At least that is what I've heard from Compass. I have no issues getting parts for my 600E. Yes I can't go do the LHS and get parts but amainhobbies always gets my parts very quickly.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear. Thanks.
TotalNewbie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #133 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalNewbie View Post
Are parts still going to be available for this thing now that Compass is bring out the 6HV?
Many of the parts of the 600E are the same as the 6HV and 3Dplus eg shaft tail & boom and the head aside from the metal blade grips - only real differences are the frams and frame spacers and I'm sure there will be plenty of these around for ages - they're certainly still listed on the COmpass parts available list

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in