Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I begIn to learn flying the V120D02, I crash 5 pair of stock blade, so I put on the carbon fibre blade, it tare off tree set of the swash plate, it is a painful lesson, so I dare not put on wood or carbon fibre blade till today, hehe..
firth1977 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by firth1977 View Post
When I begIn to learn flying the V120D02, I crash 5 pair of stock blade, so I put on the carbon fibre blade, it tare off tree set of the swash plate, it is a painful lesson, so I dare not put on wood or carbon fibre blade till today, hehe..

Fly over long grass, remember to hit TH before you hit the grass.
TBS Discovery FPV
dna001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

sure find the vids informative looking forward to more
tarus64 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Hi Bob, Hope you and your Dad are alright.

Hi Bob,

Like the others I miss your input. But then I know how life events can be troublesome.
I for one wish you and your Father well, and I hope your situation and his are improving.
At any rate, thanks for all you have done already.

Best wishes.

Clark
driftair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftair View Post
Hi Bob,

Like the others I miss your input. But then I know how life events can be troublesome.
I for one wish you and your Father well, and I hope your situation and his are improving.
At any rate, thanks for all you have done already.

Best wishes.

Clark
+ 1 !!!!
gelatmi1 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by firth1977 View Post
My first 6ch heli was a walkera v120d05, I bought it two years ago. At the first 3 months was just crashes (at least 20 crashes) and only damage I had was 2 servos and some foam blades.... (servos just stop working, none of them was after a crash)

Wood or carbon fiber blades are good and beautiful, but will destroy or bend a lot of stuff in a crash event.

My secret to crash so many times and dont destroy my bird? Throttle cut and fly over the grass. Theses little birds can handle some punches with foam blades and grass

This year I bought a v120d02s. The 6 axis gyro works very in different way than my v120d05. While my old one keep the bank angle when the aileron stick returns to the center giving me a nice and smooth turn, I have a feeling the 6axis dont. Maybe I am wrong but what I saw, when i put aileron to the center in a middle of a banked turn, the v120d02s somehow self level itself.... it is a strange feeling. Maybe my gains are too high.

It is more nervous than my older one and can handle a lot of wind!!!! It is incredible how it perform over gusts....

here goes a small video of my first flips. Look how much wind the green bug was dealing with..

Cheerz!!!
w4llet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in