Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #521 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

There should be rubber grommets to go into the holes of the canopy. So your missing them and you do need them.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #522 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think he means the spacers like on the Nitro on the front of the frame to hold the canopy out. The electrics don't come with those.
MAAC#78357 IRCHA#3269
AlignT-Rex 450 SE V3 2221-8/ Align T-Rex 600N,OS55HZ /
Align T-Rex 600E 12S A123's / Align T-Rex 700N YS91SR/
Bergen Intrepid EB Zenoha 260/
terrybeb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #523 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks Bob and Terrybeb for your response.
Yes I have the grommets ok but was a bit worried about the bits they call the canopy support on the 500.
Your reply confirms the instruction manual that they don't come with the 600.
Canopy still seems a bit wobbly though.
I suppose it must be ok though.
Cloud 9
Cloud 9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #524 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati996 View Post
Hello Bob and all other Helifreaks:

I have a new 600ESP, I have built other Helicopters (Nitro) but this is the first 600E. In order to get the Seesaw arms parallel and the Washout arms parallel I had to shorten the link rods around 3-4 mm. Usually Align meassuments are very close to what they need to be, is this normal? I notice that SHAUN ask the same questions but I could not find an answer. I do have 0 pitch at 50% and the arms are parallel.

Please let me know,

I had to do the same on my esp600 to get everything level as per Bobs Vids. I was a bit concerned because of the difference as per instructions, but she flys great.
Cheers
Steve
Alloybender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 05:28 AM   #525 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Yes, the ESP is different because of the A-Arm on the elevator.

Have a look at this link.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=121269

This is what I did to level everything out.

I can now get +/- 10 degrees and the cyclic is set at 7 degrees.

Cheers,
Col.
bald_noggin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 07:58 AM   #526 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Frank... seeing how you have built in the past I am sure it is sloppy.... You want to get in the air fast and dont care about a QUALITY build.... Seen your work before...

If you lockout this weekend I will be sure to have my camera!

I bet I will not approve of your wiring job, etc but we shall see...

One day when you grow out of puberty you will appreciate spending time building a GOOD heli...

Of course I am picking on you ya know

Bob
Hey Good Morning. After I crashed my Trex600E, I don't have the soft start up on the heli. I barely touch the throttle and it kicks over REALLY hard!!! How do I go into the programming to set up the esc to put it on soft start? Thanks for your help!!!! I know nothing about how to program the esc!!!
ERIK32017TX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #527 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Programming the ESC on a Trex 600E

I crashed my Trex600E, and since then, I don't have a soft start. I am not sure how exactly crashing it could cause that to stop working, but it's not working for sure. How can I reprogram or check the current program in the ESC so I can give my Heli a soft start again. I know nothing about how to program the ESC for this thing!!!!
Thanks,

Erik
ERIK32017TX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #528 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ..

Try here

http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...=esc_setup.wmv

SAB GOBLIN 570 SPORT
justabigham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 07:11 AM   #529 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob, is this the best build video to use for the newer models like the KX016014
your vid's are much easier to follow than the manual. thanks for the heads up
and keep up the great work!!! on another note what part of the US are you in
John...
johnj55 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #530 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yes and this video will work for about 95% of the new kits. Be aware that head geometry and swash have changed so what I state for link lengths is different. Follow the manual for those.

Bob
Old 06-08-2011, 04:38 AM   #531 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 2011 trex 600e flybarless

Hey Bob , Just wondering if you have , or going to do a video on the new trex 600e flybarless heli for 2011
I have a trex 600 e flybar heli ,( the first 1 i have ever owned ) which i used your videos to build it , perfect unreal thank you
Am thinking of going flybarless and would love some pointers , as i'm still kind off new to it all .

Thanks Russell..............
Frig-N-Ace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2011, 05:45 AM   #532 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah like wise, I really hope he is going too
Just picked mine up yesterday, would love a few tips.
Xcesive8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #533 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Alas for some reason Align doesn't ask me to do videos anymore and I just cant afford to buy every heli out there. Heck the Trex450 Pro a hobby shop supplied that one not Align. They did not even ask about the 550 either. I would have loved to do a Trex700E build (and have been asked about it many times) and I see the new 600 looks pretty nice. Again I would do them no problem but I just cant afford to buy them all myself.

It's funny though. I do feel I played a TINY (OK minuscule) part in Align's success. I helped a lot of people in the early days with my videos be successful with Align helis. I also know many that just enjoy the videos regardless. I am surprised they have not asked me since the 450 Pro came out to do videos. I guess they do not feel with the business they now have it is needed anymore. Thats OK. I do what I can afford or what other companies would like me to do if offered. Align is not everything out there you know and after all I have build and flown, the market is full of great helis now!

But, I guess the economy keeps things like this from happening anymore..... Thats fine I am enjoying a little break anyway even though I know many users are not because of the daily PM's or posts I get asking me about build vids.

Sorry,
Bob
Old 06-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #534 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah i think thats a great shame.
Your videos gave people like me who are just starting out the confidence to take on one of these builds.

Everyone ive met saids to build your own, dont buy one already done as you fail to learn how everything works and is put back together etc.
But the big problem is that even though almost everyone can follow the align manuel, noobs like me dont pick up on incorrect link lengths like theres talk about.
Im sure theres other mistakes in this align manuel as well, not that ill find

Align SEND BOB A BIRD PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Xcesive8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #535 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Alas for some reason Align doesn't ask me to do videos anymore and I just cant afford to buy every heli out there. Heck the Trex450 Pro a hobby shop supplied that one not Align. They did not even ask about the 550 either. I would have loved to do a Trex700E build (and have been asked about it many times) and I see the new 600 looks pretty nice. Again I would do them no problem but I just cant afford to buy them all myself.

It's funny though. I do feel I played a TINY (OK minuscule) part in Align's success. I helped a lot of people in the early days with my videos be successful with Align helis. I also know many that just enjoy the videos regardless. I am surprised they have not asked me since the 450 Pro came out to do videos. I guess they do not feel with the business they now have it is needed anymore. Thats OK. I do what I can afford or what other companies would like me to do if offered. Align is not everything out there you know and after all I have build and flown, the market is full of great helis now!

But, I guess the economy keeps things like this from happening anymore..... Thats fine I am enjoying a little break anyway even though I know many users are not because of the daily PM's or posts I get asking me about build vids.

Sorry,
Bob
+1
MAAC#78357 IRCHA#3269
AlignT-Rex 450 SE V3 2221-8/ Align T-Rex 600N,OS55HZ /
Align T-Rex 600E 12S A123's / Align T-Rex 700N YS91SR/
Bergen Intrepid EB Zenoha 260/
terrybeb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 06:39 AM   #536 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree - Align - Send Bob one of each new heli you make!

Bob, you were a big part of the reason my first build's were sucessful. If the OEM's don't want to publish their own videos, one free kit seems like an unbelievably small price to pay to have someone else do it. It seems shocking to me that they don't realize the value (and additional sales) that these video represent. I would think you would have OEM's lined up and begging you to make a video of their kit next!

For all of the past videos, and future one's
Old 06-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #537 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob - Its a real shame I could have used your help to build my 600E FL, particularly with the electronics! Your videos were a fantastic help with my 600N FL. Its really interesting to see the differences between the two as the design and technology moves forward. If you get a chance have a look at the the new FL head design and the new tail, very cool.

Thanks for all of your help, keep going!
Nicks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #538 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just went to the Align website and emailed them. I'm sure it will go into some dark hole never to be seen again, but I thought I would at least give it a shot. I pointed out that all of us benefit from Bob's work and asked would they consider supplying him with some of the newer models.

Of course, now that I think about maybe I should have asked them to send me free helicopters instead!

Helis I've had: Trex 500, Compass 500, MCPX, Nano CPX
bstanley72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #539 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey bob where is the rc controller in the box do we have to buy separately
siddharth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2011, 01:23 AM   #540 (permalink)
Registered Users

where is the controller of trex 600 nitro helicopter in the box do we have to buy it separately
siddharth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in