Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

hmmm - I'm thinking it's a blatant copy and as already stated that V1 got "lifted" somehow..

As to them "working" on updates - hmmm, that probably means working on "lifting" - lol

They have cleverly planted the seeds of "do not" firmware update this... but I'm thinking there is a very good chance the firmware will work - given that the usb protocol has already been confirmed as the same seeing the micro defs software reads the settings.. just was never around for V1 to work fully...

So if it's a lifted v1 and if it's identical hardware and if the usb works - hmmm, maybe the firmware updates work too...

anyone with money to burn game to try ? or 2 of them wiling to loose one ?

It seems for some reason they don't want firmware updates - maybe to "lay low" on the copyright fringe ? unsure... or maybe they are right, it will brick it...

What do the rest of you think?

As to all the "testing" being done and questions being asked... hmmm, I'm wondering why so many are doing this.. it's obviously a V1 beastx firmware copy - so it's going to work just like the original Beastx did and there are plenty of vids and documented stuff on that in the beastx threads... ??? If you are wondering about any functionality - just refer to beastx V1 manual for answers.

Yes - beastx V1 did have some minor issues - but also flew very well as it's what gave beastx it's reputation in the first place.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MICROBEAST_PV_ENG.pdf (1.68 MB, 234 views)
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry i was talking about pirouette optimization..... i saw this unit to sell on ebay and was published a pdf manual.
it looks like a light version of microbeast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
w4llet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Be advised the Micro Beast updates will not..REPEAT WILL NOT work with the HobbyMate unit.

nightflyr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

What ever you guys do don't use the sticky pad that comes with this unit, one side of the pad came unstuck from the heli which I understood because there wasn't much contact being made so I superglued the pad to the frame and flew it again and this time the sticky came off between the pad and the unit so if you get this, and I recommend it because I have been enjoying flying with it, don't use the pad get some 3M VHB's or something similar and save yourself some trouble.
3DX450A, 3000kv Scorpion, Castle ICE 50, HS-5065MG swash, Spartan Quark, Futaba S9257, Hyperion 3s 2500mAH, AR6200, DX6i, Align flybarless DFC/Tarot 2 blade tail, or CopterX 4blade/Heliartist 3 blade raised tail, Rotor Tech Carbons.
koenigsegg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Be advised the Micro Beast updates will not..REPEAT WILL NOT work with the HobbyMate unit.
If the update does not work on this unit, have any of you tried reflash it with a MB V1 firmware?
MTDV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #46 (permalink)

Default Hb800 new

I guess I will give it a try and install in my 300.
Steve

Last edited by Stevemech; 07-12-2012 at 12:22 PM..
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got one of these just to use as a tail gyro for now. I have the fbl head ready to install, but wanted to test it out first.
Paired with my jr 3500 tail servo. WOW! This thing is as good as my quark. Tail holds perfectly.

Brand new for $60? Yeah, even if your still flying flybarred, this thing is awesome!
mCP X ||| mCP X BL ||| 130X ||| 250 FBL ||| 250 FBL #2 ||| 450 Sport V2 FBL ||| 450 Pro FBL ||| X5 ||| DX6i
Airman0386 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still waiting for mine but I don't expect anything but "awesome" as it is after all, basically a beastx..

The only things that are going to let this gyro down at all are a lack of firmware updates and/or any lack of workmanship..
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
Old 07-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
Still waiting for mine but I don't expect anything but "awesome" as it is after all, basically a beastx..

The only things that are going to let this gyro down at all are a lack of firmware updates and/or any lack of workmanship..
Hi, I am still trying to make up my mind on a FBL control unit. I keep hearing of firmware updates on the beastx, what are these updates and what do the do? Thanks WS
Wind Spirit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Where do buy Hobbymate FBL unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pani View Post
Where can someone buy one of these units?
You buy it on Ebay.
WayneClay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #51 (permalink)
Fear the Spork!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneClay View Post
You buy it on Ebay.
You can also get it here.

http://www.hobbycool.com/hobbymate-f...ers-p-715.html
Old 07-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

If it's good, there is no need to update, and it is same with the Spektrum/Beastx combo unit. However, I've been coding for 20 plus years, and I know that there are always bugs.

I agree that its thin plastic decal would not last long on the nitro.
MTDV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Hi, I am still trying to make up my mind on a FBL control unit. I keep hearing of firmware updates on the beastx, what are these updates and what do the do? Thanks WS
Firmware is the software inside the unit... updates allow for improvements in the performance of the unit or for the correction of "problems" with the units.

If a device allows firmware updates, it's a good thing as it means it can be improved on in the future without buying a new unit or it can have any inadvertant issues rectified without returning it or buying a newer version.

Beastx is up to V3 now so over the last few years they have continually made improvements on their unit by improving the software in it. This is not to say that V1 was bad.. it's just that V3 has improved on it and added new features that were not in V1.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Firmware is the software inside the unit... updates allow for improvements in the performance of the unit or for the correction of "problems" with the units.

If a device allows firmware updates, it's a good thing as it means it can be improved on in the future without buying a new unit or it can have any inadvertant issues rectified without returning it or buying a newer version.

Beastx is up to V3 now so over the last few years they have continually made improvements on their unit by improving the software in it. This is not to say that V1 was bad.. it's just that V3 has improved on it and added new features that were not in V1.
Thanks for the info. How do you tell if you are getting the v3? I have not noticed the V3 part ,only beastx.WS
Wind Spirit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'll only know you're getting beastx V3 if you purchased it that way (ie: new purchase) and written on the box.. or if 2nd hand the seller tells you..

There are some subtle differences in the programming and LED information between versions so you need the manual for the correct version.

Getting the beastx usb dongle will allow you to check the firmware version and uptate it to V3 if it's already not - for free - anyway... so scoreing a cheap V2 beastx is not an issue as you can just update it to V3.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HB800-FBL

I got one of these units and put it on a Hausler 450 with an Align FBL head and Airtronics SD10G radio. The problem I'm having is when I go to set parameter "E" the unit exits setup mode.I have set parameters A-D but after setting "D" and pushing the button to go to "E" the unit just goes back to flight mode.It will not go to parameter "E"(Tail servo frequency). Anyone got any ideas how to get to parameter "E"...what have I done wrong?
Thanks

Last edited by BARK; 07-27-2012 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: grammar
BARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just thinking out loud here, but is the servo unplugged?? Might be a safety feature to not allow you to change that when servo is plugged in???
Like I said, I have no idea, just my first thoght....
mCP X ||| mCP X BL ||| 130X ||| 250 FBL ||| 250 FBL #2 ||| 450 Sport V2 FBL ||| 450 Pro FBL ||| X5 ||| DX6i
Airman0386 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah,tried it both ways,with servo plugged and unplugged. Still can't get the "E" parameter light to come on.
Thanks for the reply!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #59 (permalink)
Fear the Spork!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARK View Post
I got one of these units and put it on a Hausler 450 with an Align FBL head and Airtronics SD10G radio. The problem I'm having is when I go to set parameter "E" the unit exits setup mode.I have set parameters A-D but after setting "D" and pushing the button to go to "E" the unit just goes back to flight mode.It will not go to parameter "E"(Tail servo frequency). Anyone got any ideas how to get to parameter "E"...what have I done wrong?
Thanks
that's the way its suppose to be.

there's is 2 type of settings on the HB800.

the first is the settings menu A-N

the second is the parameter menu A-D.

to get to the settings menu , press and hold the button until the status led is solid. then go thru the settings from A-N

to get to the parameters menu , press the button for a short time and release. the status light should be blinking . you have settings A-D

if you need any help please feel free to PM anytime. I will be doing a video tutorial setup this weekend. I been meaning to do it but have been busy.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Spork!

I'll give that a shot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in