Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 10% headspeed

This is pretty cool.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-5OPkEPEg4[/ame]
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

That was a proto type, I haven't seem any videos with the kit version yet at 10 percent .Would be interesting, I thought for mine 44 percent was minimum (2400) any less and it was barely flying , 2700-2900 is about right.Anyone replicate the 10 percent light 3d with there stock kit?Curious
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just got my first CP heli kit, a TREX 250 DFC. I went small because I am not a good pilot yet and don't like the the large blades going at high speed. I am thinking when I get better, to try the compass warp and start out at low head speed. I also love how quiet it was in that video and really like the way they designed the air frame, dual belts, rigid head, etc. That video really made it look like something I could move into one of these days.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
That was a proto type, I haven't seem any videos with the kit version yet at 10 percent .Would be interesting, I thought for mine 44 percent was minimum (2400) any less and it was barely flying , 2700-2900 is about right.Anyone replicate the 10 percent light 3d with there stock kit?Curious
Steve
when that video was shot i was running a 1500kv motor and a 17t pinion, with the stock setup to get that head speed you need about 40%.
Prostarhobby.com
Dave Ketelhut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Dave ,that clears up that mystery,I couldn't figure out how you did it otherwise!
Steve
Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yea, and at those head speeds im pretty sure just adding the canopy it wouldnt get off the ground, it was a handful to fly LOL
Prostarhobby.com
Old 01-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

That is still my favorite Warp video and awesome flying, the main reason I bought the Warp!
Steve
Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 10% headspeed

Great vid!! Any info other than a flat 10% Throttle curve? Whats the swash travel set to? Pitch curve settings? Pitch at hover? Thanks
AgustaOEXFH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i was using the koby esc Gov at 10%, pitch was 13° and cyclic was 7° for step J swashplate cyclic geometry step in Beastx.
Prostarhobby.com
Old 01-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworst View Post
I just got my first CP heli kit, a TREX 250 DFC. I went small because I am not a good pilot yet and don't like the the large blades going at high speed. I am thinking when I get better, to try the compass warp and start out at low head speed. I also love how quiet it was in that video and really like the way they designed the air frame, dual belts, rigid head, etc. That video really made it look like something I could move into one of these days.
Not exactly advisable. You could get by with a relatively low headspeed like 2600 range but much lower and you really need to be a skilled pilot. When the headspeed is that low you have no room for error as you don't have the power to get out of things if it goes wrong and you need to have great collective management skills to prevent you from bogging the heli down to the point where it can't fly. Low headspeedflights are neat, I have a somewhat low HS governor setting on my stretched 450 but I am past the stage of learning the basics and thanks to the mCP have relatively good CM skills. Just my .02
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I enjoy the low HS...IU1 set at 2500 gov by Sk720...flys great..w/canopy on..no problems at all... a must try for everyone Using Thor 1350 35c lipo at aprox. 210g. Nice light packs.
vwopd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
Not exactly advisable. You could get by with a relatively low headspeed like 2600 range but much lower and you really need to be a skilled pilot. When the headspeed is that low you have no room for error as you don't have the power to get out of things if it goes wrong and you need to have great collective management skills to prevent you from bogging the heli down to the point where it can't fly. Low headspeedflights are neat, I have a somewhat low HS governor setting on my stretched 450 but I am past the stage of learning the basics and thanks to the mCP have relatively good CM skills. Just my .02
Good points. I was just thinking of running a low headspeed to do simple, upright flight. I am not as far along as you so I am not talking about doing anything but very simple stuff. I do find it cool though that he could do all that in the video with the low headspeed. Maybe someday I could get that good.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 30 flat 65 flat and 85 flat curves on a koby55. 30 and there's just enough pop to flip inverted and push up and away. Good fun if your bored
Old 01-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
I have 30 flat 65 flat and 85 flat curves on a koby55. 30 and there's just enough pop to flip inverted and push up and away. Good fun if your bored
Do you know what your hs is at those different settings?I'm thinking 2400 hs is about minimum?
Steve
Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

No idea at the moment, down and waiting on parts. Using the stock pinion and motor.

I tried 10% as at that time was unaware that Dave k's setup had a higher kv motor and it wouldn't get off the ground, tried 20% which worked but useless then 30% which is just about flyable in FFF, anything else is silly. Happiest at 65% for now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in