Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters > 500 Aftermarket Upgrades

500 Aftermarket Upgrades Align T-REX 500 Aftermarket Upgrades by HF Vendors and Supporters

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Aluminum Anti-Rotation Bracket Upgrade for 500 Series

The Aluminum Anti-Rotation Bracket Upgrade for Align TREX 500 series of helicopters is now available! Check it out at:

http://www.kdedirect.com/500SeriesProducts.html
http://www.kdedirect.com/TREX500ARB.html

Thanks for everyone's support!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AT500-ARB3.jpg
Views:	1703
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	86523   Click image for larger version

Name:	AT500-ARB4.jpg
Views:	1628
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	86524   Click image for larger version

Name:	AT500-ARB1.jpg
Views:	1242
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	86525   Click image for larger version

Name:	AT500-ARB2.jpg
Views:	1206
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	86526  
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 01:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool, will probably buy one soon...

/ Stolpe

Hyperion EOS 0615i Duo III + 400W 24V 16,7A power supply
Stolpe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2009, 02:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

What about the aluminum canopy bolts pictured, are they available too?
HELIKEV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2009, 05:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

In your pictures for the TREX 500 Aluminum Anti-Rotation Bracket Upgrade I noticed that you had KDE CNC Main Shaft Bearing Blocks, well they be available in the near future?
siwind is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2009, 07:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Isnt the metal to metal contact a problem for non 2.4 gh radios?

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/Tutori...on/default.htm
Skint Eastwood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, the KDE Thrusted Main Metal Bearing Blocks will be available soon - the set you see in the image are prototypes and all the machined parts have been produced. The designs will ship once I receive all the bearings from the manufacturer towards the end of the month or early April.

I'm not sure if I'll be selling metal canopy posts, as I can't compete with Align's pricing if they come out with them, but they are very easy to make. I essentially took the TREX 600 metal canopy posts and shortened them down on a lathe and then tapped M2.5 holes for the studs. Works great and due to the larger size of the posts, the canopy holds on nice and tight!

As for the metal-to-metal noise, I haven't seen it be an issue thus far. My friends and I have been testing it on both 2.4Ghz and 72Mhz systems and we haven't had any problems,so it may not be an issue with Aluminum as it is conductive.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll be in for one too, as soon as i get a 500, in the meantime, however, have you thought of doing one for the 450? i know a lot of people would be on that like flies on sh... well, at least I would...
Old 03-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kegerator Shill Account

Thumbs up

I just ordered one last night; they look like another high quality KDE part.

I have another TREX 500, are you going to come out with a kit that includes all the upgrade parts? Will this include the new thrust bearing blocks?

Thanks
Helirob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

will this move the canopie mounts forward for more room for a biger battery? if so that would be sweet
joecass2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 02:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I Think the "KDE Direct" branding on the anti-rotation bracket is too much...

Sorry - I think it takes away from the nice looks... can't you maybe put simply "KDE" somewhere else on it...

Just my 2c - not sure what other's think about it..
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post

Sorry - I think it takes away from the nice looks... can't you maybe put simply "KDE" somewhere else on it...

i have to agree, but i still like it! i want one! er, i mean two!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Actually it looks like a very nicely machined piece. He is obviously very proud of his work.

I prefer the plastic antirotation bracket because it breaks in a crash, thereby reducing rotorhead and servo damage.

Ultraviolet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I thought the same thing . Great looking part but the location and size of the Branding is to much IMO and takes away from the beautiful lines of the peace .

If I were going to engrave it. I would have just put KDE down on the flats by the canopy pegs. This way the eye isn't drawn away from the flow and curves of the peace .
Old 03-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

The KDE Direct trademark is a bit more subtle than shown in the images - sometimes camera flashes accentuates curves/lines on Aluminum parts more than visible in normal lighting conditions. This is one of the designs I'm most proud of from a CNC design standpoint, as it was incredibly tough to machine and hold exacting tolerances for excellent flight characteristics. I couldn't resist having the KDE Direct naming on there and overall, I'm confident you'll enjoy the new upgrade! Try these images:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AT500-ARB1.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	86763   Click image for larger version

Name:	AT500-ARB2.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	86764   Click image for larger version

Name:	AT500-ARB3.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	86765   Click image for larger version

Name:	AT500-ARB4.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	86766  

Last edited by KDE Direct; 03-15-2009 at 02:33 PM..
KDE Direct is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegerator View Post
This is one of the designs I'm most proud of from a CNC design standpoint, as it was incredibly tough to machine and hold exacting tolerances for excellent flight characteristics. I couldn't resist having the KDE Direct naming on there and overall, I'm confident you'll enjoy the new upgrade! Try these images:

Believe me as a CNC machinist my self I understand this completely And it's a VERY beautifully machined part just as all your other parts are . But the branding is just to large and wide for the area that you've chosen . IMO It really distracts from the over all beauty of this peace .

If your willing to sell any Without the branding Let me know and I'll Gladly take one .
Old 03-16-2009, 03:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kegerator,

I TOTALLY agree - machine work is and looks fantastic...

I'm just giving you some constructive feedback - even the new pics - branding is too much.. I think the top sides should be plain like the unbranded side as it looks great on the unbranded side...

I's totally up to you to keep the branding but I was not supprise that a few people also poped in and agreed with me...

I don't want you to think I'm putting it down in any way - it looks fantastic and the machining looks great... but might be worth your while to rethink the branding position.

And I'd seriously think of getting one also if the branding were repositioned..
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. KDE on the side in smaller letters or somewhere else would look better. After all, all these upgrades are for the "Bling" factor and appearance is everything...

Also... as a "wish list" sort of thing.... black would look better. But I'd buy one in two seconds is it were silver (as is) with smaller branding as described.

Can I order a custom one without the branding?

Wren54 & Trex744
DDragon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is all great "constructive" crticism and your opinions are being heard. I can't offer a blank version, as it doesn't make sense to offer this and the product is now our #1 seller. How many times does your helicopter say "ALIGN" on it? I believe mine alone says it more than 10 times! Now that is some serious branding, but I still love the helicopter. In the future I may be able to offer more custom markings, but right now I don't have the resources for it. I already drive my machinist crazy sometimes with some of the designs I push him to cut! LOL

It's tough to make everyone happy, as we all have different tastes and opinions (I'm definitely a very picky purchaser!). I would love to own a pair of Nike shoes or a Dell laptop without the branding on it, but it won't happen. It's what separates the good brands from knock-offs...now if only I could get my Ford to say Ferrari...hum...

Last edited by KDE Direct; 03-16-2009 at 06:56 PM..
KDE Direct is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have one for the Trex600E? That would be good too.
Thanks

Wren54 & Trex744
DDragon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not a problem of advertising KDE Direct on the part. It's the location you chose for the advertising on the part.

By all means you should put your logo on it. We just think you need to find a better spot .

But hey each their own. If you should change your mind and wouldn't mind offering a few without the logo or offer it in a different location let me know and I'll happy take one and add it to the rest of my KDE parts.

Happy flying

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in