Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinma View Post
They HAVE
No....had.

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm55 View Post

Your CC companies options may vary but definitely worth setting up if available. Mine told me I would only be held accountable for the first $50 but they waved it. In the end, they did get one laptop out of 4 ordered but at least they had the shipped address (a CA address no less and I'm in NY) Go figure....
Sounds like you might need a new CC company. They should be able to reverse 100% of fraudulent charges. If not, don't pay the bill.
NachoFoot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailid View Post
No....had.
I have to respectfully disagree. Helidirect is still a reputable online retailer. Thanks to everyone here at HeliFreak! We as a group brought this to their attention. They took the appropriate actions with in a reasonable time. Others may have not figured out how there was fraudulent activity on their CC. Hackers have gained access to our government systems. This is not to say that we have a reputable government, but that I am sure they do their best to secure their systems as well. There are lots of way's to commit CC Fraud. We take so many chances everyday. How can we expect that the thieves will ever find ways to rob us. All we can do is protect ourselves as much as possible. Our CC and personal information can be attained so many ways. So this is the world we live in! Who's to say how and when we will get robbed again.

I have too give Helidirect two for addressing the issue and how honest they were with us. look at it like this. This is out there for the whole world to see. If you do not feel comfortable doing online purchases with Helidirect because of this issue then fine that's your prerogative. Helidirect has always been prompt with my orders and has given me great service. Larry responded quickly to our concerns. We are lucky if some of the other distributors answer our E-Mail.

Had this have happened with one of our over seas distributors how would they have reacted?
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a simple fix. It's called Telephone.

Helidirect Toll Free (within US): 877-HDX-HELI (877-439-4354)
Old 04-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got it even worse than everyone. Both CC i have were stolen twice. Once witht he original CC and another with the replacement CC with new numbers. One was 1500 for countless charges, another was for around 500 i belive on both my CC. Now every purchase online i make, whether or not its r/c related, i used a generated CC number through my bank instead of my real CC number. Once i use it, the CC number is dead, so even if someone steals it, it aint no good after im done with it.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
I got it even worse than everyone. Both CC i have were stolen twice. Once witht he original CC and another with the replacement CC with new numbers. One was 1500 for countless charges, another was for around 500 i belive on both my CC. Now every purchase online i make, whether or not its r/c related, i used a generated CC number through my bank instead of my real CC number. Once i use it, the CC number is dead, so even if someone steals it, it aint no good after im done with it.
Was this related to HeliDirect?
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliIntervention View Post
Was this related to HeliDirect?
Yup, both times I made purchases through their website, using my CC through paypal, they were stolen
Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Through Paypal?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
Yup, both times I made purchases through their website, using my CC through paypal, they were stolen
Dante, I'm royally confused by this statement. The whole point of purchasing through PayPal is that the merchant NEVER sees the credit card information. The merchant is paid via PayPal NOT the credit card. PayPal funds the transaction by charging the credit card... so how is it possible that a merchant gets a hold of two of your credit cards when you never provided them with the CC number?
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
Dante, I'm royally confused by this statement. The whole point of purchasing through PayPal is that the merchant NEVER sees the credit card information. The merchant is paid via PayPal NOT the credit card. PayPal funds the transaction by charging the credit card... so how is it possible that a merchant gets a hold of two of your credit cards when you never provided them with the CC number?
You tell me and then we'll both know. Both my CC were and i emphasize WERE stored in my paypal account. Went though the payment process just like any other time I've used paypal or bought something from helidirect in the past. Checked my statement the next day hordes of transactions on my CC. Canceled one, got a new one. Used my other one again on helidirect and yet again it was stolen. Little more than a coincidence that both my CC were stolen after paying on the same site.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr911 View Post
There is a simple fix. It's called Telephone.

Helidirect Toll Free (within US): 877-HDX-HELI (877-439-4354)
fail , sry , when you tell a company over the phone , you think they are writin down what your saying????hell no! , they are typing it into a computer.....jeese...eat your wheaties!

trust me when i say "they dont want this as much as you don't"
i hope they get it figured out. good company. good people.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default WOW...

Guess I should have looked on HF earlier about this.

I made a purchase 2/7/2012 (that was the date it went through which I belive was same day)... on 3/22 I had the same issue a lot of people on here had.

The specifics sound very familiar. My account was charged for two sets of train tickets in Oslo, Norway and also some hotel in Miss or La.

I see that most of the people here reported overseas transactions from locations in some of the same european areas.

Luckily, my banks fraud alert called me (while I was driving back home from the Birminham Heli Fly-in in Alabama)

Took days to get it cleared up and some hassle but glad to know where it came from. I really feel bad now about accusing the Texas Roadhouse location of having someone take my number. It is clear that there was an issue and crazy that my purchase of a few batteries and a swash leveler cost me a headache. I was looking today on Google to look up the website and up comes a "Helidirect Fraud" link so I found this...

I think if I order anything else, may use the phone for sure. So would I qualify for the discount deal or credit I wonder? I do have proof right there in my account statements.

Guess I need to check more often for potential issues berfore ordering online.

Hoss
T-Rex 250FBL 3G, T-Rex 450 DFC AR 7200 BX, 450 Pro Airwolf T-Rex 500, T-Rex 550 FBL BeastX, Trex 600N OS 55 IRCHA Special Edition Black, Trex 600e Pro AR 7200BX Trex 700X BeastX Plus, DJI 450 NAZA/GPS and DJI 550 NAZA, Phantom 2, Phantom 3 Pro
TossinHoss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guess I need to call or email. Am glad they straightened it out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helidirect View Post
Hi all,

First of all, we want to extend our sincere apologies for those who affected by this issue, as our goal at HeliDirect is 100% customer satisfaction, and our desire is to provide the best RC helicopter shopping experience, bar none.

As mentioned in our previous posts, we have taken all measures possible to counter these security issues that have happened on our site including: changed new server, updated softwares, installed Trust Guard to scan daily, installed Kyplex to scan daily, and have our IT expert routinely manual check for any possible threats. However, we know those who have encountered these problems are worried about shopping with us, and it is our goal to show that our site is safe, secure, and our desire to right these issues is absolute, as we sincerely care about every customer who does business with us.

As a way to extend our apologies and invite back those customers who have dealt with these fraudulent charges, we are extending a $50.00 gift certificate as a way to show you how much we value your business. Please contact Larry at larry@helidirect.com, or call in our support line, and he will provide you with the necessary information to claim your voucher.

Further, to show how confident we are with the security of our site & system, with any future order placed, we will offer a 100% refund of your order if your payment method is compromised in any way, shape or form. In short, if your order placed with us results in any untoward activity via the payment method you utilize, your order is free.

We hope these measures show how confident we are in the security we have built within our site. We want to show you that problems or crisis sometimes does happen, unfortunately, but whatever it is, we always stand behind of products and services we provide to you, and our commitment to give you the best shopping experience with us. We sincerely urge those who question anything about HeliDirect to give us a chance to prove our ability to provide a safe & secure shopping experience, leaving you with a truly confident purchase with every visit you make.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and we sincerely look forward to assisting anyone who comes our way.
T-Rex 250FBL 3G, T-Rex 450 DFC AR 7200 BX, 450 Pro Airwolf T-Rex 500, T-Rex 550 FBL BeastX, Trex 600N OS 55 IRCHA Special Edition Black, Trex 600e Pro AR 7200BX Trex 700X BeastX Plus, DJI 450 NAZA/GPS and DJI 550 NAZA, Phantom 2, Phantom 3 Pro
TossinHoss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not so sure all is resolved. Had to cancel my cc yesterday after being contacted by the fraud dept. Made a purchase from HD 4 days ago and this happens shortly after. Second time this year for me. This time the charge was declined and I'll have a new card tomorrow, so no real harm done.
whytlotus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

I suppose that is one reason to use PayPal, as your actual CC number never shows up.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 02:50 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyerheli View Post
I suppose that is one reason to use PayPal, as your actual CC number never shows up.
Could it be a false flag operation run by Paypal, so everyone flocks to them out of fear. We should get Alex Jones to check it out.
scottyay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alot of you are missing the big picture...could just be a virus on your pc thats stores keystrokes. Also if your using paypal they cannot make charges on your card unless it goes thru paypal itself. No credit card info is sent period to any company being paid using paypal.
AMA #1039539
ddj74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 03:44 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj74 View Post
Alot of you are missing the big picture...could just be a virus on your pc thats stores keystrokes. Also if your using paypal they cannot make charges on your card unless it goes thru paypal itself. No credit card info is sent period to any company being paid using paypal.
Agreed that Paypal seems like the way to go, I always get nervous and sweaty palms whenever I have to type my CC details into something on the net. Although I don't actually have a credit card anyway, I use a visa debit card and transfer the required funds into it from my savings account so there is only ever money on that card for about 10 minutes usually.

If the problems are being caused by keyloggers wouldn't paypal users still get money stolen seeing as they will see the Paypal details?
scottyay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj74 View Post
That would be a keylogger, not a virus. It would also be a huge coincidence since most of the fraudulent activity happened after shopping there.

Then there's the fact that they admitted they were compromised.

If I were them, I'd use a third party to host the shopping cart and have an external audit of security with an accreditation to build some confidence back. That and stop storing credit card info. It's inconvenient to re-enter your CC each time but they can't steal it if it's not stored.
agagescu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by agagescu View Post
That would be a keylogger, not a virus. It would also be a huge coincidence since most of the fraudulent activity happened after shopping there.

Then there's the fact that they admitted they were compromised.

If I were them, I'd use a third party to host the shopping cart and have an external audit of security with an accreditation to build some confidence back. That and stop storing credit card info. It's inconvenient to re-enter your CC each time but they can't steal it if it's not stored.
Assuming the system is compromised, the CC data could be stolen at the time you enter it for processing, so it wouldn't matter if the data is eventually retained. The damage is already done.
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in