Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > CJY Total-G FBL System

CJY Total-G FBL System Curtis Youngblood Total-G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TotalG, several questions

Hi Freaks,

I'm Basti from Germany so my english isnt perfect, hope u can understand me :-)

I have several questions about the TotalG, Firmware is the latest.

My Setup:
KDS 700V2, KDS 120A HV ESC, Scorpion 5020-450, swashplate 3x Align DS610M, Tail Savox 1290MG, Blades BBT Maniac 703, TotalG all on 6V, DX18
TotalG is connected via 3 DSM2 Sats.

The Description said trim lock is activate over 50% Throttle. Do they mean over 50% throttle curve on my dx18?
A test without blades does show me allways decay mode. Throttle Curves are 70-65-60-65-70/80-75-70-75-80/95-90-85-90-95. I set trim Lock on Throttle at the TotalG Software. When i got the trimlock?

My Second questions is, i have terrible bounce back on ail and elev. I set the FC Gain increase and decrease the FC Gain but nothing really happens.
Wich settings i have to change?

Regards from Germany
Basti
Send from my iPhone/iPad
Yaku79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome Basti,
My trim lock does not activate until it sees a throttle output of 30% from my transmitter (Airtronics RDS8000). I fly in governor, set RPM mode with all my Castle ESCs. Normal is at 28%/1750 RPM, IU1 is 70%/1800, and IU2 is 100%/1950 RPM. During spool up I am in decay mode and don't activate trim lock until I go to IU1. The reason for decay mode is to take any auto correcting out of the FBL unit that may cause a tip over at lower head speeds while spooling up. To check and see where your transmitter switches from decay mode to trim lock hook up your TG to the computer and move your throttle output in the throttle settings menu to see where it switches at. Be watching the FC gain box in the bottom left (misc) and see where it changes from decay to trim lock (under the FC Gain Box). Be sure and place your mouse cursor on the FC Gain box to select it, should turn yellow.

What is you FC gain set to? 50% is usually a good place to start with fc11_3C7. Also if you are always staying in Decay mode FC gain will not do a lot for you. Having bad bounce back sounds like you are going into Trim Lock and FC gain is too high. My Outrage 550s like FC gain at 46% and my Rave Ballistic is 50%.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

well i quickly checked the trim lock, its activated on every idle. My FC Gain is 50 cause the description said thats a good starting point. I know from my flights today that an increase and decrease of the gain changed nothing at bounce back. What i does mean with bounce back, i do short imput of ail and the heli is shaking over ail, guess i think its bounce back. On a short impuls of elev, you can see the tail is wagging up and down.
Wich settings i have to increase or decrease? On my MSH Brain i would know what i have to change, but on the G.... I dont know :-(

regards from Germany
Basti
Old 12-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, i just come from the field. Think i am gonna right to increase the Settings in the Advanced and Background Settings. I Love the G, feels totally natural like a flybar ;-)
Now i am gonna make tomorrow some testflights too, my KDS isnt quickly enough.
I am on Traveladjust for ail and Elev 135% but i could a Little bit more. The only Problem now i just have, the heli doesnt lock hard enough after stops.

Tapped via iPhone/iPad
Old 12-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you may need slightly longer servo arms so you can decrease your travel adjust settings. In the advanced menu increasing the stop value should cure your bounce. If it continues to roll a little bit after centering the stick the stop setting is too high.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx, will try it on monday ;-)

Tapped via iPhone/iPad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in