Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 04:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

A Bantam shipment arrived yesterday with new literature included covering the 2010 product line. The BC8DX is not listed as firmware user updatable as the other that are firmware updatable are listed as such. I do beleive the web site is incorrect and will be corrected.
RC Accessory is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought a Hyperion that replaced my TP1010 and i'm VERY Happy with it. I did look at the Bantam but I liked the features of the Hyperion better. The Hyperion is also alot more accurate then my TP1010c it balanced better and faster.

Joe
Joey.S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I just bought a Fusion Emperor L702B Pro with Fusion 220-240 volt AC power supply, 5-15 volt, 0-40 Amp (max 600W). Reasonably priced package and should hopefully be enough for my needs. Quality? Time will tell.

http://www.logicrc.com/?ItemId=O-FS-...0,c:40,c:40-20

http://www.logicrc.com/?ItemId=O-FS-...0,c:40,c:40-20

Slight negative so far - the fans on the back of the L702B Pro has rather high soundlevel (they are however started as needed so they are not on all the time).

Edit: I have now used it for some days and so far everyting works fine, I have charged NiCd, LiIon and LiPo so far and it has worked great. I recommend to download the L702B Pro PDF manual from Logic RC homepage and read carefully so You understand the menu system and the settings You can make otherwise it is hard to know what you select in the LCD display.

/Bo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fusion_L702BPro.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	165676  

Last edited by bossee; 07-06-2010 at 03:44 PM..
bossee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have a lot of experience with anything other than small chargers for 3/4s packs, but I just recently got the duo 3 and so far, I like it. Particularly the balance and store functions. I have two Hyperion 6s 3300 mah packs and when I finish up flying, or anything requiring a charged pack, I run it through the store cycle, and the packs will finish with a 3.81v/cell state. I have run both packs simultaneously in the independent mode, and all 12 cells ended at 3.81v. From this point to top off the packs only takes about 20 min charging @ 4 amps.

I maybe could do it a little faster, but I just plan ahead and don't worry about the time.

One other thing I like is the ability to check out individual cell voltage. Just power up the system and then plug the balance tab into the charger and it will read out all 6 individual cells. Maybe I am being overly simplistic and other chargers will also do these functions, but the ability to do these things and recommendations from friends is why I got this one.

Last edited by rcflyerheli; 07-05-2010 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: typo added info
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have used quite a few chargers however, the favourite charger I have is the Duo3. I am using mostly 6S lipos as I'm mainly flying heli's at the moment. I now have 2 Duo3's, each powered by 24V 1000w power supplies. The charger is great to use and I also like the store facility. Some of my lipos were not properly balanced until I used this charger.

After plugging in the lipos I don't touch the actual charger to set up the charge as I use the software for the entire operation and monitoring. The software is really great to use and you can monitor all the functions at once-no manual scrolling through the charger menus. You can use the software to setup the entire charge process and each channel has 20 memories. I have a 700E so the sync mode is great. I really believe that these chargers are top quality and I am absolutely delighted with them.
mike61 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down Hyperion Duo balance issue

I would definitely stay away from the Hyperion Duo. I have been using this charger for about a year and half with no issue untill about 2 months ago. The second charging port (2) will always charge one cell at a much lower voltage. For example, 4.2, 4.2, 4.01 This will happen will any Lipo battery i charge, including 6S batteries. The First charging port works fine, and i usually have to discharge the battery and charge it on Port 1 in order to get all cells at the same charge.
VERY Frustrating
I have read in other posts that i would need to clean the pins out with some contact electrical cleaner.......been there done that, still that port is bad.

I have since talked to my brother who also has a Duo and he told me he has the same issue after about a year of use on the same Port2. I also have a couple of flying friends that say theres at times does the same thing....do i see a known problem here????

If you notice, there is no customer support number for Hyperion, well at least i havent been able to find one. I know that its not under warranty, i just need to talk to customer support to see what they recommend. Stay away from the DUO!!!

If anybody has a number i can call, that would be greatly appreciated
When all else fails....NUKE IT!
Funkytee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

For Hyperion Support contact Empire Hobby @ 480-982-0909. They are the US distributor.

I would go with Bantam mainly for higher charge rates and the screen is plain kick ass.

I also had a Hyperion DUO just start acting up and doing goofy things with the cell balancing. Ruined two packs before I figured out it was the charger. I just sent it in.

I have had a good experience dealing with Empire. Please call them.

Personally I have have had issues with Bantam, Turnigy, Hyperion and GT Power. I would go with a dealer and brand that will support you when you do have an issue. All chargers have some level of failure rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkytee View Post
I would definitely stay away from the Hyperion Duo. I have been using this charger for about a year and half with no issue untill about 2 months ago. The second charging port (2) will always charge one cell at a much lower voltage. For example, 4.2, 4.2, 4.01 This will happen will any Lipo battery i charge, including 6S batteries. The First charging port works fine, and i usually have to discharge the battery and charge it on Port 1 in order to get all cells at the same charge.
VERY Frustrating
I have read in other posts that i would need to clean the pins out with some contact electrical cleaner.......been there done that, still that port is bad.

I have since talked to my brother who also has a Duo and he told me he has the same issue after about a year of use on the same Port2. I also have a couple of flying friends that say theres at times does the same thing....do i see a known problem here????

If you notice, there is no customer support number for Hyperion, well at least i havent been able to find one. I know that its not under warranty, i just need to talk to customer support to see what they recommend. Stay away from the DUO!!!

If anybody has a number i can call, that would be greatly appreciated

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in