Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2014, 04:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Attention Kontronik Jive Pro 80HV customers

--------- Attention KONTRONIK Jive Pro 80HV customers --------------

It has come to our attention that with some set ups there could potentially be an initialisation problem with the Jive Pro 80HV.

Due to the fact that we could not possibly test every single combination we was not able to foresee this.

So please, if you have a Jive Pro 80HV with the serial number between 006735 - 007058 that can be found on the silver label on the packaging then please return it to us at the following address.

KONTRONIK+SOBEK GmbH
- Serviceabteilung -
Etzwiesenstraße 35/1
72108 Rottenburg, Germany

Please send it in with the completed service form and attach your proof of purchase.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but as we have found this potential issue we would much rather deal with it as quickly as possible and not leave it. This is the best option for you our customers as you are at the forefront of our thinking.

We hope you understand.

http://www.kontronik.com/images/stor...20Fillable.pdf

http://www.kontronik.com/index.php?o...emid=1&lang=en
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How long is this going to take and can you change the bec voltage on mine to 8.4 while you have it?
Old 09-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am affected, can we send to Kontronik USA, it is expensive to ship to Germany
Old 09-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't see why we couldn't send ours to Kusa and Kusa could immediately replace with a new fixed version. Then they can handle the delays and dealing with germany on the faulty units. Mine is new in box and I haven't had a chance to even solder bullets on it yet so it should be an easy swap for them. That would make an unhappy customer satisfied quickly.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
We hope you understand.
No, I don't.

It took seven months between product announcement and shipment. That is a long time and should have produced a fully functional product. This product should have been perfect, as the price indicates.

Quote:
This is the best option for you our customers as you are at the forefront of our thinking.
If that was true, you would have a plan for customers that live outside Europe.

Now we have to fill out a form and sent it to Germany?

Quote:
Shipment costs as needed
What does that mean? Kontronik should pay both postage costs.

Anyone want a Jive Pro 80HV in an unopened, still sealed box? Make reasonable offer.
rick.007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sent Charles Anderson a PM asking if we can send to him, waiting for reply. Mine is also brand new in the box. They will not do swap for sure but at least they can ship to Germany saving us the shipping fees. It is not cheap, you are talking at least $45-50 through USPS and more if sent by FedEx.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

How long does the shipping take? If it takes 6 to 8 weeks minimum as I expect, I'd rather get my money back and see what comes out next season. I'd love an HV version of my yge 90lv. It would be half the cost and works better with vcontrol.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great!

I don't have the packing material.

How do I find out if mine is affected?

Edit:
Potentially affected units have "7P" on the label on the ESC

Kontronik website has more information

The first batch of JIVE Pro 80+ HV may have a problem during initialization. Depending on the servos and stabilization system this error occurs very seldom and cannot cause in any problems during flight. If you have this problems which deflects ESC with production code "7P" or serial numbers from 6735 up to 7058 on the package please send the ESC to the listed address below for a free update.

So not everyone is going to see this initialization issue. If I don't see it when I get mine installed I'm not sending it in.
Logo 480 XXtreme, Logo 550SX, Logo 690SX, Logo 800 XXtreme, TDR, Minicopter Diabolo 550, Minicopter Triabolo, Goblin 500, Goblin 700, Goblin 770, KDS Agile 5.5, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, HD Cell 500, Thunder Tiger E700

Last edited by taosgraveyard; 09-02-2014 at 01:12 AM..
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 01:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found this in a German forum

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Interesting reading
Logo 480 XXtreme, Logo 550SX, Logo 690SX, Logo 800 XXtreme, TDR, Minicopter Diabolo 550, Minicopter Triabolo, Goblin 500, Goblin 700, Goblin 770, KDS Agile 5.5, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, HD Cell 500, Thunder Tiger E700
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought about trying mine as it is but I don't really want to solder a connection onto it until they have it fixed. Plus I sell off things after a while and I couldn't sell this to someone knowing that it may not work with their configuration.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

what about the 120 hv?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

This a firmware "bug" (reason was not everything testing under real conditions in real models) which appeared in the 1st bunch of the Pro's, and these were 80's only.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jive Pro 80HV Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosgraveyard View Post
Great!

I don't have the packing material.

How do I find out if mine is affected?

Edit:
Potentially affected units have "7P" on the label on the ESC

Kontronik website has more information

The first batch of JIVE Pro 80+ HV may have a problem during initialization. Depending on the servos and stabilization system this error occurs very seldom and cannot cause in any problems during flight. If you have this problems which deflects ESC with production code "7P" or serial numbers from 6735 up to 7058 on the package please send the ESC to the listed address below for a free update.

So not everyone is going to see this initialization issue. If I don't see it when I get mine installed I'm not sending it in.
What exactly is the issue? I don't understand Kontronik's explanation: "If you have this problem which deflects ESC.....". Huh?? I have an 80HV Pro running directly off of a Futaba SBus receiver and use the BEC to power the receiver and a Skookum 540. It works just great. Is there a reason why I would need to send this to Kontronik?

Mike
MKMAERO is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 03:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the German forum http://www.rc-heli.de they speak about twitching servos on powerup. Something with the BEC voltage shortly after powerup, perhaps too sensitive over current detection. In the end that may prevent successful initialization of a FBL as I read.

P.S.: Extensive email ping pong w/ a user.. "Help, my new JLog is defective!" Huh?! Never. Then it turned out: JLog gets no supply voltage from a JIVE Pro. Customer: incredulous..
Finally: snip
Quote:
I have good news. Last week I have tested voltage going out of jive pro 80hv the value was 1,2v not the 5v expected.
Also I have test your devices the brand new and the "not working" on jive pro and none is working.
But these 2 devices are perfectly working on Kosmik 160hv.
Also my jive pro was send back to Kontronik due to the advice:
Hmm.. Sounds as if that bug affects the initial output voltage of the BEC other way than above suspected by me..

However. A fix is available, devices of the named range of S/N should be sent back for firmware update.

Last edited by dl7uae; 09-03-2014 at 04:59 PM..
dl7uae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2014, 09:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

If its a firmware upgrade, I thought theses new Pro's were firmware upgrade able by user like Kosmik... Probably has to to about PC software not ready yet...
Yzlvr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzlvr View Post
If its a firmware upgrade, I thought theses new Pro's were firmware upgrade able by user like Kosmik... Probably has to to about PC software not ready yet...
Its not firmware related.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

Dear Customers,

For clarification, the JIVE Pro 80 initialization issue is very rare. Less than 1% of the first batch of 80s will ever experience this initialization issue. For example, this has only been reported by 3 customers worldwide.

The problem will occur in the very beginning when you are powering up the system, if you will experience any issue at all. If you have not had any problem with your 80, then your unit is not affected.

The units in question were from the very batch first shipped out prior to IRCHA. If you have not had any problems, then I would fly and have fun.

We apologize for any misunderstanding, and for any inconvenience experienced by our customers. It is out goal to notify you of any potential issue, even if that issue is extremely limited.

If you have any problems with your 80 in the USA, please email me at charles.anderson@kontronik.com
KONTRONIK USA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
this has only been reported by 3 customers worldwide
Here I count ten: Reepa, Uli4G3, Lammlord, Rizzo, bapfi, milkahai, Burgenländer, Blaichi, sp00ky, Kama
+ two w/ a Pro 120 who say that the BEC is very sensitive on initial load at powerup (same effect), version 8P, of course.

I do not read in any other forum besides RCH except of HF. So my customer Remí is #11[13].

Old 09-09-2014, 07:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just checked my new Jive Pro 80HV, and it's a 7P with a serial number toward the upper end of the affected range.

The unit is still new-in-box. I haven't soldered or tested anything.

Am I better off shipping it back to Germany and waiting (how long?), or is it advisable to test first and send only if the symptom is encountered? It'll be working with a mini VBar and MKS X8 servos.

Also, can Kontronik please confirm whether it's possible to tweak the BEC voltage if the unit goes for repairs, as another poster asked already? Without a ProgDisc, I'm out of options for setting this important parameter.
H2SO4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
I just checked my new Jive Pro 80HV, and it's a 7P with a serial number toward the upper end of the affected range.

The unit is still new-in-box. I haven't soldered or tested anything.

Am I better off shipping it back to Germany and waiting (how long?), or is it advisable to test first and send only if the symptom is encountered? It'll be working with a mini VBar and MKS X8 servos.

Also, can Kontronik please confirm whether it's possible to tweak the BEC voltage if the unit goes for repairs, as another poster asked already? Without a ProgDisc, I'm out of options for setting this important parameter.
bec voltage cannot be set because you would need to reprogram it when it gets back and mode 1 would clear any bec settings out.

I would hook it up and test. It is a very low percentage that have the issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in