Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Flight Log questions

So I've done the maiden on my E720, and a couple flights besides and I've started messing with the flight logs.

Q1: Vibration levels seem to be about 2-3 on average, but through some maneuvers, like tic-tocs, they go up and I get warnings. I imagine this is normal? Nothing to be done about it?

Q2: I tried the playback thinger (I believe that's the technical term), and there's no image of a helicopter there. I just end up looking at the sky or the ground, and it's clearly not following the stick movements - which do appear to be accurate. What's going on there?

Q3: FAQ on the Skookum website says that playback doesn't work at all unless you "register" the data viewer and pay $40. But playback appears to be sort of working. Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks for any input guys.
rotormonkey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The pro viewer is an additional $40 but your playback should work. Mine is gone due to my own personal computer issues. All I see is a shadow on the ground moving around when I can even get it going. Before my laptop crashed I could view them without an issue. Others have reported similar problems.

If you are gettin vibe warnings on your tic tocs something is not right with the heli or your Sk720 has room for its location or insulation. Most guys hit about 3 maybe 4 max during severe hardcore moves. Vibes at a 2 show me you have room to either improve the heli depending on what your logs look like or improve the vibe layering or insulating the Sk from all of it.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well I know the problem with playback isn't my computer. I've tried it on my laptop, and desktop systems, both even running different OSes. Guess that's another discussion.

As for the vibration, since it only spikes up during high G maneuvers, that tells me that it's probably not due to an imbalance anywhere - I probably just need better isolation on the gyro. Safe to say?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Anyone?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotormonkey View Post
Anyone?
=] its not right, needs a log to look at it, head dampers / thrust bearing....

headspeed high enough for what you are doing?

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in