Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MKS 95 uneven response to channel value

one of my MKS95 servos started acting weird. Whenever there's a change in stick movement direction, the horn would start moving very fast, then it would slow down. To test it, I connected it directly via receiver, to rule out FBL behaviour. I can clearly see that while moving stick up and down at even speed, whenever there's a change from "up" to "down" or vice versa, servo horn shoots forward, then decelerates.

The servo used to be on elevator, and as far as I remember had one gear change. In total like 200-300 flights old.

From what I understand, potentiometer went crazy. Tried to open to internals, but doesn't look like there's access to clean it up, it's firmly hot glue'd.

Is the servo busted? Would you replace whole set of cyclics in such case?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiron View Post
one of my MKS95 servos started acting weird. Whenever there's a change in stick movement direction, the horn would start moving very fast, then it would slow down. To test it, I connected it directly via receiver, to rule out FBL behaviour. I can clearly see that while moving stick up and down at even speed, whenever there's a change from "up" to "down" or vice versa, servo horn shoots forward, then decelerates.

The servo used to be on elevator, and as far as I remember had one gear change. In total like 200-300 flights old.

From what I understand, potentiometer went crazy. Tried to open to internals, but doesn't look like there's access to clean it up, it's firmly hot glue'd.

Is the servo busted? Would you replace whole set of cyclics in such case?
Has this ever been crashed? Or the servo ever taken apart? If so, the potentiometer couple area with the actual gear may have elongated the hole in the gear here? A close inspection is required. And it is easy to get to just by pulling off the forward servo cover.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

yeah, it has gone through one output gear change. After another inspection of the slot where output shaft goes in shows that the "D" shape of it is kind-of damaged, I probably pushed output shaft in in mis-aligned. What's strange though, is that it flew like this for well over 100 flights after the gear change.

Anyway, what about another part of my question - would you replace just one servo, or the whole set of cyclics in such case when one servo fails?
Old 10-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i would only replace one servo, actually i would send that servo back to mks and see what they could do for me. maybe they could fix it on the cheap.

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Call Thomas at MKS USA. I have had the honor of spending some serious time chatting with him. Talk about superior customer service! He is the man to talk to here. He returns all his calls personally.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Call Thomas at MKS USA. I have had the honor of spending some serious time chatting with him. Talk about superior customer service! He is the man to talk to here. He returns all his calls personally.
yeah he will talk your ear off haha.. and he will take care of you if your servos are under warranty, i think you get a year warranty..

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know, a servo few hundred flights old, had at least one crash with a broken shaft, mis-aligned replacement gear pressed in, damaging potentiometer socket.. hell I would not cover warranty myself. Also, sending it across the Atlantic twice will take too much time and money

I've already got a new servo on the way. does said Thomas have an email? Phonecall is troublesome due to time differences and me being non-native speaker
Old 10-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't know, a servo few hundred flights old, had at least one crash with a broken shaft, mis-aligned replacement gear pressed in, damaging potentiometer socket.. hell I would not cover warranty myself. Also, sending it across the Atlantic twice will take too much time and money

I've already got a new servo on the way. does said Thomas have an email? Phonecall is troublesome due to time differences and me being non-native speaker
Yes. Then again since you are over the pond. Just deal directly with MKS themselves. Their customer service is outstanding! I bought the very first set of MKS 95's directly from them several months before anyone had even heard of these. And did the first write up on them here at HF. To note, the elongated hole issue is cheap to address and the servos are capable of hundreds upon hundreds of flights. I have never seen a motor wear out?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks - I'm in the process of trying to get any response, MKS representatives in EU recently changed so it's hard to understand who to talk to.

Anyway, thanks all for help! Tomorrow mailman will hopefully bring the new servo so I can finally test my brand new second hand sk540
Old 10-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Anyway, thanks all for help! Tomorrow mailman will hopefully bring the new servo so I can finally test my brand new second hand sk540
I spent this afternoon tuning one up on one of my 600s. Great controller! I had one coupled up with my Mks servos on the Warp earlier. Brilliant flying heli. Razor sharp. And the proactive gov is to die for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in