Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JLog - The JIVE logging stamp

JLog - The JIVE logging stamp JLog - The JIVE logging stamp - Official English Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Strange..

What do you think about continuation in the German JLog support forum? ..which btw speaks German AND English..

Aber eigentlich haben wir dafür ein Ticket System, Wolfgang.

Ich habe jetzt keine Erklärung, brauche noch etwas mehr Beschreibung von Dir.

-------
Du hast aber schon hier oder anderswo gelesen, dass die Firmware KOSMIK 4.6 und JIVEpro 1.6 (4.8/1.8 ebenso) einen Bug hat bzgl. der Drehzahl an JLog als "TelMe"? Du weißt, dass Du einen Workaround dagegen anwenden musst, - spezielle Firmware in JLog und eine Maßnahme im Setup des ESC?
Drehzahl Bug in den neuen Kontronik Firmwares KOSMIK 4.6 / JIVEpro 1.6
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have just completed the build on a new heli and all that is left to do is install my kosmik 200(version 4.5 according to manual provided) and jlog 2.6 to speak to a Jeti DS16.

Just purchased both pieces of equipment in the USA about 3 weeks ago. I was all ready to begin the install and thought I would drop by the forums just to see if there were some things to do and not to do before I started and found this sticky.

I'm no software developer or computer programmer and often struggle with most things associated with my computer that involve downloading files, extracting files, compressing files, changing files etc.

The jlog device looks simple and the items in the box it was packaged in look familiar. I went to the jlog website and read about updating the SD card. Thought about skipping that step for fear of screwing something up and just seeing what happens...but I just stopped instead and thought I'd seek out some info before proceeding.

What makes no sense to me is the flash drive (if that is what it is called) that came in the jlog box. What is it used for, when to install???

John

edit: I have inserted the flash drive and found it to contain "Driver Software Installation" and I get the message, Your device is ready to use.

Note: I do not have a kontronik prog disc or the blue tooth device mentioned and was hoping to get up and running via Tx to program kosmik.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	609614  
Gaui X5 Jive 100 Scorpion 910, Jeti DS-16
john2kx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hallo,
Danke für die Antwort.
Habe ich natürlich alles Berücksichtigt
- die extra FW für den Jlog an Kosmik
- die Einstellung im ESC
- die Einstellung im Jlog

und trotzdem hab ich immer wieder diesen Fehler, habe so meine ich alles so gemacht wie bei j-log.eu Beschrieben.
Gruß Wolfgang
ikarus991 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well... START should describe the minimum required steps of initial setup..

JLog's functional variants grow and grow and grow - by more and more telemetry systems, by more and more complex sensors, ESC's etc, also so-called "JLog-own sensors" are more today than years ago.

The microcontroller is the same in all JLog 2.x (2[.0], 2.5, 2.6). It's memory capacity (flash ROM, RAM) since long is no longer sufficient to hold the entire firmware for all applications. So, after some less successful iterations in firmware deployment, we package firmware for main application bundles, - a certain complex sensor (ESC) + telemetry system. "JLog-own" sensor available in all as far as possible (pin usage). (I'm working since 2014 on an alternative, a successor, - all-in-one + reserves, which is very costly (for me)... New processor platform, tons of firmwares to be integrated in one, new configurator, new documentation () No idea when it will be finished.., this yr already? ).

So we currently have 7(ESC)*9(telemetry)=63 firmwares per JLog2.6 and 2.5, plus 9 for JLog2.6/2.5 as workaround for a bug in Kontronik's firmware of KOSMIK/JIVEpro (ESC firmware 4.6/1.6, 4.8/1.8), plus 4(ESC)*9(telemetry)=36 firmwares for JLog2.0, plus 14+9+5=28 firmwares for non-ESC complex sensors (HERKULES III, NAZA M, AC3Xv3). That are 208 firmwares, and, although the processor is always the same in JLog2.x, the platform differs also in terms of interfaces.

JLog as "mediator" (spider in the net) makes it visible: constant change and development in R/C regarding all integrated products, ESC's and telemetry systems.

Packaging: For each type of JLog (2, 2.5, 2.6) we have a firmware selector for downloading of the certain firmware.
Your downloader (for JLog2.6) is there.

Just select your ESC (KOSMIK) and telemetry (JETI).
If your KOSMIK runs a current firmware release, 4.6 or 4.8, then you'll need to use a special variant of JLog2.6's firmware for KOSMIK/JIVEpro+JETI which contains a workaround against a firmware bug in K's 4.6/4.8 messing up "rpm" running to JLog as "TelMe".

Part two of the workaround is to set the motor pole number in the ESC ("ratio" remains on 1:1) and use a pole number of 2 and the real ratio in JLog's setup (by JLC - via config file written to SD / read (learned) by JLog).

----------------------------------------------------
Ok. End of the preface.

Read this.

Your firmware downloader.
Already selected (by me ), your firmware:
- if KOSMIK's firmware is 4.6 or 4.8
- if KOSMIK's firmware is <4.6.

Download/install the configurator JLC. (it's .NET based, so needs Windows)

If you purchased a software enabler for logging by JLog itself: recently, we have a modified device for LogView because reading/processing of current from KOSMIK/JIVEpro have been changed in JLog for some reason..
Read here about log viewing with LogView.

Check the online manual page for your telemetry and your ESC.

Before you condemn me also, please remember that by constant changes, wrong turns and bugs - permanent movement is introduced through the many integrated products. JLog must respond immediately to keep it running. Unfortunately it is not that, for example, Jeti or Kontronik call ahead: Hey Tom, we are now implementing a new bug.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tom

Thanks for your reply. I'm making some progress.

How can I tell which firmware version I have with the Kosmik 200 (other than the provided manual states 4.5 on the cover. I thought the Jeti DS16 might show it and I did a short power up with Tx on, rx powered via Kosmik bec, but without doing a mode setup.

edit: I have the SD formatted but it looks like I need a progdisk or progunit to go any further. Is this the case?
Gaui X5 Jive 100 Scorpion 910, Jeti DS-16

Last edited by john2kx; 09-18-2015 at 01:57 PM..
john2kx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2015, 03:02 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
How can I tell which firmware version I have with the Kosmik 200
You should can find it on the SD (KOSMIK) after the ESC has initialized once.

Quote:
I thought the Jeti DS16 might show it and I did a short power up with Tx on, rx powered via Kosmik bec, but without doing a mode setup.
Good joke. How? Telepathy?

Quote:
I have the SD formatted but it looks like I need a progdisk or progunit to go any further. Is this the case?
Which one, from KOSMIK?
As said, ESC must have at least initialized (valid throttle pulse (idle pulse, so end points known to ESC!), motor connected).
PD or PU is needed to flash the fw of the KOSMIK, to setup the pole number for stage 2 of mentioned workaround if you go beyond version 4.5. PD or PU acting as interfaces, actual job by software under Win.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:15 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Was on the field today and did some test-flights with 4.8 and noticed something.

In general Imotor is a lot lower than before. Flying-style pretty close to what it was last time. Have to check some logs and see whats up.

Have not noticed anything else so far.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:17 PM   #68 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-Geek View Post
Was on the field today and did some test-flights with 4.8 and noticed something.

In general Imotor is a lot lower than before. Flying-style pretty close to what it was last time. Have to check some logs and see whats up.

Have not noticed anything else so far.
I read that they improved current usage to be more efficient. You should be able to verify by comparing comsumption, ie mah put back when recharging lipo.
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2015, 12:10 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Fitted a new Kosmik200 and with firmware 4.8, Jlog 2.5 with 25-K_J-96.17_kwa46 as the firmware. Telemetry to JR DMSS works as it should except rpm displayed goes lower with increase in throttle/governor settings. Very strange is that I did set 10 poles in Kosmik and 2 in JLog with gear ratio in JLog. Tried to set 1-1 in JLog and gear ratio in Kosmik and still the same.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kosmik: Motors pole-count, gear ratio as 1:1
JLog: Pole-count as 2, gear-ratio as what you have.

Since I'm finnish I just cant figure out what this means: "rpm displayed goes lower with increase in throttle/governor settings" so could you please open this up?
Old 10-24-2015, 01:40 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thks TeroS, got to the bottom of it, was the wrong file on the JLog, used 2.6 instead of 2.5, all sorted now.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2015, 02:11 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in