Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
Hi please check my attached config file @ msg #35, if you have HC software, I set "coll. pitch offset" to zero, and last 2 videos were taken with these settings, still believe fore-aft compensation is not as level as left-right (last video).
Hi Yes I think your right but so is mine but it flys fine, maybe thats the way it needs to be, flymentor is the same, I never change any of these settings exept for collective pitch travel and offset useing a pitch gauge and after trimming they both fly fine.
I always advise everybody to the use the factory settings for there first flights because I know that they work, it also provides a benchmark so if you make a change you know if its better or worst. Hope this helps Ivor
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

IMHO you seem to be making this difficult.
I would go back and get your helicopter set up mechanically first. Then use the default HC setting - you did save it before you started changing things?
Only change things like servo reverse to get the right reaction. When you are happy that the swash reacts correctly then it is time for first flight.
Take off with HC OFF, hold a steady hover,use trims if necessary, for at least eight seconds then land and press the 'Set Button'. HC will remember these settings. You should now be able to take off and use either Pos or Hor mode. It is not recommended to take off in Pos Mode. You may need to use your trims again to attain a steady hover, preferably in Hor Mode. Now you can sort out your gyro gain. If you intend to use Autotrim then you need to set all Tx trims to zero, again take off with HC off and use the Autotrim after your eight second hover. This possibly needs to be repeated a couple of times. If you change orientation and you get drift repeat. Autotrim enable you to do the corrections whilst flying, in any mode.
Once you happy that HC does what you expect then it is time to fine tune. You can alter servo travel to get the pitch range you require and make sure you have no binding.

Ian
Trooper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have just been catching up on your videos.
Its not a good idea to use Pos Mode indoors unless you are absolutely certainthe lighting is correct for the CCD camera. You can end up getting violent corrections leading to a crash. It will be OK in Hor mode.
I have had a look at you .hcc file the only point I would make is that your Coll Pitch travel needs to be about 90.
It would be nice to see screen dumps of the diag tab in the varios switch settings.

Ian
Old 01-24-2010, 05:57 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
IMHO you seem to be making this difficult.
I would go back and get your helicopter set up mechanically first. Then use the default HC setting - you did save it before you started changing things?
Only change things like servo reverse to get the right reaction. When you are happy that the swash reacts correctly then it is time for first flight.
Take off with HC OFF, hold a steady hover,use trims if necessary, for at least eight seconds then land and press the 'Set Button'. HC will remember these settings. You should now be able to take off and use either Pos or Hor mode. It is not recommended to take off in Pos Mode. You may need to use your trims again to attain a steady hover, preferably in Hor Mode. Now you can sort out your gyro gain. If you intend to use Autotrim then you need to set all Tx trims to zero, again take off with HC off and use the Autotrim after your eight second hover. This possibly needs to be repeated a couple of times. If you change orientation and you get drift repeat. Autotrim enable you to do the corrections whilst flying, in any mode.
Once you happy that HC does what you expect then it is time to fine tune. You can alter servo travel to get the pitch range you require and make sure you have no binding.

Ian
Hi, before installing HC,I made swash level with swash leveler, so it was all fine (all 90). After installing HC, swash badly tilted, thats why I made adjustments to make it more or less ok.
Yes I saved several copies with changes on filenames. I started with a reset from software.
Autotrim will be the next first thing I try. The good news from your message is, its possible to autotrim in OFF mode too. I was thinking its possible only in HOR or POS. In hor mode, my right hand is always busy with keeping heli away from walls because of strong left drift, cannot easily reach to trainer switch, even forget about 8sec solid hover. In OFF mode, think can handle this. (trainer switch's position is really wrong, for this purpose)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
I have just been catching up on your videos.
Its not a good idea to use Pos Mode indoors unless you are absolutely certainthe lighting is correct for the CCD camera. You can end up getting violent corrections leading to a crash. It will be OK in Hor mode.
I have had a look at you .hcc file the only point I would make is that your Coll Pitch travel needs to be about 90.
It would be nice to see screen dumps of the diag tab in the varios switch settings.
Ian
I just wanted to test POS mode, after seeing HOR mode is not too bad, will not go crazy. Unfortunately I am away from home at the moment, will go back in a few days and will add screen caps for each switch position.

regards,
Alp
* T-rex 600 ALU, 3152 x 3, 600XL, align 75A, Logictech 6100 Combo, Helicommand 3D.
ontheway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 06:41 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hi, before installing HC,I made swash level with swash leveler, so it was all fine (all 90). After installing HC, swash badly tilted, thats why I made adjustments to make it more or less ok.
It does say in the instructions 'The swashplate should now be exactly horizontal; if not, adjust it at this stage.Coarse adjustment: there should be a point in the middle of the collective pitch range where all the servo output arms are at neutral simultaneously. If not, unscrew the output arms and replace them in the correct position. For fi ne-tuning: adjust the pushrods and / or use the transmitter trims and then use the SET button so that the HeliCommand “learns” them again.'

Quote:
Yes I saved several copies with changes on filenames. I started with a reset from software.
Glad you did that, its good to do as you change things so if something doesn't work out you can go back to a working set up.

Quote:
Autotrim will be the next first thing I try. The good news from your message is, its possible to autotrim in OFF mode too. I was thinking its possible only in HOR or POS. In hor mode, my right hand is always busy with keeping heli away from walls because of strong left drift, cannot easily reach to trainer switch, even forget about 8sec solid hover. In OFF mode, think can handle this. (trainer switch's position is really wrong, for this purpose)
I agree the switch is a little awkward to get at but you will gradually get used to it. You may find when you use Autotrim the first time you get a lot of servo movement, but it does get better and is prefered to the Set Button routine.

Let us know how you get on when you get back.

Ian
Old 01-26-2010, 01:54 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

By the way you don't have to use the Trainer switch (H), you can use any one you like such as switch D, normally Aileron Dual Rate. You just have to make sure you only have it ON for a split second as that is all it needs and don't leave it permanently on.

Ian
Old 01-26-2010, 05:31 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello ontheway

Hi have Futaba 7c radio and Assan 410 gyro but i dont know how config that

can you help and tell me eath values do you have in gyro menu?

Thanks
gopark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopark View Post
Hello ontheway

Hi have Futaba 7c radio and Assan 410 gyro but i dont know how config that

can you help and tell me eath values do you have in gyro menu?

Thanks
I set gains for helicommand internal gyro about 20. If you mean gains for 410 alone, as far as I remember, about 55 HH.
* T-rex 600 ALU, 3152 x 3, 600XL, align 75A, Logictech 6100 Combo, Helicommand 3D.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just qant to config the assn 410 and Futaba 7c but i dont know what is the best values to put in menu gyro on radio.
gopark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopark View Post
I just qant to config the assn 410 and Futaba 7c but i dont know what is the best values to put in menu gyro on radio.
The best gains can only be found by trial and error it depends on tail type of tail servo. Try 60 atv and 60 normal to start. If tail wags reduce gain if it does not increase untill it does and then reduce untill it stops. Hope this helps Ivor
Old 02-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default It works!

hi, finally I made it!

After tweaking sensor gain a bit, in POS mode it holds like below:

[ame]http://www.vimeo.com/9156506[/ame]

Autotrim feature also tested and works, but not precise enough, it corrects drift to a direction but add more drift to another direction. With such stability in POS mode above, it may be better to trim it in this mode I guess...
Old 02-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
hi, finally I made it!

After tweaking sensor gain a bit, in POS mode it holds like below:

http://www.vimeo.com/9156506

Autotrim feature also tested and works, but not precise enough, it corrects drift to a direction but add more drift to another direction. With such stability in POS mode above, it may be better to trim it in this mode I guess...
Looks good. Yes you should trim in position mode first. I trim 2or3 times every time I use them because my batteries are different weights and its so easy.Be carfull when you remove the legs you will need to trim again. Ivor
Old 02-06-2010, 04:48 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
Looks good. Yes you should trim in position mode first. I trim 2or3 times every time I use them because my batteries are different weights and its so easy.Be carfull when you remove the legs you will need to trim again. Ivor
Hi, I want to thank you all for the invaluable help. I will add screen caps of of current settings for the video above soon.

regards,
Alp

Tags
faast, futaba 7c, helicommand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in