Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage Velocity 50 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 50 Nitro Outrage Velocity 50 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Velocity 50 new to the game....

Well here goes. I posted an introduction in the newbie intro section. I forgot to mention i am in Nashville TN.

So after many many years of RC I took the heli plunge. I am pretty seasoned guy with countless planes under my belt. As well as countless cars. I bought a Velocity 50. I have attached a couple pics. I set it up with a Novarossi 57, Novarossi pipe, Outrage servos, Spartan Quark gyro, Spectrum 7610 (I think) receiver, Rotortech 610mm blades, 3400ma battery with push glo. I also bought another kit so i have all the spare parts i need. I am sure that will turn in to a complete bird soon. Heli has not been airborne yet i have a few items to wrap up and was hoping to get some input from you all so here goes...

1. I do not like the linkages that come with the kit. I really want to use turn buckles like lunsford makes for cars but i am not sure if any one offers a turnbuckle package for different helis. Do you???? This would save me having to figure out all the lengths i need and buy individually.

2. I have a 9303 that is practically new but it is old mhz type and i was considering having it converted to 2.4. Anyone see any reason why i should not do this vs just buying a new DX8. I love my 9303 but do not know the advantages or disadvantages of the converting option offered by Horizon.

Well I'm stoked to be a "FREAK". Thank you for reading. I hope to go to IRCHA this year. (or is it URCHA???) This is my first ever post on a forum of any kind so please forgive any annoyances. (is that a word?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	mail-4.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	313955

Name:	mail-1.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	313957

Name:	mail-5.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	313954

Name:	mail-2.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	313956
DeanR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

don't lose faith in the links they break in nicely

dont ditch the 9303 by all means throw a 2.4 module in it and keep on truckin i live and die by the 9303/9503. its one of the view models that hasn't had to be revamped over the years
rotor head33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the feed back. I love the feel of my 9303. Plus I can covert it 75 bucks!

My issue with the linkages isn't the ball end part. I read a lot of complaints about them being tight on the ball. I think that is good. It's the rods that stink. And the fit of the rod to the ball end. I split a couple while threading which makes me nervous. Heli direct sent me new set. I also don't like having to pop linkage off to make adjustments. Seems silly. No biggie just seems like a dated solution to not be using turnbuckles.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i always heat mine up slightly when first threading them and i must say i am the same way since i want my heli mechanically PERFECT when i fly so I'm constantly adjusting
Old 05-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Enjoy your heli DeanR.

aerosmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. I intend to. All the wat to the ground!!!! Lol!

Rotor Head, thanks for he heat tip! It worked liked a dream. I'll never thread another ball link again without heating the rod first. Awesome tip. What was I thinking....
Old 05-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

haha no problem glad i could help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in