Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam

Beam Beam Helicopters Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Beam head asembly problem

Hi all!

I just bought this beam and one problem what i canīt figure out. when I tighten feathering shaft bolts grip guide rub in rotor hub. I have no idea why this and what I have missed. There shuld be everything like manual says. Do you guys have idea what am I doing wrong.

Thanks!

Heres photo my head assembly:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9878299/Kop...am%20nuppi.jpg
jaysam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you post a photo of what it looks like when you assemble it? I'm not sure I understand what you mean?
lowey79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sure.

Hereīs couple photo:

What iīm trying explain in my bad english is that grip guide (red one) is closed in main hub, but there should be cap in those two things.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

That looks to me like you've not got enough head dampers, causing the spacer to push inside the head. There should be three o-ring style dampers on either side?

Or the thin spacers in your picture are stuck on the end of the feathering shaft, not slid over it as it should be?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
col
Registered Users

Pull the head apart and double check everything, it does look like your midding the 'O' rings..
col is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you install the spacer between the damper orings (3 each side) and the grip? Something is definitely installed out of order from what I can tell. Did you pull the thrust bearings out to grease them? Maybe the bearings aren't quite seated in the grips?

If it's assembled correctly, you should have about a 0.5mm gap between each grip and the head block.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all and thanks for help.

I think I have found problem.

There are in head two kind spacers.two of those should be 8x0.5mm and another should be 9,6x0,5mm.

I checked everything and noticed that my spacer are all 8x0,5mm

Now I just have to found somewhere right sizeīs spacer and hopefully Iīm clear of this problem and I can focus on installing electronics at this heli.
Thanks everybody for help and cya!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The small spacers are the same size, they're just written different in the manual. You should have a 3mm and a 0.5mm spacer between the head block and the grip. The other 2 spacers go between the outer thrust bearing race and the outer radial bearing in each grip.

The gap is tight when it's installed correctly, so if everything is in the right order and both grips are still hitting the head, then the bearings might not be seated in the grips properly?
Old 01-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all,

Sorry for long delay of answer. I have been little bit busy lately and I have not really time to focus on my beam.

But good news are that the head problem is solved and answer was there where you guys suggested. inside of bladeholder bearing was not seated properly which cause problem so thanks again for help.

Otherwise this beam project goes pretty nice and soon I have rest of electronics so itīs look like I get this thing flying early spring as I planned.

One question however, came to mind. When assembly main mast there was a few extra spacer to make sure that mast gets no loose and itīs fixed now, but how about that main gear, whether it should be fixes position? my beam there are gap in main gear and now way i have enough those spacers to get main gear stay on position. In fact i have two sets those spacerīs and not sure even that is enough.

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you might have a bearing block installed upside down. The top bearing faces up, and the lower two bearings face each other.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The lower bearing block is also also sat in slotted holes, so you can slide it up and down a small amount. If it's a larger movement then I think Loweys suggestion will be your answer.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well then, you learn something new every day! Didn't notice the holes were slotted...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in