Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Doing a complete rebuild with Spektrum H3000 servos, have an ESC question?

Ok, I'm FINALLY rebuilding this bird after almost 2 years since its seen airtime. i have another 450x but thought it would be fun to rebuild one in my spare time since i have an absurdly amount of spare parts.....

So, my question is...... Should I swap out the stock ESC for a much better one? i know I probably should. but I'd rather hear it from the experts (You Guys) that have more experience behind the sticks than i do. Spektrum H3000 cyclics with a Spektrum H5020G for my Tail servo.

before the wind took this heli for a ride he nor I will EVER forget..... when i would come back from a hard turn coming out of a figure 8, the tail would slap the air pretty violently. Was that do to my gain not being adjusted properly, or my ESC being over loaded?

I do very mild 3D, mainly just inverted flying for now

If I need to get a better ESC, does anyone have a good suggestion? thanks for your input

BnC
BlazdNConfuzd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi there! an upgraded ESC is considered a "must" by some, and I would argue that if you're rebuilding it anyway, might as well junk the stock ESC and get a CC Lite 50A and never look back.

As far as your tail wag, that can be from mechanical or electronic gain. First try to assess if you have too much mechanical gain i.e. resistance in your tail servo throw, binding, tail servo not centered, etc. If you've verified that, then start slowly backing out the gain until the tail calms down. Some folks have had a persistent tail wag issue despite best efforts, but that's in very rare cases.
Flipwit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for your suggestion and your inputs my tail seemed to have the same throw from left to right and was properly centered at that time. I was messing around with the gain on my BeastX a lot, I'm sure that was the problem at the time.

I've been looking into the ice lite 50 actually, as well as the Phoenix edge lite 50. Can anyone who has one or the other or both, please elaborate on which would be best? I remember the ice lite 50 being around several years ago. Is the Phoenix edge lite 50 any better, or just newer, or just as old?

BnC
Old 02-19-2015, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default H3000 &H5030G

I went down this path ,I've linked my thread for a read.
I had to replace my H3000 for H3020 due to a potentiometer problem with two servos , they had the jitters with no replacements available I needed to replace all thee cyclic servos under warranty luckily which was a pitty I really liked those servos.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...spektrum+H3000
Old 02-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by night wolf d View Post
I went down this path ,I've linked my thread for a read.
I had to replace my H3000 for H3020 due to a potentiometer problem with two servos , they had the jitters with no replacements available I needed to replace all thee cyclic servos under warranty luckily which was a pitty I really liked those servos.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...spektrum+H3000
Daaaaaaamn!!!!! (Ted Night in Caddy shack) i hope i don't have to replace these servos, they were ROCK SOLID before i wrecked this bird 2 years ago, LoL.....

i don't remember going through all the trouble you mentioned in that thread. i only remember changing the settings in the AR7200BX after replacing the servos. Maybe that's only because i kept everything stock, other than ALL the servos! I guess i'll know what problems i'm going to run into in the coming weeks. I'm hopeful all the servos still work the same. But that was YEARS ago I KNOW that they're REALLY old. But being hopeful is ALL I've got right now unfortunately, until the couple of parts i need come in early next week!!!!

BnC
Old 02-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just rebuilt my 450x also.

I added a CC Edge Lite 50, and Lynx CF landing skid. If you add the ESC and plan on using the governor.....get an 11 or 12 tooth pinion. It helps the ESC / governor keep the head-speed in the right range.

Going to be rebuilding with the Lynx CF frame and add a Scorpion 2221-8 motor also. I should have just rebuilt on the CF frame the first time, because I'm not at all a fan of the 450x plastic frame. Live an learn I guess.

If there is any question on the servos, you are better off to replace them. I'm running the Align DS426M on the tail, and the Align DS416M would be a good choice for cyclic. For $100 you can be sure not to have issues.

I had a Spektrum 5020G on my 450x's tail, but seemed too heavy and screwed up the CG. The Align is a lot lighter and faster.

Likely in your current setup your tail gain is too high. Just go down a couple points at a time until the wag goes away. On my DX9 my gain is set to 30 with the Align tail servo.
XRedJar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in