Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 425

Hurricane 425 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 425

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 07:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WessCo View Post
If you don't have problems with it, that's fine. The OP posted that he was only running at 60% - 70% throttle the whole time. The head speed with the original gearing with this 1400kV motor pretty high. He didn't need that high of head speed, so he reduced it with the throttle. If you'll look around, you'll find that the motor and esc will run cooler at 100%. So I was suggesting changing the gearing to get the head speed that he's looking for and then set up a 100 flat curve on the throttle.

Just like on your smaller heli, if you'd do a pinion change to get your head speed the same on a flat 100 throttle curve, it'll feel the same and you're not choking the motor and esc back any.
Thanks for the info. I autally have my heli set to the same HS in St1 ans St2 that's why I do not switch to st2, my heli had the smaller pinion on it and 2604 is the max i can get out of it. I thought if your running set gov mode then the radio doesn't matter if its on 50,80,100 Or is he not running set gov cause that's what I run.

my setup has been set up for a year and it works nothing gets hardly warm even flying 50C+ packs so happy but this one i am building I want to fully understand.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This problem doesn't have anything to do with the radio, so don't get confused. This flat 100 curve, that I'm talking about, is bypassing the governor and letting the motor run at 100% the whole time.
WessCo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you do not use gov mod at all..... you don't like gov mod? I think its great to be able to set the esc to the HS you wish.

again just trying to fully understand.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

BINGO! No governor at all. The motor is running wide open in idle up. The head speed will be as high as it'll go. The motor and esc will run cooler.

This whole thing is talking about how to make the motor run cooler and not go into thermal shut down.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WessCo View Post
BINGO! No governor at all. The motor is running wide open in idle up. The head speed will be as high as it'll go. The motor and esc will run cooler.

This whole thing is talking about how to make the motor run cooler and not go into thermal shut down.
Oh. alright, well so I understand now why you was talking about the proper gearing you would have to get the right gearing to do that.

I myself love gov mod maybe its not the way to get everything to run cool. I plan to use the motor he had issues with as it seems from the caculator to be the one I need for the hs I want. I am going to try to gear it as close as I can to what I want 2500-2600HS. I will set it in the esc to what i want It is hot here now during day 90's but i do not fly when its that hot. but will watch the temps.

You know more about heli's then I do see i always thought you had to run a V curve in stunt modes like 90 85 80 85 90 didn't know it was okay to run a flat curve w/o using gov mod.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Oh. alright, well so I understand now why you was talking about the proper gearing you would have to get the right gearing to do that.

I myself love gov mod maybe its not the way to get everything to run cool. I plan to use the motor he had issues with as it seems from the caculator to be the one I need for the hs I want. I am going to try to gear it as close as I can to what I want 2500-2600HS. I will set it in the esc to what i want It is hot here now during day 90's but i do not fly when its that hot. but will watch the temps.

You know more about heli's then I do see i always thought you had to run a V curve in stunt modes like 90 85 80 85 90 didn't know it was okay to run a flat curve w/o using gov mod.
It'll be fine...maybe
Old 08-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

uh huh.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in