Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Upgraded to the T-rex 450

Woo Hoo! I finally got the nerve to try flying the T-rex 450 and I LOVE IT!!! It is so much more stable and of course bigger than the mCPX. Although I still love flying that too. I was surprised how easy it was to fly.

A couple weeks ago I tried it out with the training gear on. This past weekend we took the training gear off (the hubby still flies this one too) and I hovered, did a little moving around and even some pyros. Woot! Below is a video of me flying it. I didn't know my husband was recording. He knows I fly even worse when I know the camera is on. (^_^) I'm still pretty new so I mostly just hover & go forwards & back, but I did do 2 pyros.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

very good
Trex 500 stock ,trex 500 fbl (beastx ) , 500 scale ,Trex 550e , MFA 500,.Micromold Lark
sircol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircol View Post
very good
Welcome to the heli club. You're doing great there. Almost ready for side hovering and nose in hovering.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks! I love the hobby.

Nose in! ai Yi Yi! that's still a scary one for me, but by the end of the summer I will have it down. With the MCPx I can do figure eights and side hovering is getting better. But I only attempted the nose in once with the MCPx and wow, was that weird. I love mastering new things tho so I'll keep working on it.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

yay!!! you go girl!!! I have to say that I am finally flying the mcpx forward flight a little and have done a few back flips... Still have a long way to go but will get there... Keep up the good work chic! It be sooo much fun when they are a lot girls out flying the boys lol
epoweredrcgirl09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrcgirl09 View Post
yay!!! you go girl!!! I have to say that I am finally flying the mcpx forward flight a little and have done a few back flips... Still have a long way to go but will get there... Keep up the good work chic! It be sooo much fun when they are a lot girls out flying the boys lol
Yay, Thanks! (^_^) And yay for you too! I'm right there with ya on the mcpx. I'm doing figure eights, but not so good on the left side. I've flipped it a couple times just recently. It was so exciting! And the cool thing about the mcpx is you don't need as much room. And yeah, it would be fun to have some girls out flying the guys! There is one other girl I've seen at our field but she's learning planes. Which, cool thing that happened last weekend, one of our friends at the field let me buddy box his Slow Stick Plane. It was the first time I had ever flown a plane. Fun Fun! Weird feeling for sure though. Well, hope your having good fly weather! Happy flying! (^_^)
Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I aint a fan of the slow stick since it not good 3d plane.. it dnt 3d then it gets boring at times lol..
I fly a foamie 3d yak 54 and i fly my bf aj slick on bb sometimes im getting my own mcpx in mail and gonna pink it out. Just got my pink landing skids in the mail today im a rc chic im into planes heli n cars/trucks

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do love Trucks too, especially a big beautiful Dodge, lol. My hubby told me too the slow stick isn't really a good choice for me to start with. Its so sensitive. But I'm glad Walt appreciates my flying like that. I would definitely see how once you can fly 3d, that would be what you would want to do. I love to watch it.

How's your flipping the mcpx coming along? I sorta feel like I've taken a few steps back in my skills because I don't have much to fly right now. The Brushless motor went out in our Mcpx, but instead of fixing it we decided to get a 130X. It was REALLY fraking cool for about 1 day, and all the pieces keep flying off of it. My husband has been on the phone so many times with Horizon, which they're great in trying to help, but that was a LOT of money to not be able to fly the heli since we've had it. I'm so bummed out about it, and I want to fix the mcpx. I'm having withdraws! lol
Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm a Ford girl
I have been really busy with school and work. Not flown much lately, but hopefully I can get some flying in soon. My bf has a brushless mcpx but mine is stock with an extended boom.

Oh man that sucks. I would have just fixed the mcpx. I knew the 130x would have problems since the main blades on the mcpx would fly off on people when first came out. I will wait till they fix the problems before I decide to get one lol.

My bf said if you set up the slow stick right that it wouldn't be so sensitive and it be a good one to learn on. The super cub is another good one to learn to fly planes on. Electro stick is what I learned on. If you want to learn how to fly 3d on a plane a yak or extra 300 3d is a good one to learn 3d on.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yesterday Tony finished upgrading our T-rex 450 sport! I haven't flown it personally yet, but I watched him yesterday. We upgraded to a flybarless head & BeastX gyro. Yay! I can't wait to fly it.

We bought a little cub off a lady at the field. Its yellow & missing the front cowling (spell?) & prop, the motor is just dangling there. It was free with the Sail Boat she was selling. We got the boat for my FIL, who loves going out on the lake. Its soo pretty though, neither of us can imagine putting it in water! lol But if its possible, this little yellow cub I would like to fix up & put some star trek stickers on it. It already has NCC on it plus some numbers I don't remember, so it wouldn't be too hard to make it read NC1701! lol I'm a dork, but I love it!

Hope you get to get out flying soon. Its been sooo stankin' hot, its hard to be outside long. ugh! Which is really bad for my skills because I feel like a newbie everytime I pick up the controller.

Happy Flying!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

(I'm a dude, but I thought I'd respond anyway...)

If you like flipping your MCPX, wait until you get the nerve up to flip a 450 - it's SOOO much easier. I learned first on my MCPX, too. I couldn't believe how much easier the 450 went over and stayed where I put it.

Of course if you have a sim, that's the place to practice. But learning to be gentle when flipping the MCPX was an added bonus for me - made the transition to the 450 really easy.

Nice flying in the vid, BTW - looks like you've got pretty good control.
DX8
FFF_Ferret is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks! Yeah, I can't even Begin to think about flipping that 450 yet, but if we can get her all squared away I'm hoping by the end of the summer to have Forward Flight & at least a quick flip down. We just upgraded the head to flybarless, which in turn we had to replace the ESC and also get a BEC so of course something we were getting from a friend for a deal still ended up costing more $$! lol But of course that's how the hobby goes. Its never just 1 part to change out.

But the new ESC will be here this week and she'll be up and running asap. In the meantime my hubby showed me how to turn down the % on the simulator (Phoenix RC). This has helped a lot so I can focus more on the stick movements. I will have to try a slower, more controlled flip with the mcpx though too. (^_^) Keeping that bad boy in a slow controlled motion definitely takes some practice! hehe
Old 07-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh and we're getting some Radix blades too! yay!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in