Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

so coming in late here on the GT-5. whats the overall take on the unit for hard 3D?
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've personally seen it run on a new Raptor G4 performing some very decent hard smack 3D and it was magnificent to watch...

If setup right - it will hold it's own with the best I feel..

The raptor G4 had nearly default settings.. whereas i had to tweak it a lot on my 450 and was then basically as good as my beastx.. but a little different feel...

So it will depend on your tuning efforts I guess.. but the potential is definitely there..
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's working well so far in piro manoeuvres on the 7 hv, i.e. piro funnels, rainbows, loops etc, which says a lot more imop than how it smacks as you need consistency with these manouvres, but overall id say pretty good, I still have to get used to the agility as it flips and rolls very fast but through piro flips it feels a little lethargic compared to high agility on vbar, I've maxed out agility to 127 so will see if it works
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Total gain parameter in the transmitter may have a positive or a negative value (+100 or -100). Which option to choose (+ or -)? Or the GT-5 can operate in a 'Normal' (+100), or in the 'Head lock' (-100), as in the classical gyroscope?
ARS555 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

You must have 100 running against a black background, not white
Old 12-07-2011, 03:14 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stolla, thanks for the answer.
One more issue: for the high stability I need to increase the options swachplate "I" and "hovering"?
Old 12-07-2011, 05:18 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

For high stability yes hovering but it's so stable you dont need to do individual parameters, rather set your ail and el values in setup under swash a little lower and add expo.
MAke sure your geometry is good so it doesnt bind out of setup and have a read at the setup guide, https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=360297 and my posting on setup there
Old 12-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, thanks.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still haven't got the chance to test out my setup yet, 25-28mph winds here in the UK, I do however have another question for the Sbus connected guys, on the main display at the bottom it shows Rc With a cricled "!". Is this right when it's set to Sbus or do I need to reset something? I did select Sbus then bound my Rx to Tx before setup so I now wonder if it's ok as it is.
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

We're having the same kind of winds down here ATM. Got to test the 500 GT5 in the wind today

I have not noticed what you described but I have the heli in the trunk so I'll check that in a bit and report back
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemore74 View Post
I still haven't got the chance to test out my setup yet, 25-28mph winds here in the UK, I do however have another question for the Sbus connected guys, on the main display at the bottom it shows Rc With a cricled "!". Is this right when it's set to Sbus or do I need to reset something? I did select Sbus then bound my Rx to Tx before setup so I now wonder if it's ok as it is.
I have ! icon on all of my G-T5 units.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I'm good then, I just noticed it today and thought, "was I test flying my precious Kasama the other day & there was a Rx problem"
Now for this darn wind to ease up so I can test this thing again.
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalko View Post
I have ! icon on all of my G-T5 units.
Well then I think you might have an RX problem. I have just powered on both of my gt5s and they had the same icon but as soon as I bounded it with my satellite then it showed a radio icon to let me know that it had signal.

I am not sure if it will be the same if you use a normal rx but will check when I have the time. So if you are using satellites be careful
Euwan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sbus Rx here and I do have thr ! Icon
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yesterday i tried positive and negative total gain values (-100, +100). My G-T5 is still in HH mode and in my TDR G-T5 behave same with positive and negative values.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 02:31 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Swalko, I also did it. GT-5 also was in the mode of HH. However, my heli was a little bit more stable than during hovering. I will check it again. But perhaps the explanation for this - Instructions for AC-3X, Section 2.7 "Tools", "Parameter Switching"? Maybe "+ or -" change "servo pulse length"?
Old 12-11-2011, 03:40 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARS555 View Post
Swalko, I also did it. GT-5 also was in the mode of HH. However, my heli was a little bit more stable than during hovering. I will check it again. But perhaps the explanation for this - Instructions for AC-3X, Section 2.7 "Tools", "Parameter Switching"? Maybe "+ or -" change "servo pulse length"?
I have noticed that when you give it a negative value the value is highlighted. Is this meant to mean rate mode?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:25 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Euwan, negative total gain on the display GT-5 - black on white background value. Are you asking about this?
What if this is changed I want to understand. If the change is + / - affects the servo pulse length, of course it will change the mode servo. Answer I do not know yet.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

i found that aginst white background piro compensation doesn t work, you can tweak it wth dma one direction but not the other, like in a rainbow one way tail hold the other way it breaks free completely so didnt work for me
Old 12-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARS555 View Post
Euwan, negative total gain on the display GT-5 - black on white background value. Are you asking about this?
What if this is changed I want to understand. If the change is + / - affects the servo pulse length, of course it will change the mode servo. Answer I do not know yet.
Lol yeah that is what I am wondering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in