Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The new Fat Shark glasses - worth the wait?

I am putting my FPV setup together and I haven't gotten goggles yet. I read that Fat Shark is coming out soon with the AttitudeSD model. Is it worth the wait instead of picking up one of their available models?

By the way, What Fatsharks ARE currently available? Are the Aviator Edition the next best way to go?

What to do... What to do....
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The AttitudeSD look ok because they have adjustable IPD, but the FOV in only 35 deg.. not good because the screen will look tiny compared to other goggles.

The resolution is also vga, so no better than other goggles either.
jolyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hmm... It seems that almost all the other FatShark glasses are only 30 degrees of FOV except the Aviator Edition.

That being the case, isn't the AttitudeSD an improvement over the others in the FOV department?

Maybe I'm interpreting FOV incorrectly. What should I look for in FPV oriented video goggles? I am ready to buy, but I don't want to get the Dominator's if there is a model that will work better coming out right after I buy something else.

Thanks for the advice though.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma251 View Post
Hmm... It seems that almost all the other FatShark glasses are only 30 degrees of FOV except the Aviator Edition.

That being the case, isn't the AttitudeSD an improvement over the others in the FOV department?

Maybe I'm interpreting FOV incorrectly. What should I look for in FPV oriented video goggles? I am ready to buy, but I don't want to get the Dominator's if there is a model that will work better coming out right after I buy something else.

Thanks for the advice though.
Nope, if im not mistaken predator is 45° FOV, and dominator is even wider than that.

FOV is personal preference, some people like a really wide FOV, while others like it narrower so text is easier to read

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dominater has 30º diagonal FOV (45" @ 7'):
http://www.fatshark.com/pages/domina...nator-spec.pdf
And the Predator has 25º FOV (38" @ 7'):
http://www.fatshark.com/pages/predat...dator-spec.pdf

I'm really interested in glasses that gives you a wide FOV, has anyone found any glasses with FOV wider than the 46º, that the Fatshark RCV922AE 5G8 gives?
krasse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I stand corrected. My mistake

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just bought a pair of Dominator's. Will let you know what I think once they arrive.
tmcmurran is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Predators are the low-end Fatshark product. They have had many problems. for a few extra bucks, get at least the Dominators. Much better goggles. You definitely get what you pay for.
Jesus is Lord Happy Flying
AzChopp3r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in