Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 AM   #2001 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Guys,

2000 posts and still going strong!!!

I just come online to upload my recent crash vid & pics, but I just got sidetracked watching Brian's vid as I had to upgrade my quicktime player to run it.

Anyway, I'm just uploading them to youtube in another window so will be available soon.

Denis aka Copterboy!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2008, 09:30 AM   #2002 (permalink)
Registered Users

This video was supposed to demonstrate the stability of the new copterx head & tail, and also running the servo's at 6v for improved performance. You will see that from getting out of a couple of close calls (trying to keep the heli close to camera and in shot was tricky with the wind and ground effect).

Notably, this does not make up for a pilot with dizzy thumbs. I was stood behind the camera so I was almost nose-in when it alll went wrong. You can hear me go wow! as I saw it hit the floor. The laughing that follows is relief I got it on video to show you guy's!!!

This is how I found her on the floor....the canopy was thrown a few feet away so it somehow managed to survive the carnage.

And finally....back from the dead.....Belt-CP V3!!!! Or just a t-rex in disguise

TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 09:33 AM   #2003 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh good grief, I am turning into Jack. I went looking at the mCX, partly because of Jack's recommendation, and then seconded by Brian, and then thirded by the excellent video from Chelsea? I thought that looks fun, I'll see how much they are. When I then saw that I could buy it without the transmitter, which would have annoyed me as yet another wasted piece of kit, I just went, click buy, argghh, what have I done. Oh well, another £56 bites the dust. I barely even shopped around, I just impulse bought, and that is not like me. Usually takes me days or weeks to part with money, but not for heli bits. Please no one post anymore videos of things I might want, I have spent too much on this hobby recently.
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 09:34 AM   #2004 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTboy View Post
World of warcrafts I think.. Isnt that the game some people get so hooked to they end up killing there selfs?
Omg, all my mates got hooked on that and it was soo boring. And these guys aren't the type that play games. They like sport. But one of them introduced them all to it and they were all like zombies lol.

Denis, looking forward to seeing your vids. I got a 1010C charger today but I am going to send it back lol. Too expensive. I said earlier. I got this really good charger and now I got to send it back because it's useless to me. And my dad said "Buy the other part then" I said "If you buy it for me then ok" And he didn't say no

Progress report

I wouldn't call this progress but I did my first (Tiny) auto on the trex 500 today. On the 450 I do it all the time but I thought let's see what it's like on the 500. And omg!! On the 450 as soon as I throttle hold the heli falls and you need to give like full positive for a soft landing (When close to the floor) When I flicked throttle hold on the T500 I expected the same (Heli falls, give some positive by the floor) But I gave positive and the heli still had so much speed and it actually popped up. So the auto wasn't perfect because I gave too much positive. I could have easily softly landed with barley any +ve. The heli just kind of 'stays there' in mid air with no power. With the 450 it 'falls' Next flight is going to be even higher of course. That was just a test. And next time I know how the heli is going to act when I flick throttle hold. I'm going to practise forward moving, high auto's on the 450 soon too When the weather allows.

EDIT: Nice skill Denis. The side in and nose in was good practise and spinning to tail in when your brain got confused is the best way to do it. It is also good practise for turning Soz about the crash. I did that when I tried nose in the other day. Luckily I turned it to side-in and landed it quickly. But there was a hump of long grass next to the blades and it was chopping up the grass lol. No damage though

-Jonny
Old 12-31-2008, 09:45 AM   #2005 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Aww Dennis

She did look nice and stable and agile too what a pity
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 09:58 AM   #2006 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The off screen crunch made me cringe. A sound that I am sadly all too familiar with. Sorry you crashed but I guess it isn't too bad eh, at least the battery looks okay. Nice work until you went out of sight though.
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #2007 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dennis,

Nice video, shame about the crash she looked like you had her set up pretty nice.

Jonny/MTBoy...yeah...world of warfcraft...they get immersed in it and disappear inside the computer for hours on end. Some kid in Finland or Norway or one of the Scandinavian countries DIED last month after playing it for like 3 days straight or something like that.

Sutty...the mCX is a blast to fly. It's unbelievable how long the batts last. I bought 2 spares (they are only $10 each) and with keeping one on the charger all the time you can almost fly it constantly. I also got the bind and fly version for $99. Wanted her to get used to having a full size TX in her hands. It's her favorite xmas present and I have to fight her for stick time on it...lol

P.S. Tape a flybar weight inside the nose of the canpoy for much faster FF...lol

T-Rex 600 GF, 600XL, Stock ESC, 11t, Align DS610's, s9251,GY601 gyro, AR6200, ZIPPY 6s1P FOREVER!
testpilot58d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #2008 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Brian I'm impressed! Looks like you're going to be the new camera girl....I mean man!
Nice smooth flying in only a week! 1:30am and she wanted to fly you must be the happiest dad in the world!

Denis it was nice and stable! It was looking good to until! Looks like You, Mike, and myself should start a club! The 3 of us have all completely ripped the top off our Belts! We can call it the Rotorheadless Horsemen club or The Choppers I guess we do what we "half" to!

Jonny "he didn't say no" but did he say yes(fingers crossed)
Be careful trying autos with the 450 Jonny. I do my simi-autos at 10' (3.5M) and thats all I can trust it! Even with a very smooth running rotor and heavy blades and a slight motor assist.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:46 AM   #2009 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sutty I have 5 helis and I can think of at least 5 more I want the only thing stopping me is no money. So don't feel bad! I don't really see having too many as a problem! The problem is when you have all these cool helis and you have no time to fly because you are too busy jumping for joy and ckicking your heels!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:50 AM   #2010 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

.......still think we can put it all down to Jack though, Chad.................

Mike LOL
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 10:54 AM   #2011 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

poor Jack!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 AM   #2012 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't get it. If you started feeling ill from playing a game surely you would lay down for a bit and have a drink, something to eat and have a stretch. I can't see how someone can just die without knowing something is wrong. Surely he started to feel ill while he was playing it. Or maybe she.

Chad, he kind of said yes. I was like "So your going to buy it then are you?" And he said "Yeah" But I don't know if he was being sarcastic or not because he was getting ready to go out and was rushing.

As for the auto's. I have done them from about 6 - 7ft or probably more on the 450. But any higher than that and the heli is going to need forward momentum and better collective controll to keep the blades spinning longer etc. Might as well learn for when I am going to need to do unexpected autos on the 600NSP

-Jonny
Old 12-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #2013 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok guys...I'm outta here for a cpl days, Heading down to my parents for the New Years. Be back Sun night.

Keep em in the air!

T-Rex 600 GF, 600XL, Stock ESC, 11t, Align DS610's, s9251,GY601 gyro, AR6200, ZIPPY 6s1P FOREVER!
testpilot58d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 12:05 PM   #2014 (permalink)
Registered Users

My uncle is comeing over today (Mothers side) He and his partener come here every year. And we got some cheap rockets from lidl (£7) and they are worth £20. These things are super loud. I am sure they put extra gun powder in them or somthing lol. Really nice dispaly they make too

Happy new year Brian. And everyone

-Jonny
Old 12-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #2015 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Happy New Year! I haven't done fireworks in years, but now the nanny state crowd is whining to get them banned because it turns out it's not safe to light them in your mouth... so this year I'm going to blow the living s**t out of the immediate vicinity just on general principle

Of course I had to find a promising rocket battery thing, and I'm saving a couple of packs. There has to be a reliable way to ignite them remotely.

Oh yeah, and I currently have a WoW Zombie visiting... Even brought a laptop so she won't have to go a full night without her fix. I played for about a month last summer, but it's just too damn repetitive. Fight a gazillion creatures to get at the big one to finish a quest, almost get killed, then fight the same damn creatures on the way out because they respawn in five seconds. Repeat twenty times a night... Yuk.

Of course my Phoenix addiction is completely different and I can stop any time I want to
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 01:03 PM   #2016 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Living s**t huh? Wow is it green?
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #2017 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian 777 View Post
Living s**t huh? Wow is it green?
At least it won't chase you, like some willows I could mention...
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 01:39 PM   #2018 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mika, have you been on the "pop" early???????
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 PM   #2019 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyheli View Post
I don't get it. If you started feeling ill from playing a game surely you would lay down for a bit and have a drink, something to eat and have a stretch. I can't see how someone can just die without knowing something is wrong. Surely he started to feel ill while he was playing it. Or maybe she.
Some of my mates were so badly into WoW you could burn the house down around them and they wouldn't have noticed. In fact I think if they had died they would have carried on playing and not noticed they were dead!
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 01:45 PM   #2020 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used to be addicted to runescape. I got really good on it. Runescape is more building stats and it is unbelievably time consuming. If you wanted to get level 99 woodcutting skill it would take (Well put it this way. I played it on and off for around 2 years and never got any of my skills to 99) and there are about 20 different skills to get to 99. You can also make alot of money on it (Not real money) There are unlimited amount of things to do on it. It also has quests. But now they have changed a lot of things to stop people scamming other people and it sucks now apparently. I'm glad I stopped playing that game. I was never ending.

But now I have this amazing hobby and can't wait to fly all day in the summer

-Jonny

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in