Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default CX 3 landing skid upgrade.

The other day I got my cx3's out to tinker with and took the time to install a Blade 400 landing skid on one of them because the stock landing gear are total crap IMO... I had to elongate the mounting holes in the skids to get them to match up to the stock battery box and used slightly longer screws since the skid is a little thicker. I also had to trim the body as well to clear the skids but it was no big deal. I know it looks a little large but with these skids even rough landings are smooth. I may trim down the Tubes a bit when I have some time. Great deal for 8 bucks in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cx3 with 400.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	292997   Click image for larger version

Name:	cx3 with 400 3.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	292998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx 3 with 400 2.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	292999  
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Tuff so far What about cx2 front fuselage?

I have made some very hard landings with the gear mod now and I have to say that it is a world of difference versus the stock set up. I am sure I would have broken several stock landing gears in the last two days. I have hit the ground pretty hard and it has just bounced right back up like it has a suspension. It is nice to be able to fly the heli without worrying about the gear breaking all of the time. I still want to get the boom kit and the open body set up like the others are doing. I really do not like the CX3 body at all. way too much trouble to take of versus the CX2.

Can I just put the front CX2 fuselage on the CX3 along with the boom kit ? What will it take to do so ? Do I just need to get the pair of stock CX2 mounting rods with gromments? Will that do it ?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just finished pulling my CX3 apart to do a full upgrade. You can use the stock battery holder for the canopy rod. You can go with the stock front canopy or get an aftermarket one. The Boomtown boomkit is good, some of my buddies have that setup. Get the rod and grommet kit and grab some extra o-rings as they will get weak after being stretched. I have seen SR skids put on a CX2 but not 400 skids, they are big. I have the 400 skids on my SR.
CrashCanuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

CX3's look good with SuperSkids 200 also. They'll work on a CX2 too.

Name:	CX3-7-550.JPG
Views:	436
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	293818
Old 02-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post

Attachment 293818
I like the look of those SuperSkids. Just ordered some for the wife's CX-3!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I dropped it from 5 foot today. No problem.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been running B400 skids on my brushless Cx3 for over a year and love them. Those as well as the 250 canopy mod and the boom mod make this heli almost bulletproof. The other day I hit a power line out about 150ft away that I didn't see and it fell down well over 50ft. Skids still looked good. Plus most my flying is outside on grass. I hated the skinny anemic little skids out there I was trying before this. On Rc groups the 450 skid mod is pretty much a given if you have gone to 3s batterys.

One thing I do do on my 450 skid modded Cx's. I use 4.5 to 5mm cf rod for my skids.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
I have been running B400 skids on my brushless Cx3 for over a year and love them. Those as well as the 250 canopy mod and the boom mod make this heli almost bulletproof. The other day I hit a power line out about 150ft away that I didn't see and it fell down well over 50ft. Skids still looked good. Plus most my flying is outside on grass. I hated the skinny anemic little skids out there I was trying before this. On Rc groups the 450 skid mod is pretty much a given if you have gone to 3s batterys.

One thing I do do on my 450 skid modded Cx's. I use 4.5 to 5mm cf rod for my skids.
I am digging this heli way more now with the skid upgrade. Its a blast now.

250 canopy mod ? Got a link handy ? Which boom kit do you like the best ?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the cheap little 250 canopies from HK. I actually just bought a fusano for one I am building for a guy. And the link for the pics of the Cx with canopy are here. Post 697. I have a fleet of these things and everyone is different. Even dual swash and dual swash flybarless brushless versions. My favorite boom upgrade is the Xtreme boom mount using a simple CF rod inside the boom mount after I cut off the exterior boom mount tabs. Then I use either 450 cf stabs or 250 cf stabs depending on whether it is for outside flying or inside.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...331390&page=47
Post 622, xtreme boom mod on a dual swash brushless Cx3
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...331390&page=42
Old 03-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
I use the cheap little 250 canopies from HK. I actually just bought a fusano for one I am building for a guy. And the link for the pics of the Cx with canopy are here. Post 697. I have a fleet of these things and everyone is different. Even dual swash and dual swash flybarless brushless versions. My favorite boom upgrade is the Xtreme boom mount using a simple CF rod inside the boom mount after I cut off the exterior boom mount tabs. Then I use either 450 cf stabs or 250 cf stabs depending on whether it is for outside flying or inside.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...331390&page=47
Post 622, xtreme boom mod on a dual swash brushless Cx3
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...331390&page=42
Is it Carbon fiber rod or tubing ? Where can a guy get that when his LHS does not carry?What size is it ? Will this work for boom ? http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...m_p/bcx008.htm Edit. I called Jamie at BTH and he only has one of the Extreme tail boom adapters and I need three. He did not seem too excited about getting some more in as he said no one is buying them. I just need the boom adapter and the rod as I have the tail fins and such already. The search goes on I guess. I need to set up 3 birds this way so I am looking to get 3 each.

Last edited by TDubya; 03-06-2012 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Phone call
TDubya is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is the total ground up build thread on a brand new 450 skid mod and xtreme boom mod I just built for a guy. The Cf 5mm rod came from Hobbyking.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post20957546
Old 03-15-2012, 05:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post

Attachment 293818
Awesome, have went through man skid configurations, this looks awesome and is very sturdy.
budweisr33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I decided to simply keep the stock look and made a set of aluminum skids for the time being while I hunt down a new set or different idea that I like...I found a string on here from someone that had built a similar skid but didn't look stock so I found some round aluminum stock that is about 2.85mm in diameter. The only thing is that I feel these will get destroyed in a crash but for now, I'm simply looking for that stock look until I figure something else out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0365[1].jpg
Views:	155
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	315036  

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Xtreme's trex 250 skids bolt right onto the cx3 with zero fitting or mods.
Just another option.
kaiser01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes the stock t-Rex 250 bolts right on the cx3 you may need to trim the canopy some I have them on mine plus there cheap $.

http://www.rchover.com/H25034A-Landi...-p/h25034a.htm

$6.99
Pauly1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just re-built my CX3 this week end, had to replace both shafts plus I added the blue aluminum lower head. With Supers Skids 200 and Extreme blades and grips, the first test flight was pretty good. Hovers and handles very well, best since I've had the thing. The SS 200 are much beafier than stock by far. They're wider and longer which seems to give the heli more stability as it takes off and lands. Since the blades I had for the grips were white (a failed Jet Ranger conversion & don't ask) I painted them silver with rattle can paint. They look good with the silver and blue stock body.

Mike
Blade mCX S300, mCX2, Tandem Rescue, Blade CP+ w/Huey body, Blade CX3, Heli-Max CX Micro S300, Heli Max CX Nano, Syma S107, Nine Eagles Bravo SX, Nine Eagles Draco Coax, Nine Eagles Bravo III Coax, E-Sky Nano w/Jet Ranger body
Ferret Dad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, after I did this mod I equipped all my Cxs with the extreme boom housing and did my own cf tubing as it was so cheap and so durable. It also doesn't look bad at all. What I am doing now is using a two part composite glue (bought on the cheap at harbor freight) to fuse the two halves together around the 5mm cf tubing. The tail blades and tubing are from HK and are cheap cf 250 parts. I just use cheap heat shrink tubing at the mounting spots and drill two tiny screws to hold the tail stabs in place. This anchors the screws so they don't vibrate out and also keeps the cf stabs from vibrating and moving around. Odd your local HS doesn't carry common 5mm tubing? Mine does.

The reason Jamie isn't selling many of those hubs is that he is overpriced on them. I find them everywhere for no more than $2.50 each. So yeah, he won't be selling alot of them. But his customer service may make up for it all with all he does for his clients. Not to mention there really aren't that many modders out there doing this kind of stuff.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

ahhhh the blade cx3..was my first real heli 3 years ago. In an odd way i kinda miss it. Have to agree the landing gear sucks. Wish i would have known about all these landing gear mods back then. Anyways as you were fellas. I was just walking down memory lane is all .
Dajavu*Xion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in