Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the canopy looks nice, but I'm not a fan of the Tron theme paint jobs on the 700/800.

The combo saves money.........IF.......... You need blades and vbar and etc. it will be avail barebones sometime next year. I needed a vbar and I wanted yge and scorpion.

It all about profitability and combo shifts it to manufacturers. I know lots who want it bare bones. I get that for sure.

Norman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ralph has indicated that he is working on bringing more paint schemes to purchase for both the 700 and 800 as well soon, how soon I do not know but it WILL be coming.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Ralph has indicated that he is working on bringing more paint schemes to purchase for both the 700 and 800 as well soon, how soon I do not know but it WILL be coming.
Good to know. For the record it wasn't the canopy shape that bothered me. A change in canopy paint is at least low lying fruit. Will Mikado have any issues with aftermarket canopies?
Old 11-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can't be sure on that part sorry.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you flown a Logo 600sx ? what was your thoughts on that ? I'm really stumped on my choice between Goblin 630 & logo 600sx...
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #46 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Having owned many logo 600's, and now having a goblin 700, I'd say go with the logo 600 for 620mm blades.
More flight time, and a more linear feeling to the head. It feels more precise.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTM View Post
Having owned many logo 600's, and now having a goblin 700, I'd say go with the logo 600 for 620mm blades.
More flight time, and a more linear feeling to the head. It feels more precise.
I had a 500 before and DAMN that thing felt light and hovered really well.

Here is me and my Logo 500, flybar version. Back in 2008, then well, the inevitable happened. I PLOWWED IT months later ! total write off LOL

Old 11-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
its much heavier than the likes of my 720 i it wont replace the lighter machine
I agree, I waited for a long time and flying the logo 600 in the mean time was good for me, one thing I notice the packs on the xx after a hard flight are hot, because of the weight combined with the heat doesn't help.

You have to have a powerful setup to pull around the l700, and it is still heavy, flying any helicopter consistanly you can feel a half a pound difference, im sure it fly's nice but there are others that fly nice also that are lighter and heavier, the 600 logo is set apart from other 600, but the l700 is another 700 TO ME, I have flown the xx800 and it is very stable in manuevers, but is to heavy, the l700 would shine with 14s and say what you want but to me the l800 would shine on 16s.

I remember when I heard people running 10s logo 600 and I was one of the people saying you don't need all that power in a 600 thats crazy, the response I got from them was the power to weight is unbelieveable and it flies great, the truth is flying a logo 700 in my area where it gets really humid, the l700 would really heat up the packs.

My friend fly's the Goblin and I have flown it along with other helis but I like what I have now, but to say it is just as fast as the Goblin in cyclic....yea ok I have built an xx and a goblin and if the xx is the same as the l700 then the Whiplash or Goblin would be the easies build, but the l700 is NOT superior to all other 700s, thats just not true and very biased, considering you posted in every other 700 forum asking about the weight......and now it is ok to be a heavy 700....very biased. btw I argue with my buddy and his Goblin all the time so don't take it personal this is also my opinion.
strokermtr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think all of what was written was absorbed. First off the title biased yes as I'm a rep honest as it is. If it wasn't -15 I'd show you the cyclic is as fast or faster then goblin what's to lie about i own one remember and all the helis I list and speak about i owned myself my money and my time all of it. And as mentioned I've owned and tried helicopters that are heavier to. I myself have NOT owned a L800 I can't comment have YOU personally flown a L700? From reading your post I'd say you haven't so how can you say what you are saying? Like I said my opinion is honest and its based on reality not guessing or slamming any other product and I did not compare but somehow I'm being labbelled as promoting it as the new Jesus, well I break down what is important to "ME" and that is how it flies and also from a design perspective how it will hold up.

Posting weights in other forums ? "Huh"? Sorry I have to be the weight & reality police but people posting unrealistic weights when I myself have proof is reasoning there. When someone says they have a Whiplash that's 10.5 lbs rtf or a goblin that's 11 lbs all up someone has to be the voice of reality unfourtenetly many just don't respond guess being a sheeply fool has never been in my blood so I can't apologize for correcting folks that need correcting. My largest pet peeve has always been mis information. My comparisons are with SAME servos, same motors, same equipment. MUCH of what people tend to lose in comparisons to be honest. And if you are reffering to the 770 post, I did not post a weight or anything only suggested 14S there as that is a 13.5lb + machine, which will in fact perform on 12S yes, but with conequence of lipo abuse.

14s yes possibly no worries I am set to trying that very thing with a NO to minimal weight gain and if its that much better or if at all ill make that comment as well. Good construction and ability to take massive power has its penalties being a larger heavier heli which it is but its not alone and obviously others are chasing that. How many people said that mikado was out to lunch making the 800? Ill answer everyone, now you see Align 800, raptor will have a e820 soon, goblin 770 coming need I say more?

Seen a rush750?, guess what it's no smaller the Logo 700 either why is that? Trust me I've owned the smallest and lightest helis and the heaviest. Weight aside what's important is how it flies. I don't give a two cent to what and how it crashes my first flight wasn't yesterday and when I crash ill deal with it then.

I took the approach of listing helis I owned and flown and never slammed one of them to avoid posts like this. You call me very biased that's fine guess I allready thought of that in my "honest" title.

Fly a 700 THEN as I said if you have truly negative comments on your experience bring em back here till then its speculation and assumption really. To assume this platform and size will remain unchanged also would be ignorant I can assure you Mikado is only going to continue to be innovative and offer options and more helis they're the longest running e heli only company for a reason. If people want to fly what's trendy that's cool or a heli thy can buy parts at their wallmart that's fine to. But regardless of what brand and size I fly and keep I make that decision on what's produced in the air with a set amount of expectations. For me at this point in a heli 700 size yes I believe the L700 meets all those expectations.

Last edited by OICU812; 11-28-2012 at 06:22 PM..
OICU812 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

If anyone has ever seen shawns garage sales you will know he's tried it all. (sweet prices to boot)

Years ago he helped me out on my 6003d , went thru page by page on the setup , change this , adjust this. Numbers either off the top of his head or the computer was on at the time. Flew so well i haven't touched it since ( still running 5.0 ! )

My 800 i made a few tweaks to speed things up a touch to suit , still trying to get my hands on a 700. Ken had some in last week but missed out .

I'd be curious to see what settings shawn tweaks in the 700 stock program as my 800 is awesome.

I agreee every machine has plusses and minuses , but the logo's have a finely tuned balance.

Thanks for the input shawn

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarty View Post
If anyone has ever seen shawns garage sales you will know he's tried it all. (sweet prices to boot)

Years ago he helped me out on my 6003d , went thru page by page on the setup , change this , adjust this. Numbers either off the top of his head or the computer was on at the time. Flew so well i haven't touched it since ( still running 5.0 ! )

My 800 i made a few tweaks to speed things up a touch to suit , still trying to get my hands on a 700. Ken had some in last week but missed out .

I'd be curious to see what settings shawn tweaks in the 700 stock program as my 800 is awesome.

I agreee every machine has plusses and minuses , but the logo's have a finely tuned balance.

Thanks for the input shawn

Martin
My last Logo 500 with flybar compared to my trex 600 at the time, was feather light in the air, the t600 felt like a pile of bricks.. DAMN i miss mylogo..
Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't say the l800 had anything to do with the rest of the 800s coming out, maybe some but not all, 770 makes the l800 not look so xxtreme weight makes a difference, and NO I haven't flown a l700 but I know what a 700 at 12lbs and over feels like, weight is weight and blade pitch is blade pitch, unless the logo has some kind of mind control over weight, im sure it will have that logo feel, which is very important, but clearly from looking at all the videos posted it is a bit heavy, and it shows.

I agree that people do post some bs weights, and yes I seen a rush it has bell cranks....moving on, and I also never buy a heli on how it crashes, and I could care less what will come or might come, 2...3 or how ever many years later waiting for mikado, looking at what I thought would be game changing, its in the game for sure, I am talking about what is so, lets not speak about someone being ignorant I am not speaking about your character, I have seen your post and I believe things can be learned from others experience, I guess when they make the plastic frames it will be more to my liking.

I like just about everything except for the weight, I love the tail and the dampners, that is my favorite thing about the heli.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #53 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

I'd fly it, then talk about how it is... until then you can only speculate.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokermtr View Post
I can't say the l800 had anything to do with the rest of the 800s coming out, maybe some but not all, 770 makes the l800 not look so xxtreme weight makes a difference, and NO I haven't flown a l700 but I know what a 700 at 12lbs and over feels like, weight is weight and blade pitch is blade pitch, unless the logo has some kind of mind control over weight, im sure it will have that logo feel, which is very important, but clearly from looking at all the videos posted it is a bit heavy, and it shows.

I agree that people do post some bs weights, and yes I seen a rush it has bell cranks....moving on, and I also never buy a heli on how it crashes, and I could care less what will come or might come, 2...3 or how ever many years later waiting for mikado, looking at what I thought would be game changing, its in the game for sure, I am talking about what is so, lets not speak about someone being ignorant I am not speaking about your character, I have seen your post and I believe things can be learned from others experience, I guess when they make the plastic frames it will be more to my liking.

I like just about everything except for the weight, I love the tail and the dampners, that is my favorite thing about the heli.
You do realize everyone is flying it on 713mm blades, right? 12lb on 713mm is not going to feel or fly heavy. Yah 'maybe' it might feel a little porky on 690's.

Seems you are comparing apples and oranges.

I will be begging the Gitins to let me have a pull at the sticks on this one. Very intrigued. Only issue is I'm loosing my field and <550mm is in my future.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 01:48 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry to hear that Alex that sucks. Pains of living in a popular and populated state I suppose hey!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
You do realize everyone is flying it on 713mm blades, right? 12lb on 713mm is not going to feel or fly heavy. Yah 'maybe' it might feel a little porky on 690's.

Seems you are comparing apples and oranges.

I will be begging the Gitins to let me have a pull at the sticks on this one. Very intrigued. Only issue is I'm loosing my field and <550mm is in my future.
Yep 713, never liked them on any 700 that I flew, takes away from the quickness but has more lift, I like the quicker feel of 690s, like when I tried the 623 over the 603 on the Logo 600, I still like the 603 better.

Sorry to hear about your field, its hard enough to find a good field, but to loose the one you already have, hope it works out for the better.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I felt same till trying 713SE. Try em sometime if you can very fast, Kyle spent ton of time helping to develop them.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokermtr View Post
Yep 713, never liked them on any 700 that I flew, takes away from the quickness but has more lift, I like the quicker feel of 690s, like when I tried the 623 over the 603 on the Logo 600, I still like the 603 better.
Are you planning on getting a Logo 700 ? you could always tune it to your likings, I seen it fly in person and its top notch, you cant go wrong with it thats for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I felt same till trying 713SE. Try em sometime if you can very fast, Kyle spent ton of time helping to develop them.
+1 the SE are not the same as the 713s you are thinking of.
jhheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

You also have to look at the REASON for the weight of the Heli. From all accounts the L700 is overbuilt FOR TODAY'S POWERSYSTEMS.

I am sure if Mikado wanted to they could have created a Heli as light or lighter than anything out there and designed it to run on today's powersystems (or what's just over the horizon. )

Instead they chose to create a model that should be able to handle ANY power system for the foreseable future WITHOUT modifications.

There is a discussion on running 753s on the L700 going on in the L700 forums. Dave D's take on that was it stressed the power system to much (Everything was to hot) so that it wasn't really a real world setup. Sure you can do it and if you dial the head speed up on it it's a beast BUT everything comes down WAY to hot and your flight times are crap.

The MODEL can handle it just fine but the POWER system can't.

For now.

I am just now reaching the point in my skill set where I can actually TELL the differance between light and heavy or how much power one motor has compared to another. I was very happy when I had my mentor fly my L800 with the motor timing changed on it and tell me (Without my discussing it with him before hand) that it felt like it had lost a lot of power (Which is what I had thought the very first time I took off with the new configuration) so I am not the most experianced pilot (Though I like to at least THINK I have moved out of the noob zone) but it seems to me that Mikado has built a 700 that flies great now but has an awfull lot of room to grow (Without mods) as motors/esc's and batteries continue to get more and more powerfull.

Just my .02 though.
Logo XXtreme, Kosmik, Pyro 800-48L Futaba 157s/256. Henseleit TDR, Pyro 700-52, 120 Jive, V-Bar 5.3, BLS253/251. Logo 600SE, Scorp 5020-450KV, 120 Helijive, Futaba 451s/251. Logo 400, Align 510MGs, JR 8900G, Kontronik Jive 80+ LV,Mini Pyro 400-14,

Last edited by jtjohn1; 11-29-2012 at 02:04 PM..
jtjohn1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your thought process is exactly where mikados is in fact. No upgrades and can handle WAY more then the typical 700 size an handle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in