Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Brushless Video

First video of my freshly converted mCPx.

Hang down, flip it, and reverse it !

Last edited by tqcookie; 03-11-2012 at 10:02 PM..
tqcookie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

very nice flying, setup looks pretty good too.
Atom500(FBL)., Gaui x4II (FBL) ;Trex450 sport (FBL). All with Ikon fbl gyro. AMA#1019423.

Tony .
tony521 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stock tail.
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

SR120 tail with Plantraco prop.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice flying. Can u give us a little more on your setup. Is that an extended stock tail. I have a M5 and hp05 v2 which I fly with Hyperion 550's and Microceans. Worth me converting my M5 to 550's? Yours seems to handle the extra weight of the bigger battery fine. I've almost given up on the Hp05 maybe just get another M5. One more question are the Co5m and the M5 (Hawk-Rc) equivalent power. Thanks
crossg4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow nice flying dude!
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossg4 View Post
Very nice flying. Can u give us a little more on your setup. Is that an extended stock tail. I have a M5 and hp05 v2 which I fly with Hyperion 550's and Microceans. Worth me converting my M5 to 550's? Yours seems to handle the extra weight of the bigger battery fine. I've almost given up on the Hp05 maybe just get another M5. One more question are the Co5m and the M5 (Hawk-Rc) equivalent power. Thanks
From some of the different posts I have seen, I think the m5 is an 11000kv motor and the CO5 is 11500kv motor. I don't know for sure however. With that being said my friend has the exact setup I do except his is the m5 motor. We can hear a difference in RPM between his and mine, however the feel the same in the air.

My tail an SR120 tail motor with the Plantraco prop and measures 150mm from the mains shaft center line to the output shaft of the SR120 tail motor. We are both using the Asteroid designs in line tail motor mount.

I am getting more and more comfortable with my brushless machine. It is nice to have that extra power when you need it. I'm thinking of doing another machine with a hp05 motor next. Why are you thinking about giving up on your hp05 setup?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info. I thought there was a bit of a difference from the M5 and Cm05.
As for me giving up on the Hp05, I just can't seem to get the tail right. This is the Mcpx v2 with the extended 120sr tail. Very inconsistent. I either get a 90 degree kick tail left or a totally uncontrolable heli. I also have the microheli swash head and blade grips.
I love the power of the Hp05 and it seems when I actually had it flying I felt more in control with the added oomph. One thing I did order from Asteroid Designs was Planteco Tail rotors so have not totally given up yet. Seems some guys r having some luck with the V2 boards.
U fly good enough that u would love the added power.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

C05m/m5 motor and hp05s are totally different league. The hp05s motor itself is not a problem. It's the increased headspeed that makes the 3-in-1 board very sensitive to vibration and results in random 90-degree CW kick, especially with the powerful 120 SR tail motor and high speed/inertia 120SR tail rotor (I also had that happen to 7mm tail motor if the vibration is bad enough). Take extra effort and patience to dual out vibrations. I spent 10s of hours to dial in my setup running v2 board. It's no luck that it flies good. Plantraco prop helps because of its lower inertia (thin blades but easy to break) and high pitch (acting like flaps). A good working hp05s/120tail/550batt setup flies nothing like a c05m/m5.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info. For sure the Hp05 is a great motor I have tried to reduce the vibrations as much as possible and thought I had it under control. Ran very smoothly when held in my hand. I'm close to getting it. Hopefully the Plantraco prop will make that little bit of difference.
I really enjoy the C05m. Seems u can get away with minor vibrations. Would love to get the Hp05 running consistently as I really like the smooth power. I'll keep at her. Just started flying helicopters in Dec. already flipping and inverted flight. Talk about addicting hobby. Great people on this forum and lots of good info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in