Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2015, 12:04 PM   #521 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yup - a good BL nCPX CFX would hit the spot!
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #522 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
You'd want a CFX frame with all those parts that small? The 180CFX is small enough.
WedgeD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2015, 03:59 AM   #523 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgeD View Post
You'd want a CFX frame with all those parts that small? The 180CFX is small enough.
CFX is just a name I have several modded to death mCPx'es with carbon/alu - it's a PITA to work on... and not very solid. Btw I also have a Nano with a 1 piece alu frame - does actually seem very solid (Rakon Heli I think)

No, as much plastic as possible. And as low part counts as possible. Plus easy to replace parts. I really do like the new trend with for instance one piece tail cases (plastic).

And I'd like tiny contacts for everything = easy to replace. It's a PITA with all this tiny soldering when you do your own mods.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:32 AM   #524 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
CFX is just a name
I disagree and, apparently, so does Blade. Every single CFX heli shares the same design characteristics, such as materials and servo geometry. It's more than just a name.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #525 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I agree!

QF-Servo | Lynx/OXY Heli & FPV field rep
Theunisjr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #526 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I disagree and, apparently, so does Blade. Every single CFX heli shares the same design characteristics, such as materials and servo geometry. It's more than just a name.
Wanna bet?
Old 06-18-2015, 12:50 PM   #527 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd settle for a Nano CPX with a Brushless main motor and a tougher main board design. 2S and slightly longer blades would be nice too.

MB
Old 06-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #528 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Wanna bet?
Sure, go for it. Show me one other Blade heli that has a carbon fiber frame with aluminum bearing blocks and that servo geometry around the mainshaft that doesn't hold a CFX designation. And, the 700X doesn't count because A) it's discontinued and B) it was the first heli that had the CFX style frame, but since it wasn't replacing anything the 700X designation worked with the previous 550X and 600X in the Pro Series line. They subsequently revamped the 300X with that style of frame and needed a new designation to set it apart, hence the 300CFX and every other heli in that style followed with CFX (the 180CFX and the 360CFX). Therefore it's more than ONLY a name. It's a design designation. What do I win?
Old 06-18-2015, 06:06 PM   #529 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sure, go for it. Show me one other Blade heli that has a carbon fiber frame with aluminum bearing blocks and that servo geometry around the mainshaft that doesn't hold a CFX designation. And, the 700X doesn't count because A) it's discontinued and B) it was the first heli that had the CFX style frame, but since it wasn't replacing anything the 700X designation worked with the previous 550X and 600X in the Pro Series line. They subsequently revamped the 300X with that style of frame and needed a new designation to set it apart, hence the 300CFX and every other heli in that style followed with CFX (the 180CFX and the 360CFX). Therefore it's more than ONLY a name. It's a design designation. What do I win?
I would have to agree. The CF part of CFX, AFAIK stands for Carbon Fiber. As in the main frame plates are made of CF.

I wouldn't want to see CF frame plates on something as small as a Nano though, Plastic is a better choice for something so small and light.

MB
Old 06-18-2015, 06:18 PM   #530 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
I would have to agree. The CF part of CFX, AFAIK stands for Carbon Fiber. As in the main frame plates are made of CF.

I wouldn't want to see CF frame plates on something as small as a Nano though, Plastic is a better choice for something so small and light.

MB
Exactly. Agreed on all accounts.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:36 PM   #531 (permalink)
Registered Users

After seeing all of this CFX talk and a bit of thought...

I'd like to see Blade bring out a Micro CFX Kit...

CFX frame in perhaps the size of the mCPX...let the user choose the electronics just like any other kit build

Thanks to the Guru's, Masters and Overlord, BLHeli is free to anyone, so all of the previous problems get solved

1S, 2S or even 3S...any motor fits with no modifications or added bracing needed...the main board simply handles the AS3X duty and BLHeli takes care of the rest

Pick your motors and ESC...then flash BLHeli to do the honors and tear up the sky
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2015, 07:46 PM   #532 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post

CFX frame in perhaps the size of the mCPX...let the user choose the electronics just like any other kit build

Thanks to the Guru's, Masters and Overlord, BLHeli is free to anyone, so all of the previous problems get solved

1S, 2S or even 3S...any motor fits with no modifications or added bracing needed...the main board simply handles the AS3X duty and BLHeli takes care of the rest

Pick your motors and ESC...then flash BLHeli to do the honors and tear up the sky
Gonna need an RX of some kind in there.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:48 PM   #533 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nah....

We'll use The Force and never crash
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #534 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Nah....

We'll use The Force and never crash
Well, to be fair, every single AS3X unit to date has had an integrated RX even though AS3X just stands for Artificial Stability 3 Axis.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #535 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Im with u on that. The mcpx has plenty of room for more power to make up for the extra weight of a cf frame and external escs ect.
And can be advertised for the experienced flyer.
The ncpx with just better electronics. Manly more powefull motors makes a perfect beginger to intermediate cp heli
Old 06-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #536 (permalink)
Registered Users

The MCPX BL is now way out dated time wise. New design name look needed.

The NANO could be a brushless, tiny CF frame, brushless tail and a better battery option would work there too.

I DO hope they finally see that people like a decent CF frame and fiberglass canopy. (although lighter is plastic yes).

Brushless micro is due now -- so lets see what happens.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2015, 05:40 AM   #537 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with making a nano with brushless motor as stock part, and I have destroyed 3 mainboards on them so It's not funny to replace a 60+ U.S$ piece on a 100$ helicopter. The MCPX BL is good but very brittle for the high power it has, the tail boom and other parts can break easily with a mid strong crash. But compared to a TRex 150 is less painful to repair IMHO.
Abdon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #538 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Scale...

I'll add to the desire for scale fuselage options. Perhaps a 450ish sized general platform that isn't designed as a hard core 3D machine, but rather as a platform for various scale designs. It could be designed to incorporate a modular design that would allow for different tail rotor types, sizes, sides, locations, etc., as well as main rotor types and configurations. Then a series of retracts, lights, or other scale like accessories.
franklin_m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2015, 10:19 PM   #539 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bring back the pro series!!!!!

Steve
Old 06-30-2015, 10:22 PM   #540 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nano cfx. And yes. I agree with pro series. At least the 550x
brokenheli666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in