Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default PCM G3+

OK So call me Blonde!

how many of you 14mz owners out there really Understand the 14mz manual????

I am just reading through the latest software update manual and I must admit I am a little confused (read haven't got a F#@king clue) what some of it actually means!!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone make sense of the PCM G3+ support? near as I can figure out we have two communication modes, standard PCM G3 mode applies to both DPS 5014 and DPS 5114 receivers, using either of these you can select 2L mode or 4L mode. The way I read it is that 2L mode is 40% lower response than 4L mode. OK so does lower response mean slower frame rate?

It then goes on to talk about channel mode switching function and that 10 channel mode is improved 40% over that of 14 channel mode compared to PCM G3.

Ok so colour me blonde here! again does this mean a speed increase when in 10 channel mode by comparison to 14 channel mode?

Lastly they mention PCM G3+ supported receivers! ummmmmm which receivers are G3+ supported?

The other Gem in the manual (both the original radio manual and the software update manual is the stick setting section (in the hardware setting screen). It tells us in the manual that stick setting has now been changed to values between 1 to 16 with a default of 4 and the high value produces "response". I assume by this the lower the value the slower (more latency) the response and the higher the value the faster response? You can also set hysterisis in this screen, I am not even going to go there!!!!!!!!!!!

In all honesty there are so many function this radio can perform it is such a pity that the manual is not more readily understandable.

Cheers,

Jeff
Jag001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Probably there is a need for a something like this but for 14MZ:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/N...roduct_id=4381

(Futaba 10c 2.4GHz – the user’s guide).

I have a 14MZ myself and it is not always clear what they mean when I read the orginal 14MZ manual, for example I was trying to set up triple rate (for elevator and aileron) some time ago and found a good solution on a forum - the manual was not of much help.

/Bo
bossee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in