Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700 or 800

Hey guys what made you pick the 700 vs the 800? I had the 700 when it first came out but recently had the frames burn up saved everything else.. I was going to get another frame but jus didn't fill like tingle I side cause I had one but if I got the 800 I might miss what I loved bout the 700. So are they that different I don't even see the mikado guys flying the 800 anymore. I fly sport now hoping to progress to some 3D. I did hear this yr @ IRCHA someone say the 700 gives you ever thing plus more agility but @ that time I had my 700 in my hands. I'm trying to hurry in decide cause all I need different is 7s & TP has 50% off
kevinbj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Why not get both?

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2014, 12:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
Why not get both?
Cause if it's not a big difference I don't want to pay for both. Since you own both what do you get from both & what's you favorite @ the field
Old 11-29-2014, 01:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I bought my 800 at my first IRCHA event so it has a special place in my heart...so to speak. This year my 700 saw more air time than the 800 as it was new and I put the 800 again this year. I also purchased the 480 this year and put it in as well At the end of the day the 800 puts a bigger grin on my face than any other model I own. I am not at the 3D level if that makes a difference.

Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
I bought my 800 at my first IRCHA event so it has a special place in my heart...so to speak. This year my 700 saw more air time than the 800 as it was new and I put the 800 again this year. I also purchased the 480 this year and put it in as well At the end of the day the 800 puts a bigger grin on my face than any other model I own. I am not at the 3D level if that makes a difference.
Yes I understand I got the 700 and fly it the most when I had it.. I do you fly your 700 on 14 or 12s?
Old 11-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

800-14s
700-12s
600-10s
480-6s

Old 11-30-2014, 08:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like flying with the biggest heli but both can smack it is just how much money you wanna put into it. 800 for me.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

[quote=ah_liang;6219532]I like flying with the biggest heli but both can smack it is just how much money you wanna put into it. 800 for

what's your 800 setup?
Old 11-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

800 is the biggest and baddest!
I have 480xxtreme, 550sx coming for second time, 600 sx , 690sx, 700 xxtreme , 800 xxtreme.
If you can't smack them, I would guess that the 800 will give you the biggest adrenaline rush by far. Nothing like the sound of those blades!
sseppala is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2014, 06:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseppala View Post
800 is the biggest and baddest!
I have 480xxtreme, 550sx coming for second time, 600 sx , 690sx, 700 xxtreme , 800 xxtreme.
If you can't smack them, I would guess that the 800 will give you the biggest adrenaline rush by far. Nothing like the sound of those blades!
Do you run stock setup? I may have to get both
Old 12-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I run the stock setups and they perform excellent. I do moderate 3D little bit of smack and big air.
800 runs on 14s 5000 mah Pulse 45c. Getting around 4:30 with 1750 headspeed. 700 is running 12s Pulse 4500 and 5000 mah 45c getting 4:30 with 1800 headspeed.
Going to put the tail boom cover on the 700. I really like the neon red yellow color, visibility is great.
I am also amazed by the 480 xxtreme, it flies amazingly big for its size and its so solid. Getting over 6 minutes of good 3d on 3700 mah Pulse batteries.
All of the Logos seem to get better flight times than comparable size helis.
I also have Synergy E7se, E5, Compass 7HVU and 6HVU, and Avant Mostro E
The Mostro has been one of my favorites. Quiet, solid and so responsive. Done nothing but lube it flying almost daily since April. I had a bunch of the Miniature helis before they folded so Im happy to see Avant as an American company with a great design.
I held out against Mikado for a long time but their helis are exceptional. Only complaint is that a moderate crash totally destroyed my 690sx.
Not a fanboy but I will admit they are great helis.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseppala View Post
Yes I run the stock setups and they perform excellent. I do moderate 3D little bit of smack and big air.
800 runs on 14s 5000 mah Pulse 45c. Getting around 4:30 with 1750 headspeed. 700 is running 12s Pulse 4500 and 5000 mah 45c getting 4:30 with 1800 headspeed.
Going to put the tail boom cover on the 700. I really like the neon red yellow color, visibility is great.
I am also amazed by the 480 xxtreme, it flies amazingly big for its size and its so solid. Getting over 6 minutes of good 3d on 3700 mah Pulse batteries.
All of the Logos seem to get better flight times than comparable size helis.
I also have Synergy E7se, E5, Compass 7HVU and 6HVU, and Avant Mostro E
The Mostro has been one of my favorites. Quiet, solid and so responsive. Done nothing but lube it flying almost daily since April. I had a bunch of the Miniature helis before they folded so Im happy to see Avant as an American company with a great design.
I held out against Mikado for a long time but their helis are exceptional. Only complaint is that a moderate crash totally destroyed my 690sx.
Not a fanboy but I will admit they are great helis.

Ok great... I didn't feel my 700 was lacking any power with the stock 4525. Some say you need more of a power house motor to get all out of it but the 4525 didn't lack anything to me in my whiplash either or maybe my talent over matched. .
Old 12-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I had the Whiplashes also, one with the 4525 Scorpion and one with ,KDE 495.
Nice machines and no complaints on power with either motor.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly with stock setup as well. But I hope to smack like this ....

Logo Xxtreme can smack... (4 min 59 sec)
Old 12-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_liang View Post
I fly with stock setup as well. But I hope to smack like this ....

Logo Xxtreme can smack... - YouTube
Wow..awesome
Old 12-08-2014, 11:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an 800, 690SX and just bought a 700. All are great Helis. Glad to see mention of the MA's too. My Whiplash is still a favorite of mine. Make sure that you are prepared to spend a lot of extra money on batteries and balance boards if you buy an 800. You'll probably never own another 14S set up, so all those batteries (I bought 5 sets of 7S batteries) can only be used on that one heli. Conversly, most of use have several machines that are 12S, so 5 sets of 6S batts can be used on most everything else you fly, and if you get a 550 size you can get by with 1 6S battery. I also own an 8S Trex 600, so there again I've got 3 8S batts that can only be used on one heli.
If I started over with what I know, I'd have bought the 700, yet I'm glad I learn the hard way because I LOVE my 800. How's that for a messed up answer!
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyguerra View Post
I have an 800, 690SX and just bought a 700. All are great Helis. Glad to see mention of the MA's too. My Whiplash is still a favorite of mine. Make sure that you are prepared to spend a lot of extra money on batteries and balance boards if you buy an 800. You'll probably never own another 14S set up, so all those batteries (I bought 5 sets of 7S batteries) can only be used on that one heli. Conversly, most of use have several machines that are 12S, so 5 sets of 6S batts can be used on most everything else you fly, and if you get a 550 size you can get by with 1 6S battery. I also own an 8S Trex 600, so there again I've got 3 8S batts that can only be used on one heli.
If I started over with what I know, I'd have bought the 700, yet I'm glad I learn the hard way because I LOVE my 800. How's that for a messed up answer!
I get your point if you could rent the 800 it be nice put you would purchase a 700.. I think that how I'm am cause if I didn't trash my 700 I wouldn't be thinking of a 800 but buying the same heli twice is not that exciting but I know it's what best.. I think out the heli that I owed the 600,700 is the only heli I buy twice.. I would include whiplash if I bought the ex
Old 12-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Whiplash EX is the worst of the MA line to find parts for. A friend changed his over about a month before they went out of business. Since the EX was a new model there weren't near as many sold as the E or Nitro models, so frames and gear parts are VERY hard to come by for the EX model. It's a great model but the timing was terrible for those that bought them.
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 800 is a much larger, heavier machine. It can smack, but it doesn't want to, not really. Compared with the 700 it's going to feel a bit more docile. However it's also going to feel massive in the air even compared to the 700, so just because it's docile doesn't mean it isn't impressive.

For my style of flying, I much prefer the 700 Xxtreme. In fact I go back and forth between that and the 690sx, and ultimately fly the 690sx much more because it's a whole lot cheaper to fix. And for practice nothing beats my 550sx -- the flight count potential of 6S with the visual presence of a large heli.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
The 800 is a much larger, heavier machine. It can smack, but it doesn't want to, not really. Compared with the 700 it's going to feel a bit more docile. However it's also going to feel massive in the air even compared to the 700, so just because it's docile doesn't mean it isn't impressive.

For my style of flying, I much prefer the 700 Xxtreme. In fact I go back and forth between that and the 690sx, and ultimately fly the 690sx much more because it's a whole lot cheaper to fix. And for practice nothing beats my 550sx -- the flight count potential of 6S with the visual presence of a large heli.
Thank that really helped. . I'm gonna enjoy the 600 & 700

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in