Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, both are satellite capable. The ZYX-S2 is the new version of the ZYX-S
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man, if I knew that when I was purchasing one I would have bought the newer one. I am surprised they are still selling the older one.

Does the same programming software work with the S2?
Dylanss180 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 01:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanss180 View Post
Man, if I knew that when I was purchasing one I would have bought the newer one. I am surprised they are still selling the older one.

Does the same programming software work with the S2?
You can get the ZYX-S2 and download the software from this site.

http://tarot-rc-heli.com/Tarot_RC_ZYX_S2_Gyro

The ZYX-S2 is on backorder last time I checked. At this point I'd probably try the TGZ380, a V3 BeastX clone, before I'd buy the ZYX-S2.
Nihilistic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

This has them (china)
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...ducts_id=11119
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Could it be caused by the initial power surge as I connect the battery? It only seems to happen on initial plug in (and it doesn't always happen). If I flip back and forth between rate and heading hold quickly in order to reset the gyro, it performs just fine afterwards.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

You've been asked to tell us what firmware you're running, and you never did answer. I don't know if it would help, but you may as well fill in all the details you can.

I suggested you try swapping servo connections between channel 3 (your elevator servo) and either of the other 2 cyclic servos, and stir the sticks, to see if the issue stays with the servo in question, or if it stays with channel 3 of the ZYX-S. You never followed up on that. That might tell you if it's the servo, or the ZYX-S at fault.

My guess is it's a servo pot or something on the servo PCB that's about to die. I had one of my TGY-211DMH cyclic servos act up that way. I'd reset the ZYX-S and it would be OK for a while. Then it finally died completely while fiddling with it on the bench, luckily, and not in flight causing a crash.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilistic View Post
You've been asked to tell us what firmware you're running, and you never did answer. I don't know if it would help, but you may as well fill in all the details you can.

I suggested you try swapping servo connections between channel 3 (your elevator servo) and either of the other 2 cyclic servos, and stir the sticks, to see if the issue stays with the servo in question, or if it stays with channel 3 of the ZYX-S. You never followed up on that. That might tell you if it's the servo, or the ZYX-S at fault.

My guess is it's a servo pot or something on the servo PCB that's about to die. I had one of my TGY-211DMH cyclic servos act up that way. I'd reset the ZYX-S and it would be OK for a while. Then it finally died completely while fiddling with it on the bench, luckily, and not in flight causing a crash.
You are 100% correct on all counts. My life has been really hectic the last couple of weeks, and the only troubleshooting that I've been able to do is to turn the heli on & off a couple of times to see if I can find any patterns in the occurrence. I'm just asking about every possible cause I can think of, to try and eliminate the easy answers before taking the plunge and buying a new FBL unit, or servo. (And honestly, if I can get it to fail on the bench, that will make the way forward that much more clear.). I do appreciate everyone's assistance.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, so I finally found some time to swap my servo leads, and I was unable to recreate the problem on either servo. After returning the leads to their normal position, I noticed that if I powered up while in rate mode, it would almost always happen. (I haven't run enough tests yet to say that it does ALWAYS happen in rate mode.). Has anyone seen this kind of behavior? I'm becoming more convinced that the problem is in the FBL unit.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try swapping the servo leads again and initialize in rate mode to see if the issue occurs again, and whether it occurs with the suspected servo, or with channel 3 of the ZYX-S.

What ESC are you using? Does the BEC have enough power to your servos without browning out? Or are you using a separate BEC?
Old 02-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, it does look like that is the next step, though I probably won't have a chance to check until next weekend though.

I am using a Hobbywing Playinum Pro 80 Amp ESC with a CC 10 Amp BEC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in