Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2015, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default jr rg731bx rx

have the rg731bx with ra01t. is the ra01t just telemetry or does it act like an extra satellite antennae
riddle326 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2015, 07:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The way I understand it it does both but it is mainly telemetry. On the 731bx you do have to have it on the reciever. I don't think it will bind without it or will work without it. If you want to get away from the sats you need to get the 712bx
Old 10-15-2015, 04:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDon View Post
The way I understand it it does both but it is mainly telemetry. On the 731bx you do have to have it on the reciever. I don't think it will bind without it or will work without it. If you want to get away from the sats you need to get the 712bx
Hi,

I wonder what is the difference between 731BX and 712BX?

I know that 731BX comes with RA01T. And 712BX comes without a remote antenna.

But, isn't it also possible to attach an RA01T, or RA01L, or RA02TL on 712BX?
Rex Batavia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2015, 09:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes the 712 will run without sats. The 731 will not as it won't bind without one correctly. You can put a sat on the 712 but really don't know why. Maybe in an airplane where they can get a long way out but we are running them without sats in the helis and they work great. It also cleans up the install without them too. The 712 also has 2 way communication through the two antennas where the 731 don't. That is done through the sat on the 731 for the telemetry
Old 10-16-2015, 09:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 712 also has considerably more power (10dB) on the telemetry return signal. As LaDon said, you could put an RA02TL with the a 712 if you want super redundancy like in an IMAC plane or something. But if you mount your antennas at 90 degrees and away from stuff, you will never need a sat. in a heli. Well maybe a full carbon scale fuse or something like that.
Four Stroker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in