Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmik View Post
hello, i'm experiencing too much gain on the tail setup, despite using gyro gain = 0 in Helibal expert settings, and a heading hold gain of 8/100 (the lowest helibal will go before defaulting to rate gyro again).

i've written the problem more comprehensively in this post:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=364662

i hope this could be solved, as the kds tail would perform great!

ps the receiver tail gain is unplugged, and helibal is saving to flymentor fine
you could try moving your servo ball closer in to reduce the swing
i had do that for the 600 with flymentor
firey11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 2 bits..
This is from hours and hours of messing with KDS on 250 and 450 helis and with differant radios

excuse the BOLD Type

After u follow this tutorial and have the heli at the point of fine tuning....
DO NOT trim in Radio ..For best performance Trims need to be at 0 in Radio

Fine tune by Linkages mechanically (fine tune it in Balance mode)

The ONLY trims or settings i touch in radio are...
Throttle curve
Pitch curve
balance gyro gain
tail gyro gain

Also it seem that gyro trim is ok if you dont need to use over 3 clicks left or right
If u need more then that set it to center and adjust in helibal program
Hope i helped someone

I use my Flight mentor only in balance mode and i dont have the ccd <little camera> even installed on helli
Works perfect without <incase u wanna save wieght>

Last edited by gandal; 12-29-2011 at 09:53 AM..
gandal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 01:22 AM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you don't have your camera/sensor Even on heli? Did you disconnect after you had everything setup right.? The reason I ask is because I to am still trying to fine tune mine, having hard time with my tail gyro/servo. But I later want to add a ptz camera, and if I can remove the sensor eye it would be easier to locate ptz camera.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post
So you don't have your camera/sensor Even on heli? Did you disconnect after you had everything setup right.? The reason I ask is because I to am still trying to fine tune mine, having hard time with my tail gyro/servo. But I later want to add a ptz camera, and if I can remove the sensor eye it would be easier to locate ptz camera.
Correct i dont even have the camera /sensor at all and all is fine.I didnt have it conected when i set up heli either.....i only use balance mode ...I run my tail servo useing hole in servo arm closest to center..and my tail gyro gain is ony +9 set on my futaba radio

I have an old record player turntable that i clamp my heli to ..then i manually adjust tail in Rate mode(by moveing servo up or down tail boom a tiny bit at a time) till it holds nice..then i switch to heading hold mode and adjust gyro gan down till it dont wag
Old 12-30-2011, 01:19 AM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post
my helis are in fuselages and i dont use the cameras either
just use on balance mode as a safety back up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0533.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	276814  
firey11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hk 250 gt with flymentor no positioning camera

heres a blurry vid of my 250 with flymentor
ill try make a clear vid
allso a few pics of how i mounted all on it
on my utube channel
HobbyKing 250 GT Flymentor (4 min 23 sec)
Old 01-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Normal and hh mode

I have a futaba t7c an I was hoping someone in this great thread could help me.
I do not understand how to setup a switch to change the flymentor gyro from normal
(standard mode) to hh mode. I am having a hard time with this so I appreciate anyones help and everyones input. Sorry for the run on sentences
micter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

Connect the green wire to channel 5, this will disable the helibal tail gyro gain settings and gain will now be controlled by your tx. Go to tx gyro menu and set a 2 switch to channel 5, set mode to GY, mix to act.
You will now need to set the values for both normal and avc test fly and set the best gains.
Bear in mind there is no led on the fm gyro to tell you what mode you are in.
Not sure why you want to do this ? the fm tail gyro is not good.
You have a 7 channel TX and you would be far better off useing a seperate tail gyro the $10 assan gy250 works quite well and is very small.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

Up acouple replys i posted a vidio of my heli flying with FM installed

Now the flight after this one
the next day

FM decided it wanted to go right
i barelly landed it

i ended up haveing to romove it from heli so i could fly

why would it just mess up after like 20 ish perfect flights

i changed nothing

by go right i meen i plug in batery and swash tilts right as soon as i plug it it and full left on my tx stick wont even get it to center
heli flys great with out fM so im stumped
Old 02-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine does this when it initialized on an uneaven surface.
swat342 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KDS Flight Mentor

Hi All :=}
I'm not new with heli's but far from pro.
From what I've read so far and to keep me from reading all post.
How can a CCP Heli work with just a one servo or H-1 and having all the servo's from the rx to the FM Controller.
I have read about people turning off their FM while flying or before take off,
I understand that the signal still goes through the FM Controller, but would it not need to be mixed then , as in the CCP
joe1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users

FM has it's own mixer that replaces the tx mixer.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
FM has it's own mixer that replaces the tx mixer.
Hi :=}
While I just bought a used one, but I can not get it to work.
I have set my tx to H1 , it is a Futaba 7C 2.4 and followed the setup as while as possible, as some of the instructions are confusing, it shows the servo # 123 pluging into the FM computer # 5 4 3 .
But I downloaded a setup video of it from YouTube and it shows the servos # 123 hooking into the FM plug in numbers 123 and thats is where they are now .
When I turn the power on the servos do a jig for about a minute or more until It initializes and the red light turns blinking green.
I got it to move the three servos up in collective, but when I move the throttle stick the red light comes back and does the jig a little before they move up.
I also can not get the Aileron or elevator to move at all.
I have gone threw the directions so many times and still can not find the problem.
I know the servos are good or they would not move up in pitch.
I've been setting up heli's and flying for a couple years, but I'm no Pro either.
If and when I seen my son, I will get him to film it so I can post it for you and others can see.
In the mean time and help would be appreciated, I also have a Hand Held Programmer and have tried it after trying on the computer.
Thanks
joe1
Old 02-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where have you seen instructions to use ports 3 4 5 ?. Please read the sticky it clearly tells you to to use the ports 1 2 and 3. If your going to post a video be sure wireing connections are shown clearly, both to reciever and Flymentor.
Be sure the plug with 3 wires connects to port 1, yellow to port 2 and orange to port 6 on the Futaba reciever. Be sure that the servos are plugged into FM with the negative wire on the outside level with the usb mark.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi! I have flymentor and its working great. Have anyone solved the cold period. Winter flight outside in - degrees Celsius? If i turn to zero gain in stabilization (off). Is the heli normal that i can fly outside in winter, or must i wait for warmer days. My flymentor is not holding helis tail. There is gp780 gyro to do that.

338federal from sweden
338federal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flight Mentor

Hi :=} Ivor Hill
The PDF for the Flight Mentor is where it shows a setup with the servo wires going to 5-4-3 slots of the FM Computer and it is on page 14.
It shows them in that picture on p.14 .
I also believe I have the problem fixed, I still have to get the servo's to go the opposite direction I move the heli.
I had turn the D.Rates down to 0 on Rudder, Aileron, and Elevator thinking the instructions wanted all controls to neutral.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #177 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338federal View Post
Hi! I have flymentor and its working great. Have anyone solved the cold period. Winter flight outside in - degrees Celsius? If i turn to zero gain in stabilization (off). Is the heli normal that i can fly outside in winter, or must i wait for warmer days. My flymentor is not holding helis tail. There is gp780 gyro to do that.

338federal from sweden
Have not flown below zero degrees but If stabilization is off it should be fine. If you want to use in stabilization mode then leave it for 5-10 minute to aclimatise before flying.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1 View Post
Hi :=} Ivor Hill
The PDF for the Flight Mentor is where it shows a setup with the servo wires going to 5-4-3 slots of the FM Computer and it is on page 14.
It shows them in that picture on p.14 .
I also believe I have the problem fixed, I still have to get the servo's to go the opposite direction I move the heli.
I had turn the D.Rates down to 0 on Rudder, Aileron, and Elevator thinking the instructions wanted all controls to neutral.
I think you are the first person to notice that, although the sketch does not show port numbers it is in fact drawn incorrectly.
The manuel is very poor thats the reason I wrote the sticky, so you would be better off following the sticky.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #179 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flight Mentor

Ivor :
I was using your sticky and off the video I downloaded, but being the video was base on a DX-7 and mine is a Futaba .
I thought that I would try the p.14 setup as it was not working right.
I'm glad you seen what I was talking about on 14, it's not numbered on the FM Computer but if you look at where the servo wires are going and how the slots are.
I did not want everyone thinking that I was nuts, and that's why I said the instructions was a little confusing. :=}
Thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #180 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ivor :
I thought the problem was fixed when I found the D/R problem.
It raised it's ugly head again, have you heard of anyone having there servo's do a jig until it initializes and then it does it again when I move the sticks, it seems do do it more when I move my sticks to fast, but it does do it every once in awhile even moving them slow.
My inputs of the sticks all move in the right direction, but I have not setup the the direction of how they move when I turn the heli side to side.
P.S.
I forgot to tell you the light will turn red and flash when it does the dance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in