Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Lama V3/V4 and Kob

Lama V3/V4 and Kob E-Sky Lama V3 and V4 and Kob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Esky Nano flybar

Why is it this flybar is out of stock everywhere. It is such a fun little heli but no flybar no fly. Does any one know where to find these in stock?

LOL I have been flying my Blade MSR-X for a while without incident and I get the Nano to practice indoors and don't even make it through the first battery before I break the flybar.

Obviously I am new to this cuz I can't do much with the blade indoors it is too fast for me; but outside.... yeah.

Pls Help! Flybars? Anyone?
oshiri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry Esky Nano Flybar

I am in the same boat. There are no flybars for Esky Nano and it appears there never will be. Esky lists this part in an unknown state so don't count on getting one. After spending 50 bucks on parts I feel ripped off by esky and I will never buy anything from them again. Mine went in the trash where it belongs.
kd4pba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here as well... My friend was flying it and broke the flybar... I said, oh, no big deal its a 5 dollar part... EFFFF , now cant find one anywhere. Im going to have to fabricate something.
steubens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

SO I had a thought... would the flybar for the blade MCX work on the nano... they look very similar...

http://helidirect.com/eflite-stabili...x2-p-19343.hdx

Anyone tried it... or think it would work??? Im getting really frustrated I cant fly this heli. Its wasting away.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone, bueller?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got a couple of flybars around here that look very similar, practically identical, to those. Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to ship one to the US from the UK???
comatosed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by steubens View Post
SO I had a thought... would the flybar for the blade MCX work on the nano... they look very similar...

http://helidirect.com/eflite-stabili...x2-p-19343.hdx

Anyone tried it... or think it would work??? Im getting really frustrated I cant fly this heli. Its wasting away.
The one for the E-Sky Lama looks the same as the one on the nano, you'd have a better chance of an OEM part fitting than you would that of a third party. It's also a couple of $ cheaper as well.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by comatosed View Post
I've got a couple of flybars around here that look very similar, practically identical, to those. Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to ship one to the US from the UK???
Thanks so much for even thinking of doing this! You are awesome. Im not sure how much it weighs (cant seem to find it online, and I cant weigh the half one I have since it is currently at my office) but Im guessing its around 100g. I found this list of prices for royal mail air mail on the web... http://www.royalmail.com/delivery/de...airmail/prices I'm not sure if the flybar in an envelope would count as a small packet but if so it would be £2.07... If you are interested in sending me one to try that would be sweet. Let me know and ill PM you my address and send some paypal cash your way for shipping. Honestly though.. if its not easy to do, dont trouble yourself, I will figure something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comatosed View Post
The one for the E-Sky Lama looks the same as the one on the nano, you'd have a better chance of an OEM part fitting than you would that of a third party. It's also a couple of $ cheaper as well.
Great Idea... I actually have a ticket open with Helidirect.com (where I ordered the nano) and they just got back to me and said that they should have the part in Late February... yeah right... but they did seem like they wanted to help. Ill write back and ask if they can test to see if either the nano or the mcx flybars fit. I will update this thread with their response. Maybe if they say no, they wont work, we can try one of yours.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My apologies steubens, the flybars I have are slightly different

These go on the outside of the main shaft, where as the ones on the nano look like they go through the shaft.

Sorry dude!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats no problem at all, thanks for looking though! You are right, the nano flybars go through a fork type plastic piece on the top of the shaft.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Possible Available flybars

Heli-Max Axe CX Nano......

Google Nano Flybar (without the Esky name in the search) and you will find a flybar that will probably fit the Esky Nano. Several sellers have it in stock and it is available. It is also available on E-bay with the same search. The flybar looks better quality with separate weights screwed on the ends. The connection by the pictures looks exactly like the Esky nano. I have ordered one for mine but have not received it yet to verify it is the same. Both Heli-max and Thunder produce a Nano that looks very similar to the Esky (other than the motors). Check it out and see what you think. If you wish I will post once I receive mine and let you know for sure.....hope this helps
New RC Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heli-max nano flybar will not work

Disregard the last post, I received the flybar for the heli-max nano and the linkage is different (smaller). Still an unusable ESKY nano!!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for letting us know! I have a preorder in for the flybar when helidirect gets it in... c'mon esky.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default flybar

Yea, I pre-ordered a couple of flybars also. However I am not holding my breath on these coming anytime soon, I hope I am wrong. My dealer advised poor customer support from Esky. Have 2 Nano's both down because of the weights breaking off the flybar on minor crashes. I read in one post that the new ones are metal rather than graphite, but do not know for sure. What I do know is I will never purchase another Esky product again!!! Shame, flew decent when they have ALL THE PARTS.....
Old 03-08-2012, 04:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm thoroughly disappointed with Esky. It's ridiculous that this part is out of stock for so long. Their support of it seems downright pathetic. The Nano is really fun to fly, but unfortunately it's built so flimsy. To be real honest it's built like a POS.

I managed to repair my flybar - one of the tips broke off. I cut the other end off to make the bar even, then I drilled a hole in the end of each weight about 1/8" deep, then I super glued the tips back on. It flies great...so far...at least until it smacks something. The shortened flybar doesn't have any ill effect, as long as it's equal length it'll be balanced.

So due to Esky's lack of support, I'll never buy another one of their heli's ever again. I'm boycotting their arsses.
flyingroach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in