Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 08:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Small mishap now the tail keeps spinning???

I had a light crash (servo gear stripped and a broken main blade grip).
Repaired and tried to fly again but now the tail will just spinn around when spooling up.
It will spinn in either direction depending on stick imput.

All controlls work correctly but the tail still spins.
I did a factory reset on the 7200 and reprogramed it and the tail still spins on spool up.
I'm at a loss
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Roger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you take the tail blades off? If so, you may have installed them backwards. If you had the tail boom off, you may have installed the belt incorrectly. When looking at the tail from the right side of the helicopter, the tail needs to rotate counter clockwise. Did you go through the Beastx to be sure the tail gyro is compensating in the proper direction. Step F in the setup menu. My advice to you is read the Beastx manual and learn how to properly set up a helicopter. That will save you a lot of headaches.
puppydog_taz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried a control surface check on the tail? Not only for stick input, but also for gyro response?? The pitch slider should move the same direction as the stick (tail in) and opposite the tail when manually yawed.

Did you take the tail apart at all? Or mess with the belt?? Pretty easy to get things spinning or pointing backwards and everything ends up reversed.

Btw, IMO you should only reset the Bx if things go completely haywire. Otherwise just adjust the setup steps that are needed.

Edit: whoops on repeated info, we were posting at the same time.

Last edited by Dustin Mustangs; 09-09-2014 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: Doubled up puppy
Dustin Mustangs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default the boom/tale was never ai issue with this small crash.

so the belt is fine, the blades are on correctly ( I have been repairing my helies for quite some time now) and all controles function correctly with stick imputs and manually tilting the heli in all directions.
Thats why I am so stumped!
Also did the reset because nothing else I tried to stop the tai spinning worked.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did your tail gyro gain in the transmitter get changed? Is the tail gyro in heading hold or rate mode? Try reversing the gyro in the transmitter if you haven't tried that yet.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

I have a feeling this is a case of the pitch links on the tail grips installed backwards. I could be wrong, but it's worth mentioning just in case.

The arms from the slider should be attached to the leading edge of each tail grip. If they're attached to the trailing edge then it's backwards.

It's a very common mistake to make since the main grips are trailing edge control in the stock configuration and the tail grips are leading edge control.

Anyways, make sure yours looks like this...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B450Tail.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	535036  
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Please understand

the heli was flying beautifuly before I got into trouble. I cut the throttle before the heli landed on its side in the grass.
The only thing broken was a plastic main grip and of coarse a stripped servo gear.
I installed a new head (extra one so I can repair the broken head) I had ready to go, main shaft JIC and repaired the servo.
No other changes were made to the heli and the TX settings are still the same as they were before the crash.

I do appreciate your thoughts! Just wanted to say no tail changes but the heli spins on spool up.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like a Beastx problem then!!
Old 09-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
HF Support

I have seen it where one of the servos gets damaged with an internal short and can cause weird electrical stuff to happen. You might double check to make sure all the servos are in good shape, but yeah, short of any mechanical issues I'd start thinking either the BeastX or one of the servos is acting up.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014, 10:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds similar to a puzzling tail issue I had a while back. Check your rudder push rod to see if the ball link came loose at the point where it's glued to the rod. It's easy to miss it.

Here's a video of the behavior I was experiencing.

Blade 300X AR7200BX Tail CCW Pirouette Issue: [ame]http://youtu.be/E5jxnlpWQDs[/ame]
razorblade201103 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in