Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Plane Newb

Hi all,

After getting Phoenix to practice my 3d skills I ended up pretty much just flying the planes! And I am now looking into getting a plane!

What I want is the parkzone BF109, I can handle it well on the sim and can take it of and land it pretty easy however I know that the sim is not the same as reality!

So is the 109 likely to be too much for me?
SuperGGoose is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, the sim doesn't really account for a lot of the things you are going to experience in real life and will have to learn in order to master the BF-109G. Beautiful looking plane though.

If it's your first real plane, I'd assume you'll be crashing it several times before you learn to control it well. My advice would be to maybe instead, pick one of Horizon Hobby's micro planes, which tend to be much more survivable on a crash, especially over grass. Only thing is that they don't handle wind well, so you'll have to pick your flying days more carefully. They have a lot of cool micros though.

But if you're pretty careful, have a nice large flying area, and are ok with making repairs to Z-foam, go for it! I tend to be on the conservative side, flying small and slow first, but some folks do well just diving right in.

rojack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

"What I want is the parkzone BF109...So is the 109 likely to be too much for me?"

Yes, it probably will be. It is somewhat harder to take off and land than some of the others.

The T-28 is one of the easiest to fly, best flying RTF's out there. I would suggest that one.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

A warbird for your first plane is probably not a good idea, especially a powerful tail dragger like the 109. I HIGHLY recommend the Parkzone T-28 Trojan. It flies like a dream, and is very forgiving for a beginner. Do a search on the forum for it and you'll see how many people love it.
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in