Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Vario

Vario Vario Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2005, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Why is it so hard to buy a Vario in the US?

I've seen a few Vario helis at the field and they look amazing. So why is it that I can't find any detailed info on them?

Example: Maybe I want to buy a Vario... But I don't know which one. My requirements are lame: I want a cool looking heli that has lots of expensive metal bits and flies with grace.

But every time I go to any of the Vario websites, I see a bunch of models that many or may not be full kits, where the model description is so short that it doesn't explain even what general features the kit has or what it includes.

I would like to see naked pictures of the kit before I buy it... But I haven't found any. So how can I choose?

-Mark
marked23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are you looking for a 3D machine 60 or 90. I know were there is a Xtreme 3D that I owned and sold to a local he hasn't flown it. I belive I have some pics of it in one of my folders. If intrested.

OS .61WC, Carbon 675 vario blades, I belive a 401 W/9253. he wanted $900

purple blades not the ones included they are white with carbon strip at the root.

pretty cool paint job as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image007_124.jpg (169.9 KB, 1337 views)
JR 11X
bighands3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2005, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

here you go

http://us.vario-helicopter.biz/shop/index.php?cPath=22
JR 11X
Old 03-31-2005, 01:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chris
old dude begged me to buy that chopper...I told him---thats ok!!I think it had diff blades on it..I'm sure that it flew good...later
Joel Mann is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2005, 11:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here's a better example:
http://us.vario-helicopter.biz/shop/...ducts_id=35115

On this page I can see a not-very detailed picture of a fully built heli. No links to manuals or exploded diagrams, or even just naked pictures of the heli.

"Rotor head with aluminium centre piece" - what does that mean?
"Ballraced collective pitch compensator, alum. centre piece" - Hmm lots of centre pieces I guess.

Yes, I'm just griping. But I'm griping because I think Varios are cool... mostly because they are overbuilt. Yet I can't really consider getting one unless I find a suitable way to discover which one I think I might like. I really don't have a purpose, except a need to play with cool metal bits. I'm just a sport flyer so I don't really care if it's 3d ready.

I know that East Coast just became the US dist. So maybe they are just getting rolling with the marketing materials. Maybe they will get more info up on the website.

I sort of wonder if the mistique about Vario is partly because you can't learn anything about them without buying one.

-Mark
marked23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok the xtreme 3d is an almost all metal machine. Aluminum frames,SS frame tubes,metal cooling fan I do believe, plastic grips, plastic see saws, metal tail gear box,Aluminum boom, Carbon tail drive with the blue X dampners, Belt driven (very smooth and quiet) The one pictured I have some better pics of just the frames and it's RH rotation also. rotor speed is about 1550 for 3D. Mine had plenty of power for 3D and amazingly fast yet stable roll and flip rates..

most of the other machines are plastic with some metal parsts. skyfox, Etc. The Xperiance is like the Xtreme just suited for the .91 engines.

What do you want to know. I know a little about there helis as I was a rep for about a year. Didn't buy any of the plastic kits I know they fly pretty well. I just went with the best machine they had for 3D with all the bling..
JR 11X
Old 04-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
RPM

Default Vario Helicopters

Mark -

I thought it might be beneficial to clarify a critical point. East Coast Scale Helicopters (ECSH) is not a new Vario dealer. Joe Howard, who is the owner, has been a VARIO dealer for quite a few years. However, due to a new US marketing strategy implemented by the Factory last year, ECSH became the official VARIO Importer for the US. Joe has his own Dealer network setup, although you can purchase directly from him via phone or through his website, which is less than a year old and will surely improve in the future.

IMHO, the VARIO mystique is associated with the universal recognition and appreciation for German craftsmanship, in addition to their extensive product line of Scale kits and accessories.

If you have any questions regarding the VARIO products, I highly encourage you to call Joe because he is extremely knowledgable and will take the time to answer all of your questions.

I met Joe for the first time at IRCHA last year and he is every bit the gentleman and professional businessman that one would like to deal with.

Good luck.

Larry
RPM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can recommend the skyfox line as I have a skyfox evo, and a Foxy 50, and a Kobold, and a NOTAR 500N.

Heres the deal, I can get my Evo flyin great and if I choose then install it in a vast choice of fusalages with lil fuss.

Drop me a call this weekend and I can fill ur head on what I have learned with Vario.

505-991-0722 Garland
Garland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2005, 07:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd be happy to help as well.

I can be reached at 913-238-9657 in the evenings. If you're looking for a good Vario ship I'd recommend the Sky Fox line like Garland mentioned or the Evolution.

If you want to see breakdowns and manuals check out www.vario-helicopter.de

Choose the english format and check out "Trainers". On the right of the screen you will see manuals you can look at and on some there is also downloadable video.
"Size it up, then scale it down"
Christopher J is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2005, 09:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another feature on the online store is that once you see a kit or fuse, you can click on the pic and it takes you to another page showing more of the fuse, and shows the items needed to complete the kit. Germany has done a very good job setting up the store, and they promise soon to have the online manuals for each kit on there as well. Also, if you have any questions, you can call or email me at vario@comcast.net
Joe Howard
ECSH
vario is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2005, 06:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

I humbly suggest you buy the Vario catalog #12. This has most every important bit available for each helicopter and pictures. Mix and match. Joe will keep you going in the right direction if you listen to him.

Jack
Heli_jack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2005, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see Joe has joined the ranks......bout time!!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default vario

i just bought a vario XLV from Joe at Eastcoast Vario. i talked to joe for an hour and he was the nicest heli dealer that i have talked with. he gave me all the info i was asking about and was in no way pushy on the sell. i would'nt have to think twice about buying from him again. Greg
nowellflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2006, 09:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awsome, a happy new Vario owner.

The XLV is an awsome ship. It had a definate presence at a flying field as it will be bigger then anything else there.....unless someone shows up with Yamaha's helicopter.

Did you get the Gas or Turbine XLV?
Old 01-21-2006, 09:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default xlv

I cant wait till it gets here. I have the only 3m bell 47 (bell-zilla) flying in the U.S. at this time. So I know the feeling when you bring that big thing out of the trailer. I love flying the bigger helis. Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bell-zilla3_155.jpg (177.4 KB, 1800 views)
nowellflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Gotta love the XLV. I'll be ordering one in the next couple months as well. I'm going for the SPH5 conversion and the awsome 3 bladed head and tail rotor. Very pricey but it floats my boat quite well.

Do you have any pix yet?
Old 09-16-2006, 06:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I strongly recommend getting a Vario catalog (It should be 500+ pages) those who want to buy a Vario kit . You can see the all Vario stuff with more detailed information starting from fuselages to mechanics , engines , accessories etc. It was 50 Euros (including shipment) from Germany but I bet you will buy it cheaper in America .
JR Airskipper 50
TT Raptor 50
Align T-rex 450 SE V2
eskiserkan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My XLV purchase went very smooth with Joe Howard. Now if UPS doesn't destroy it before I get it....lol.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It has survived the trip and is now a built up airframe only. No guts. This is for the painters benefit and will be disassembled for paint. After that, I start the real build.

The aft, skid top, inserts had to be sanded a bit to get a good fit.( Pg. 8) I used a 6 inch T bar sander. The hardest part was holding the insert while hand sanding it. Drilling certain holes out to 4 mm and precutting the canopy are a bonus now. The trim work is already done.

Now to get it to paint.... :glasses2:
Old 11-29-2006, 07:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear the build is going well. Upload some pics if you get a chance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in