Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

You must be great at making those balloon animals!
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Nano CP X tips

I finally broke my stock skids. Now I switched to a set of boiled stock mcpx skids. I know those will hold up.

sent from my phone using circus midgets
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nana NCPX Tips

2 weeks ago I dipped a NEW set of stock skids into low-boiling water until small bubbles appeared on the skids. Pulled them out, let them cool/cure for a few hours, and popped them on the bird and have flown and crashed (low to mid level CP learning curve here) with no skid damage to date ! Working for me so far.
Oh...do not let the skids touch any part of the hot pan...that would not be good...
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

My boiled stockers held up through some good crashes. I was pretty cold outside when they finally broke.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What does boiling the skids do? Make them more flexible?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
What does boiling the skids do? Make them more flexible?
Yes, keeps them from breaking so easy. It makes stock mcpx skids almost indestructable. The Nano skids are a little thinner, but it still helps. That's why I'm using mcpx skids now.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So my throttle hold only works sometimes , that leaves the nano flapping like a fish half the time with me cussing as i fight to get the heli off. I think i need a new tx other than the dx4 crap that came with heli. I use my wk 2801 tx with my other helis and Im kinda cheap so do i get a dx6, or look into the future and get dx8? Please help! Any negitives of either would be helpful.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli biggie View Post
So my throttle hold only works sometimes , that leaves the nano flapping like a fish half the time with me cussing as i fight to get the heli off. I think i need a new tx other than the dx4 crap that came with heli. I use my wk 2801 tx with my other helis and Im kinda cheap so do i get a dx6, or look into the future and get dx8? Please help! Any negitives of either would be helpful.
I compromised and got the dx7s. The jump in price to the dx8 didn't seem worth it, but there are features the dx7s has that I might need.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I use my wk 2801 tx with my other helis and Im kinda cheap so do i get a dx6, or look into the future and get dx8? Please help! Any negitives of either would be helpful.
I have always suggested getting the best radio, you can possibly afford, and you'll never be unhappy with your radio. I've had multiple people thank me, and none tell me I goofed up...

R
Hail, Satan!!
rcav8or is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 AM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I've noticed my nano and other helis doing the flapping around even though I hit throttle hold as well, but I already have a DX8. In my case, seems like it's because as the battery on the heli runs low, it doesn't respond correctly...more often with the brushless esc's.

But back to the tx,... recommend getting the DX8. I'd say it's best to get what you can afford in the future - rather than get the best you want to shell out for now, and have to save again to get another one later - you'll just windup paying more anyways. I love my DX8. It's menu is very intuitive, and switches are nicely layout. If there is one negative, its battery is very expensive and its built-in charger is very slow. But I worked around that by using 4AA NiMH Duracell batteries in a battery holder from Radio Shack with the JST connector soldered onto the battery holder. Those rechargeable Duracells charge in less than 15 minutes and are a lot cheaper.
soonglim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonglim View Post
I've noticed my nano and other helis doing the flapping around even though I hit throttle hold as well, but I already have a DX8. In my case, seems like it's because as the battery on the heli runs low, it doesn't respond correctly...more often with the brushless esc's.
I noticed that on my MCX2. It has a soft low-voltage-cutoff, to let the heli down gently. But once it's started down the curve, it doesn't pay attention to the throttle channel from the 'smitter, just stays on the curve even if it crashes and you hit throttle hold.
The trick is to find out how long it takes to get to LVC, and set a timer for a minute less that runs off the throttle. I know the DX7s has that capability, not sure about the DX6i
Old 02-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I noticed that on my MCX2. It has a soft low-voltage-cutoff, to let the heli down gently. But once it's started down the curve, it doesn't pay attention to the throttle channel from the 'smitter, just stays on the curve even if it crashes and you hit throttle hold.
The trick is to find out how long it takes to get to LVC, and set a timer for a minute less that runs off the throttle. I know the DX7s has that capability, not sure about the DX6i
"runs off the throttle"?
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
"runs off the throttle"?
Timer switched on when the throttle passes a certain point, like 10%.

I wish I knew of one that would scale the time based on the throttle position, especially for planes. If you're dawdling around at half throttle you'd know you can safely double the flight time before landing. I guess you could use the telemetry feature of the higher end Spektrums for that, but you can't add that to the Nano. The receiver and telemetry module would weigh more than the entire Nano! But I digress.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Timer switched on when the throttle passes a certain point, like 10%.

I wish I knew of one that would scale the time based on the throttle position, especially for planes. If you're dawdling around at half throttle you'd know you can safely double the flight time before landing. I guess you could use the telemetry feature of the higher end Spektrums for that, but you can't add that to the Nano. The receiver and telemetry module would weigh more than the entire Nano! But I digress.
Nice! And if you hit TH it pauses?
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
Nice! And if you hit TH it pauses?
Yup! I think this timer feature is one of the main reasons I decided to get the 7 and not the 6.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Really? How is your timer set up? I have the DX7S and my timer continues when TH is engaged.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
Really? How is your timer set up? I have the DX7S and my timer continues when TH is engaged.
I think I figured out what the difference might be. There are actually 3 choices on the timer menu with "throttle" in it. "throttle", "throttle 1-time", and "throttle out". The 3rd choice makes it pay attention to TH. I think that means it pays attention to the actual throttle channel, no matter how it got there, rather than the throttle stick.

If you look in the manual for the Nano, it says to use "Throttle Out" in the DX7s section on page 6.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks!

I will check that in the settings. I am pretty certain that mine is set for anything over 10% throttle stick will run the timer.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
Thanks!

I will check that in the settings. I am pretty certain that mine is set for anything over 10% throttle stick will run the timer.

I have a DX7S and TH stops the timer. Take a look at the settings. I don't have my Tx handy to check. It can been done where TH stops it.
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm stumped. I changed my timer mode to throttle out (it was just "throttle" ), and left the Position value to 10%. Timer runs continually regardless of stick position or TH setting.

EDIT: Tried setting the position to 25% per the manual but this didn't help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in