Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2015, 04:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Q about grease and Lubricants.

Hello,

I have a question on types of grease. I have a Tri-flow Clear synthetic grease. I used it on my thrust bearings, spindle, and one way bearing mainly. Should I be using a different kind of grease for that application or is it good ? The next question is regarding the main gear, I have a 500 helicopter and I never thought of greasing the main gear until they got eaten on spool up. What grease would you recommend on main gears and TT gears? I used Team Losi Great Grease (Blue). Is it good for the job? is there a better alternative for the future?

In terms of Lubricants I only lube my motor bearings with light grease, Main shaft and tail shaft a few drops before a flying day. Boca bearings on TT so there is no need to lube them.
FaisalHeli's is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2015, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't grease my maingears..im thinking if you stripped a mg, something else is going on. maybe mesh is a little loose or tight. damage from previous crash, no soft start, but just because you have no grease it stripped, na
Old 12-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use white lithium grease on all my plastic gears, but a lot of people recommend clean ride, which is a dry lubricant - that helps prevent dirt from sticking to the gears.

I agree that the gear probably didn't strip because of lack of grease, unless it was really old and worn.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2015, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys-heli View Post
I don't grease my maingears..im thinking if you stripped a mg, something else is going on. maybe mesh is a little loose or tight. damage from previous crash, no soft start, but just because you have no grease it stripped, na
It could be the mesh, MG was new never been in a crash. However I always try to get the best mesh possible, its always a bit confusing to me when setting the mesh. The heli was flying fine I had more than 20 flights before it stripped on spoolup with soft start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
I use white lithium grease on all my plastic gears, but a lot of people recommend clean ride, which is a dry lubricant - that helps prevent dirt from sticking to the gears.

I agree that the gear probably didn't strip because of lack of grease, unless it was really old and worn.
Do you know the difference between Synthetic grease and Lithium grease?
To be honest all I information I found is giving examples on application but never the difference.

Im worried about dust getting in my gears and eating them. Should I clean it off?
FaisalHeli's is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

some triflow lube in all your bearings is good
As for lubing nylon gears no need they are self lubricating
Just my op
trex esp 500 fbl
AKPhill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2015, 11:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

No - no - no for plastic to plastic or to anything -

Dry Fluid gear lube

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...FQ6RaQod0bwO8A

-
One way bearing use thick axial grease - best solution is the align OWB grease - clear in those little tubes.....

-

-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in