Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 05:40 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here it is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Q4_02.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	511169  
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ooooo, what big hands you have.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 11:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never mind my face, it is Jacks face I'll be waiting to see. He is sooo going to love it
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 11:28 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jack will love it. I think dad may want a go here and there too.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:01 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

That 10 min charge time will probably be the longest 10 min wait of his life so far, so I better open it first, to charge up and make sure it works. Will have to be extra careful I don't crash it!! But, having given it a little more thought now, I might pretend to charge it up, just to buy me some time to make him want to read the manual with me. I did mention earlier this has to be educational also!
Old 05-25-2014, 06:28 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maybe Dad should have bought two, one for himself as well?

And I like your educational approach
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I'm honest, the thought did cross my mind to change the number in my basket to 2 But had to reel myself in. Daddy will wait a while!! Maybe if Jack like's it, I could upgrade it to the X4 FPV at Christmas, or something bigger for outdoors?
Old 05-27-2014, 01:31 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default My Turn at the Trigger!!!

Ive done it I sold the phantom! So now I bought this! And 2x 3s 5200mah lipos!!

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=53877

I told ya so!
Old 05-28-2014, 07:24 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good Chad, how long before that arrives? Looks the same, but this one is bi-lingual I guess Did u get the 450 yet?

Q4 has arrived!! Was so excited I had to post first. Indeed it is tiny, but looks perfect for blasting round this 6mx5m out building. Now to charge and give it a little test...shhh don't tell Jack!! Check it's ok for him and allow myself a little taster of this quad phenomenon!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love it!! I'm sure Jack will be able to fly this, having seen his ability on the sim. Maybe let myself have another go, and I'm putting it back in the box. I'll probably bust it by weekend, if I carry on

Think I'll have to get the X4 FPV (thats where the confusion came from) Naturally, daddy bear's chair has to be bigger than baby bear's chair
Old 05-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 05-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The QR-X350 PRO should be here Tuesdayish. I got the 450 PRO about a week or 2 ago. I crashed it first test flight when the crappy gyro tape let loose. I ordered spares but the wrong ones. The proper spares and DFC head will be here tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyprusDave View Post
Thanks for sharing Dave Nippy little thing in high mode isn't it!! Think I might have to try a pack through it and see if I can flip it!! Don't think 2 packs will be enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
The QR-X350 PRO should be here Tuesdayish. I got the 450 PRO about a week or 2 ago. I crashed it first test flight when the crappy gyro tape let loose. I ordered spares but the wrong ones. The proper spares and DFC head will be here tomorrow.
Ah yes, remember reading that now. Was tired at the time I read it when I was in the final throws of that big job, so not surprised it didn't sink in!!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thats Badass! You should have no problem flipping it. My little QR-InfraX flips in stunt mode at about half AIL/ELE stick throw. Be warned they dont have negitive pitch and pull groundward mid-flip so give some airspace till you get used to the quad flip feel.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been sucked in by this!! I want one bad

Been researching more about whats currently available, and I'm a little annoyed. Doesn't seem like the new Hubsan X4 HD version (H107C HD) has a vTX output. So I'd have to get the FPV version (H107D), and do a hack to the frame and mod it with an extra HD camera module from the H107C!! Why are things never simple

I'm so tempted just to pull the trigger on the FPV version, and get it on a slow boat from China. It's not much more than what the HD version would cost in the UK. Only thing holding me back is that I should learn to ask questions first, so I'll look into this a little more. In doing that research, I've read some other random comments about using the V252 board as it talks to the Devo Tx's, and maybe a vTX receiver available now that can recieve an HD signal, but I didn't know how they were TX'ing it. Totally confused now!! Need some sleep and will get back to it tomorrow!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:59 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

They are referring to the Devo F7 (FPV TX) it has a hd screen and 5.8g VRX. If it talks to both signals 2.4g for flight RX and 5.8 for vidRX I'm suprised. Who knows? You can ship it to me and I'll try it w/my Devo 10.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:37 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quads are a lot of fun. I am loving the QR-X350PRO and It's not even here. I read the manual written in the broken,mis-worded, confusing, Chinglish that I can translate perfect! Thanks to the fantastic Esky manuals, I am surely fluent in this type of Chinglish. I have the Devo 10 all set up and ready to bind. I'm finding that people are calling this a DJI clone, but I'm finding also that the QR-X350Pro has outdone DJI. 3 axis calibration vs. dJI's 2 axis, QR-X better firmware(audercopter), easier interface, better range, no special lipo required (any 3s lipo will do), the Walkera brand 5200mah (very good quality packs) cost $66 vs $159 DJI. DJI does have 1 mode the QR-X is missing(home lock) in IOC (intelegent orientation control)mode no biggie not a feature I would miss. Course lock seems better, this mode ELE forward always flys away from you back always flys back AIL left stick always goes left and right always goes right regardless of the orientation of the nose.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:15 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by copterboy View Post
Thanks for sharing Dave Nippy little thing in high mode isn't it!! Think I might have to try a pack through it and see if I can flip it!! Don't think 2 packs will be enough
Yes, kind of addictive, isn't it? People see one, they want one. I had mine sent to the office, that same day 6 more people ordered one. I took it to a club indoor session, 2 people ordered via their phone right there, and 2 more the next day. We took part in a model exhibition, I was flying it around our display stand, if I'd had a box of 20 or 30 of them, I could have sold every one.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been trying very hard not to pull the trigger on that X4 FPV, but after chatting to Phil at Revo models today, it is definately the one I want to get started with. I agreed it's a bit gimmicky, but it's mostly for me and Jack, and I'm not expecting miracles from it. I just think the FPV screen will really draw Jacks attention.

What do you guys think about this - I reckon the way things have gone in the past 12 months with the X4, I will hope in another 12 months there will be a HD version released, that includes HD FPV? Do you think it will be possible to compress and transmit that much data? What is the quality of the imae that you guys get through your goggles?

The guy at the LHS also said, if I'm going FPV I would want to start with a 350 as a minimum anyway, and looking for a minimum 10" ground station monitor - so I would say my intersest (and list) has started to grow now

Finally got the hang of the flips and rolls on the Q4, and I have to say again what a great little toy it is. Had to pull out the piano twice already to get it out from behind it Not felt like that since I was flying my first co-ax and bouncing it off the furniture at my ex's. And the good thing is like Dave said, the props just pop off and you pop them back on again Just make sure they are the right way round if they are both the same colour
Old 05-30-2014, 02:53 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's a new option, just been announced:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...RE_ORDER_.html

Plug and fly, so pick your own radio, no compatability problems. Genuinely based on ArduPilot Mega, and uses the open source MAVlink and Mission Planner software.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in