Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I`m fixed on flying the tail.Not good.

I am still at hover,above ground effect.
Still self taught.
But financially, at this time, and the fear of cost and rebuilding at this time is not an option at this time.I realize that its going to happen with progression.
I know i`m in the wrong hobby.........Sorry,I love it !So it can`t be wrong.But I will get this!
I`m sure that all of you have been through this and wanted you input on my delema at this time.
I did shorten my traing gear,and am half tempted to do away all to getter.
I guess that s up to me .
Maybe I`m just looking for some hint`s and what made you loose the training wheels????
I have realized that any one who flies RC heli either has a ton on cabbage, or wants to self challenge themselves.I`m the second.
Thanks for all your support.Every One.
Maybe, I`m just looking for the tough love, and a kick in the ass from the 400,000 of you cause you all have been down this road.
I`m still doing the sim,and the RED rebuild button is the bomb!
Love this sight.
Oh, raptor 50 v-2
Reel Quick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, clearly the hook is set, no release for you For me, losing the training gear came after being able to confidently lift off and land gently. I liked the way the heli "felt" after taking the gear off. I would say keep at the hovers for real and in the sim until you feel 100% confident with your lift off and landing. Other than that, just persistence and patience. You will get it, there's no "prescribed" time frame that you learn in. It's at YOUR pace
Old 02-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I did give the training gear a cut down in size and I can see what your saying about the feel..
I have also found out how cold weather, and wind chill, created by the prop wash will make plastic brittle.. Easy fix. Gave me some down time to replace the clutch as well.
But I see were you are from and guess you know about the cold.
Thank`s for the advice.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lol, yup, I know about the cold Stupid weather, Friday I was flying cuz temps were around the 25ish F range (about +5C) and then Saturday temp drops right off and blowing snow everywhere... I can't win But glad you're getting some practice time in
Old 02-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

RQ.

The title of the thread is "I'm fixed on flying the tail. Not good", but for the life of me I can't figure out what that means... The post seems to indicate that you feel you need some advice to make faster progress, and to that I'll say take as long as you need, it's not a race.

Don't worry if it takes longer than you think it should... you'll get there when the time is right.
the collective is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think he meant flying tail in (...? ) and was looking for advice to progress. So I'm pretty sure we're in the right area anyway when it comes to the advice given.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you can take off and move it side to side and forward and back, then next step with the gear on still is work on circles in front of you close to the ground so the landing gear can still do it's job. 1st make the circles based purely on rudder then apply aileron in conjunction with rudder.

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry about the confusion, Yes, I`m concentrating to much on flying tail in.
It went up into the 40`s the other day and I RAN out the door, figured I would try out the SIM training I found on this sight. A real confidence builder.
After admiring my handy work with the new clutch,and expo -rate changes I spun her up and was hovering like never before .
20 yards away and back,(to the right ,to the left only 10 feet no room) all tail in of course.
I tried a pero at 3 feet but lost altitude quickly,but the snow helped take the sting out of the landing.
On my last tank,I was holding at 45 degrees left and right, low altitude, side in was to much .
I then got a little brave and ran the bird up to 15-20 feet and just hovered in one place for almost 10 minutes. I brought her down and made sure i hovered it back to the truck with out touching it. I walked behind it.
Thanks for all the help,I`ll try to fix my post, and I will start on the circles as soon as it gets above freezing.Sim till then.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool It takes some time to get used to it, but after a while, you'll get all the orientations. Just keep doing what you're doing, work on 45 in and once you can do that as well as you have tail in now, move it to 90 in. You'll get it, like collective said, when the time is right, just keep at it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in